Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Ayers Reacts to Moore Departure

hapapp
School: Appalachian State

Ayers Reacts to Moore Departure

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:53 pm

RockCampAPP

Re: Ayers Reacts to Moore Departure

Unread post by RockCampAPP » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:48 pm

Then after reading this article. I would say tell Charlie Cobb to take a hike. The fans and supporters of ASU football want one MOORE year. Announce it today if you like but let the Coach end it his way after the twenty-fifth season. A class act who has done so much deserves a first class finish. ONE MOORE YEAR.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:26 pm

RockCampAPP wrote:Then after reading this article. I would say tell Charlie Cobb to take a hike. The fans and supporters of ASU football want one MOORE year. Announce it today if you like but let the Coach end it his way after the twenty-fifth season. A class act who has done so much deserves a first class finish. ONE MOORE YEAR.
And what if he decides he wants just one more year after that? Where does it ever stop? I am forever grateful for everything Jerry Moore has done for Appalachian. He deserves whatever accolades are bestowed upon him by the university, the college football community and the Boone community. But there had to be a stopping point. An agreement was in place and it was upheld. Was it emotional? No doubt. Does it look messy? It does. But I still haven't seen anything suggested that would have made this situation play out any differently or any better. I don't blame Moore for asking for another year after it was agreed that this would be his last. That is what coaches and competitors do. I don't blame Cobb for upholding the agreement they had. That's what athletic directors have to do.

I hope we can celebrate what coach Moore did and look to the future with anticipation of continuing the legacy of success he left.

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:58 pm

agree, I think Cobb handled this sitution in a professional manner. I understand that alot of people are emotional about Moore leaving, but, blaming Cobb, just for doing his job is wrong. It amazes me that there are people who believe Cobb should be fired for the way he handled this sitution, sorry, but that bs, As much as I admire Moore and will be forever grateful for what he has done for the University, Cobb's job is to make the tough decisions, and to do whats best in the advancement of the athletic dept. I know there are people who disagree with me, but I think, in this sitution, Cobb earned his paycheck and did a good job......now, if he could only get us in the SBC or USA.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:02 pm

Let's also keep in mind that Coach Moore's contract was expiring. He wasn't fired, they're just not giving him a new contract. They are going in a different direction. Looking for some youth and energy to focus on moving up to FBS. Let's all thank Coach and be grateful for all he has done for our wonderful university. Hopefully, after he's had a few weeks to rest, he'll realize that he's at peace with it and be happy in his life. May God be with him and his wife and return to him all he has done to raise a bunch of young men over the past 24 years.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”