Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

11 Points...*sigh*

dp42828

11 Points...*sigh*

Unread post by dp42828 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:19 pm

Well, I'm super bummed about the lost this weekend. This one hurts big since it was a SunBelt game.

I've seen a lot of social media, message board, Twitter, etc. posts about this being a "bad team."

We have lost our 3 games by a total of 11 points.
1 pt loss to Wake
3 pt loss to UMass
7 pt loss to ULM

What would the narrative be if we had just made one more big play, one less penalty* or *gulp* gotten one more call in our favor* in each game?

*offsides on 4th down resulting in 7 pts for Wake, unneccesary roughness on Umass QB, 6 pts (maybe 7) off the board...

**pushed out of bounds and running back in is somewhat subjective, he didn't appear to come right back in, but ran down the sidelines and then back in...subjective. ULM spun the ball a couple times after a big run...we got penalized for that vs Wake...just dumb luck I guess

I don't mean to complain about the refs, we shouldn't be counting on their help to win, I'm just using it to illustrate we're THAT close to being 8-1 vs 5-4. #whatmighthavebeen

If we had lost by 30 to Wake, 21 to UMass and 21 to ULM, yeah, also a different story.

I like how we fight each game and I hope that we can clean up a couple of mental mistakes that will help us win out.

I do have a suggestion: Could the scoreboard please incorrectly read 0-10 at kickoff? We seem to play better once the scoreboard says 0-10 :lol:

Make sure you clear your calendar for Thursday, drink lots of water in preparation to SCREAM YOUR HEAD OFF AT THE ROCK!!!
David
2004 Marketing & Management Grad

EastHallApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: 11 Points...*sigh*

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:53 pm

The narrative would be that we'd have been impossibly lucky, since every one of our FBS wins has also been by one possession.*

I agree that we aren't a bad team, but we aren't unlucky either. We were inordinately lucky in winning close games for a while, and now it's evening out.

*ETA that I forgot we actually beat NMSU by two scores, but the point is the same.
Last edited by EastHallApp on Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppFan11

Unread post by AppFan11 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:55 pm

Well done youngster! (nice to have people call you young.....) I think your comments are right on the mark. You give 10 people the same book to read and ask them to tell you about it and you'll get nine different responses. It's the same for a football game. Lots of moving pieces and everybody sees them differently. We all want what we want.... know what I mean?

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:00 pm

Adversity reveals character. We play till the whistle blows and the clock says 0:00.

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:07 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:53 pm
The narrative would be that we'd have been impossibly lucky, since every one of our FBS wins has also been by one possession.

I agree that we aren't a bad team, but we aren't unlucky either. We were inordinately lucky in winning close games for a while, and now it's evening out.
Beat me to it

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”