Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

The Band

BTK2000
School: Appalachian State

Re: The Band

Unread post by BTK2000 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:57 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:48 am
I had friends that were human Yosefs and they shot the rifle. They also exhorted the crowd to stand up and yell and that is different when a human does it verses a mardi gras character. I get it now that mic'ing the band might not be a good idea but the location of the band blows. I'd rather see them back in the West student section. And our band imo should devote an extra 30 minutes each week to gameday prep especially during the game.
They do. on a game day there is a 1.5 hour rehearsal in the stadium at about 7am. Kudos to you all that were already tailgating when I used to walk to of winker and head to morning rehearsal because I wasn't ever fully awake at that hour. After that everyone gets about a 2 hour break before the mountaineer walk and pep bands(take a nap, shotgun a couple beers, whatever floats your boat). After an hour and a half of pep bands they get about an hour to eat something and thats the last chance until after the game. 2 hours before kickoff they are on Walker lawn warming up and putting on a mini concert for everyone who want to listen. From there you go straight to the parade into the stadium and roll right into game things. So for a generally 2.5 hour game that starts a 3:30 the band will finally finish their 11 hour day at 6:00. take away the breaks and the average band member has invested 8+ hours on gamed alone.

Now the band does have week of camp before classes and about 2 weeks of regular rehearsal before the first game. Thats 6, 12 hour days of camp that are purely dedicated to brining freshman up to speed, learning music/ drill theory and rehearsing/ learning pregame. After all that the rest of camp is dedicated to the first show because once camp is over you only have 6 hours of rehearsal till the first game.

Now after all that we will add in the fact that basically every student in the band is taking 12+ hours of class and has a a life outside of band (well most of them). How are they supposed to rehearse more? Its a 1 credit hour class.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:15 am

How do we stack up as far a practice time with State Western A&t Alabama Georgia for instance

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:02 pm

Put them back where they belong. Mic them up for the west side.
http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics2 ... 201315.jpg
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”