Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

OK you guys - BOOKMARK THIS THREAD

ah59396
School: Appalachian State

Re: OK you guys - BOOKMARK THIS THREAD

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:20 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:07 pm
I don;t think I made excuses to start this thread and I'm not sure others have either - I try to state the info as I see it - I stick by my prediction - some of you guys just don't have a clue - Satterfield and Woody and this bunch can no longer coach - geez, the bums have lost 3 SB games in 3 years -After the loss at UGA the only viable realistic accomplishment for this season was to win the SB - we are going to the same bowl in Dec as we would have if we finished 11-1 - Finishing 11-1 would have been great but anything more after the UGA loss is basically window dressing - Not saying I wouldn't have loved to beat WF and UMass and ULM but our season goal of winning the SB is still possible and then just as if we were 11-1 we will play a MAC team in a bowl game ---
Honestly WVAPPeer, I appreciate your optimism and it keeps me hopeful. But this team could go 0-100 and you’d be telling us all why we shouldn’t blame the team and coaching staff. Sometimes bad is bad. We will still all be back next week.
YNWA

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:38 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:20 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
I don;t think I made excuses to start this thread and I'm not sure others have either - I try to state the info as I see it - I stick by my prediction - some of you guys just don't have a clue - Satterfield and Woody and this bunch can no longer coach - geez, the bums have lost 3 SB games in 3 years -After the loss at UGA the only viable realistic accomplishment for this season was to win the SB - we are going to the same bowl in Dec as we would have if we finished 11-1 - Finishing 11-1 would have been great but anything more after the UGA loss is basically window dressing - Not saying I wouldn't have loved to beat WF and UMass and ULM but our season goal of winning the SB is still possible and then just as if we were 11-1 we will play a MAC team in a bowl game ---
Honestly WVAPPeer, I appreciate your optimism and it keeps me hopeful. But this team could go 0-100 and you’d be telling us all why we shouldn’t blame the team and coaching staff. Sometimes bad is bad. We will still all be back next week.
Thanks for the kind words but really - this team and coaches have lost 3 SB games in 3 years - we haven't performed this season like I had hoped but the reason is NOT poor coaching - some questionable calls? sure - some stupid penalties by some players? absolutely - some blown assignments? yes --- But when some point out we have had a lot of injuries and we play a lot of freshmen, it is not an excuse - It is a FACT and it has to have had some negative affect on the overall performance ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:43 pm

One overriding point of all my posts have been this - WE ALL MUST KEEP IN MIND REALISTIC GOALS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS - as stated earlier, after the UGA loss our realistic and obtainable objectives were to win the SB and win a bowl game - I see both of those as still obtainable ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:44 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
This is not the only post poor performance thread. You've posted enough times to know many on here have made various excuses.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:52 pm

Ha - I clicked SUBMIT and I wasn't finished --- look at the college football games today and look at the teams whose realistic goals were squashed today - Ohio State - no playoff, Penn St - no playoff - Oklahoma St - no playoff - NC State - 35th year without a conference championship - and more will surely happen next week
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:02 pm

Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:08 pm

BUTCH1991 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:41 pm
Goapps15 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:34 pm
8-4 at best is a disapoointment with our extremely weak schedule. There isn't a way to sugar coat it. How we are playing is not okay. The excuses need to stop from us as fans.
How we are playing is not okay, however, we also don't need to overreact and start asking to fire coaches.
I never said fire coaches. Just accountability.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:13 pm

FeartheNeers wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:13 pm
biggie wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:11 pm
We lose at least 1 out of the next 3. No chance of SB title. Already no chance cause Ark State probably going undefeated.
You don't think Troy will give them more than they can handle?
No. Currently Troy looks weaker than Ark State to me.

stafford

Unread post by stafford » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:17 pm

I can agree with some things posted about the offense... but, ...

If you score 45 and lose, it's pretty obvious where the problem is. :cry:

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:18 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:44 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
This is not the only post poor performance thread. You've posted enough times to know many on here have made various excuses.
True - what are the excuses that you don't deem legit?
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:20 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:02 pm
Great :D
What did you consider legitimate accomplishments going into this season? and after the loss to UGA?
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

stafford

Unread post by stafford » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:22 pm

Probably happened only a couple of times, but under pressure, Lamb spun to his right 180 degrees into a defender. He should've stepped into the pocket and thrown the ball instead of taking a sack. Still, 45 points on the board.

Should not lose a game with 45 points unless playing Clemson or Alabama.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:24 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:18 pm
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:44 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
True - what are the excuses that you don't deem legit?
As I stated, every team deals with injuries and youth, but still find success. It's called find a way.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:33 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:20 pm
WataugaMan wrote:
What did you consider legitimate accomplishments going into this season? and after the loss to UGA?
How about you?

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:34 pm

Goapps15 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:08 pm
BUTCH1991 wrote:
Goapps15 wrote:
8-4 at best is a disapoointment with our extremely weak schedule. There isn't a way to sugar coat it. How we are playing is not okay. The excuses need to stop from us as fans.
How we are playing is not okay, however, we also don't need to overreact and start asking to fire coaches.
But some are

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:45 pm

Here it is from an earlier post ---
WVAPPeer wrote:
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:46 pm

The results have been pretty good the last three full seasons. This year has been a bit of a struggle. However, when you factor in all the variable, coaches, coaching philosophy, roster, and injuries and attrition. The coaches and philosophy are the only constant. My point is that the coaches haven't forgotten how to their jobs so it is a personnel issue.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:43 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:38 pm
ah59396 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:20 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
Thanks for the kind words but really - this team and coaches have lost 3 SB games in 3 years - we haven't performed this season like I had hoped but the reason is NOT poor coaching - some questionable calls? sure - some stupid penalties by some players? absolutely - some blown assignments? yes --- But when some point out we have had a lot of injuries and we play a lot of freshmen, it is not an excuse - It is a FACT and it has to have had some negative affect on the overall performance ---
I agree it’s a fact. But great programs find a way to reload every year. They don’t drop games to one win programs and sunbelt doormats. Understanding our deficiencies and being frustrated with our outcomes don’t have to be mutually exclusive concepts. I expect better from this program.

And frankly, stupid penalties season after season is bad coaching. Satt does almost everything well, but apparently discipline isn’t one of them.

Edit: also I’m not throwing shade at you. I generally appreciate your unfettered optimism. So thanks for keeping it rolling.
YNWA

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:02 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:20 pm
WataugaMan wrote:
Barely beat the little sisters of the poor, barely? Lose to a 1-win team and a team who had lost the last 3? Sorry, youth-whatever. Injuries, every team has 'em. Flat out-that aint getting it done. Where does the buck stop?

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:04 am

BUTCH1991 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:34 pm
Goapps15 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:08 pm
BUTCH1991 wrote:
Goapps15 wrote:
But some are
Who? Name 'em. Have not seen that here, plain and simple. stop with the hyperbole.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”