Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

OK you guys - BOOKMARK THIS THREAD

WVAPPeer
School: Other

OK you guys - BOOKMARK THIS THREAD

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:03 pm

BECAUSE I WILL MAKE SURE IT WILL BE REVIEWED WHEN THE REGULAR SEASON ENDS ---
OUR APP STATE MOUNTAINEERS WILL END UP NO WORSE THAN SHARING THE SUNBELT CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP !!![/color]
***Disclaimer*** I missed segments of the game today because SpectrumTWC is a piece of shit when trying to stream ESPN3 - I hate it ---
***Disclaimer#2*** I have not been drinking ---

How can I make such a ridiculous statement/prediction???
#1 the SunBelt is more balanced this season than any of our others - on a given day anyone can beat anyone else (of course, part of this is out of our hands because ArkSt must lose one)
#2 ArkSt and Troy must play - one will lose
#3 ArkSt must also go to ULM and those guys have proven they can score points
#4 2 of 3 remaining games for APP are at home
#5 we can clearly win our remaining 3 games
#6 APP won't lose to GaSo - GaSt will be tough but we will win - these SENIORS will not lose at The Rock on Senior Day ---
---------------------------------------------------------------
As for today's game - I just don't know - Really!!!!!!!!!
- I am shocked our defense gave up so many points and played so poorly - I really am and those who are questioning Woody's coaching ability you are f-ing crazy --- I can't explain the poor play today defensively???
- Kick-off coverage was really poor - we need to go back to kicking out of the end zone as I am not sure why that has changed - Don't know if it is Rubino or coaching strategy
- Offense is will be fine if we can keep Jalin on the field - he makes such a difference even if he doesn't run the ball on a given play, the defense has to account for him - Ike Lewis has really come on as a big-time weapon both offensively and kick returning - although Taylor is clearly not 100% physically - he is still 100% mentally
- Staton looks to have solid confidence in himself
For the season as a whole - Yes, to me, it has been a disappointment - we should have beaten WF and I said prior to the beginning that anything worse than 9-3 would be sub-par - However, winning the SB Championship has been our most realistic goal and that is still possible ---
LET'S JUST HOPE SOMEONE CAN KNOCK OF ARK ST !!!
***Back away from the ledge!!!***
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

appst1992
School: Appalachian State

Re: OK you guys - BOOKMARK THIS THREAD

Unread post by appst1992 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:11 pm

Not surprised about our defense. We’ve given up a lot of points and yards all season.
Taylor isn’t 100% mentally either. He takes a sack on 4th down. And it wouldn’t have mattered anyway but his execution on the last drive was awful. Way too long to get the snap, short passes.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:13 pm

A few weeks back I said we were at best an average FBS team. However, I gave this team the benefit of doubt due to injuries, youth, etc. and recanted. After today, I stand by my original thought, we are an average G5 team, at best. And, that's being very optimistic.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:34 pm

I like it.

FeartheNeers

Unread post by FeartheNeers » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:35 pm

I admire your optimism. At some point we need to accept that we aren't as good as the past couple App teams have been. I don't know whether it's having injured playmakers, a lack of playmakers, coaching, or a more competitive conference - I don't know. But none of those possibilities excuses the outcome we've seen so far. Imagine if this season had been had by Colorado State, or Tulsa: a few close wins over "peer competition," no signature wins, and a few inexplicable losses. Without the skew of homerism or animosity, you'd probably think of a 5-4 CSU or Tulsa as an okay team. Not great. Not terrible. That's what I ultimately think we are; okay but not great. I think the future is bright, and the young guys have stepped up as well as they could given the situation. We should (likely) make a bowl, and can still finish with an acceptable 7 or 8 wins. It just isn't the season we might have hoped for or expected as App fans.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:36 pm

appst1992 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:11 pm
Not surprised about our defense. We’ve given up a lot of points and yards all season.
Taylor isn’t 100% mentally either. He takes a sack on 4th down. And it wouldn’t have mattered anyway but his execution on the last drive was awful. Way too long to get the snap, short passes.
20-29 passing, 339 yards, 4 TDs.
If you are looking for perfection - pick another sport ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:40 pm

No doubt we have underachieved this season (regardless of how the rest of the season plays out), it's obvious where the responsibility lies! Before anyone assumes I'm thinking the worse, I'm not asking that anyone be fired. However, I'm very disappointed in our staff overall this season!! Fire Away.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:43 pm

We have in most of our games started slow, often falling behind by two scores. I'm not pointing fingers at any particular group because I don't know where the fault lies but something is not right with the way we start each game.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:46 pm

hapapp wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:43 pm
We have in most of our games started slow, often falling behind by two scores. I'm not pointing fingers at any particular group because I don't know where the fault lies but something is not right with the way we start each game.
And, it never seems to be corrected, week in and week out?????????????

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:01 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:46 pm
hapapp wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:43 pm
And, it never seems to be corrected, week in and week out?????????????
Except for the one where we got up by 2 scores in the 1st qtr. then absolutely sleepwalked thru the next two quarters, we were even down at the half. Unfortunately, that seems to be a characteristic of this group and i am not sure how you correct that.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:11 pm

We lose at least 1 out of the next 3. No chance of SB title. Already no chance cause Ark State probably going undefeated.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:12 pm

Still waiting for a complete four quarter performance, not holding my breath.

FeartheNeers

Unread post by FeartheNeers » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:13 pm

biggie wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:11 pm
We lose at least 1 out of the next 3. No chance of SB title. Already no chance cause Ark State probably going undefeated.
You don't think Troy will give them more than they can handle?

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:15 pm

FeartheNeers wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:13 pm
biggie wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:11 pm
You don't think Troy will give them more than they can handle?
At this point, does it really matter?

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:19 pm

Yep - and I bet some of you were the same guys who last year wrote this team off after a conference loss ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:19 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:03 pm
BECAUSE I WILL MAKE SURE IT WILL BE REVIEWED WHEN THE REGULAR SEASON ENDS ---
OUR APP STATE MOUNTAINEERS WILL END UP NO WORSE THAN SHARING THE SUNBELT CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP !!![/color]
***Disclaimer*** I missed segments of the game today because SpectrumTWC is a piece of shit when trying to stream ESPN3 - I hate it ---
***Disclaimer#2*** I have not been drinking ---

How can I make such a ridiculous statement/prediction???
#1 the SunBelt is more balanced this season than any of our others - on a given day anyone can beat anyone else (of course, part of this is out of our hands because ArkSt must lose one)
#2 ArkSt and Troy must play - one will lose
#3 ArkSt must also go to ULM and those guys have proven they can score points
#4 2 of 3 remaining games for APP are at home
#5 we can clearly win our remaining 3 games
#6 APP won't lose to GaSo - GaSt will be tough but we will win - these SENIORS will not lose at The Rock on Senior Day ---
---------------------------------------------------------------
As for today's game - I just don't know - Really!!!!!!!!!
- I am shocked our defense gave up so many points and played so poorly - I really am and those who are questioning Woody's coaching ability you are f-ing crazy --- I can't explain the poor play today defensively???
- Kick-off coverage was really poor - we need to go back to kicking out of the end zone as I am not sure why that has changed - Don't know if it is Rubino or coaching strategy
- Offense is will be fine if we can keep Jalin on the field - he makes such a difference even if he doesn't run the ball on a given play, the defense has to account for him - Ike Lewis has really come on as a big-time weapon both offensively and kick returning - although Taylor is clearly not 100% physically - he is still 100% mentally
- Staton looks to have solid confidence in himself
For the season as a whole - Yes, to me, it has been a disappointment - we should have beaten WF and I said prior to the beginning that anything worse than 9-3 would be sub-par - However, winning the SB Championship has been our most realistic goal and that is still possible ---
LET'S JUST HOPE SOMEONE CAN KNOCK OF ARK ST !!!
***Back away from the ledge!!!***

Coach, you make me LOL! :lol:

AppRolls

Unread post by AppRolls » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:23 pm

We start out with a bang in the Sun Belt.......and now we're regressing. We're upside down. We should be building on the momentum of our strong start in the SB, our 2 bowl wins and SB Championship. We shouldn't have the holes we have on both sides of the ball at this point. Disappointing.

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:24 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:12 pm
Still waiting for a complete four quarter performance, not holding my breath.
Methinks the Wake game may be the closest we see this year to a 4 quarter effort.

The way we lost that game, I simply don’t think we have recovered. Seems that game took the wind out of our sails. Haven’t been the same since.

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:25 pm

AppRolls wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:23 pm
We start out with a bang in the Sun Belt.......and now we're regressing. We're upside down. We should be building on the momentum of our strong start in the SB, our 2 bowl wins and SB Championship. We shouldn't have the holes we have on both sides of the ball at this point. Disappointing.
With a “Bang” in the SunBelt? We have been fortunate to win the games we have in Conference. Everyone has been a dogfight.

AppRolls

Unread post by AppRolls » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:27 pm

AppDawg - we started out with a bang in the Sun Belt since our transition from FCS.
That's what I meant.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”