Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

End of season thoughts

WVAPPeer
School: Other

End of season thoughts

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:58 am

Personally, now that football has wrapped up for another season it is time for me to step away for awhile but decided to give my thoughts ---

There are some really, really knowledgeable people here on MMB and I'm not limiting that to "football knowledge". Several have a real sense of the dynamics of working with young adults, with interactions between different types of people, with the hard job it is to gain and keep the trust of 18-22 year olds, with life's lessons that many of us have experienced through being on this earth for decades and for the unbridled spirit of our younger fans. The moderators have done a great job in transitioning to the new board and making it work so smoothly ---

As in real every day life there are also a couple of clueless, negative haters - Jerry Moore dedicated a QUARTER OF A CENTURY of this life to ASU and while we all knew this time was near it is not a time for joy that he is finished as head coach. The ones who are patting themselves on their backs because they got Coach Moore "fired" are the same ones who next year and every year going forward who will be bitching about the sorry coaches - Those who picked out Patrick Blalock as their whipping boy on a defense which lost key players and underperformed will be the same people who will belittle other APP football players who work their asses off and want to win more than any fan once Patrick graduates ---

We missed our first home playoff game since '99 this past Saturday as the kick-off was happening at 2pm we were graveside of a beloved family member - but as the saying goes "the circle of life" right beside us was our 2 month old grand daughter - It was an unusual almost surreal feeling ---

As many on here know I coached in high school for a number of years and my stance was almost 99% in support of the coaches and what the players were sacrificing to represent ASU - for that I received the label of being in "The Lollipop Guild with my rose-colored glasses" - a label that I truly honor ---

As I step away for awhile I do want to note that I have met some great people on here and we have connected through personal email and will continue to stay in touch - I just am weary of the negativity and misguided hatred and feel for those who always see the glass half empty ---

Merry Christmas to all ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

ASUMountaineer
School: Appalachian State

Re: End of season thoughts

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:08 am

Wise words, El Presidente. Merry Christmas to you as well!
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

RockCampAPP

Unread post by RockCampAPP » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:54 am

You did a great job of summarizing what I also have been feeling. I was indeed going to post something similar. I will not. Instead I will piggy back off your statements as they can not be improved upon. I guess I wear those rose colored glasses as well. Can't wait for the next season. Merry Christmas to you. RCA

app87

Unread post by app87 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:37 am

Excellent post! Agree 100%. Merry CHRISTmas to all!

ViewCrew87

Unread post by ViewCrew87 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:43 am

Enjoy that grand daughter Coach! Very sorry to hear about your loss.

We'll talk soon! Need to get you up to see the diamond Apps this Spring!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”