Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Poorly Handled

mayor85
School: Appalachian State

Poorly Handled

Unread post by mayor85 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:39 pm

Today I was approached by the Director of External Communications for a major university in North Carolina that is a business contact that I speak with weekly and some times daily. They were very surprised by the way the news of Coach Moore not returning was presented. To paraphrase “ very unprofessional”. “The timing and wording of Cobb’s announcement was so poorly presented it creates the perception that HE (CC) wanted Coach Moore out. True or not it came across this way. If there was an agreement for this to be his last season there should have a plan in place of how you present this to your fan base, team, recruits & university. If the coach decides not step down you don’t leave the university or the former coach in a bad light. The way this transpired it damages the reputation of the university and AD.

PhillyApp1

Re: Poorly Handled

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:36 pm

mayor85 wrote:Today I was approached by the Director of External Communications for a major university in North Carolina that is a business contact that I speak with weekly and some times daily. They were very surprised by the way the news of Coach Moore not returning was presented. To paraphrase “ very unprofessional”. “The timing and wording of Cobb’s announcement was so poorly presented it creates the perception that HE (CC) wanted Coach Moore out. True or not it came across this way. If there was an agreement for this to be his last season there should have a plan in place of how you present this to your fan base, team, recruits & university. If the coach decides not step down you don’t leave the university or the former coach in a bad light. The way this transpired it damages the reputation of the university and AD.
I say your business contact has not delt with this situation before and Coach Moore is who made CC and APP look bad. JM should have said thank you for 24 years and all of the love APP State has given him. Jobs are NOT entitled too. Humility in the end is also important. Time to move on. Thank you coach Moore !!! i hope you stay with APP so we can continue to love you and your faithful spirit.

appthunder90

Unread post by appthunder90 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:39 pm

PhillyApp1 wrote:
mayor85 wrote:Today I was approached by the Director of External Communications for a major university in North Carolina that is a business contact that I speak with weekly and some times daily. They were very surprised by the way the news of Coach Moore not returning was presented. To paraphrase “ very unprofessional”. “The timing and wording of Cobb’s announcement was so poorly presented it creates the perception that HE (CC) wanted Coach Moore out. True or not it came across this way. If there was an agreement for this to be his last season there should have a plan in place of how you present this to your fan base, team, recruits & university. If the coach decides not step down you don’t leave the university or the former coach in a bad light. The way this transpired it damages the reputation of the university and AD.
I say your business contact has not delt with this situation before and Coach Moore is who made CC and APP look bad. JM should have said thank you for 24 years and all of the love APP State has given him. Jobs are NOT entitled too. Humility in the end is also important. Time to move on. Thank you coach Moore !!! i hope you stay with APP so we can continue to love you and your faithful spirit.
yeah gotta make sure you put your shoulder into it!

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:49 pm

I think you and your contact are correct, it was not handled well by JM thusaking itmore difficult for CC.....Go APP... time move on

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:57 pm

I couldn't agree more. I've always been a big Charlie fan, but he's bungled this royally. Maybe he's up to his eyeballs in FBS dealing but that's no excuse. This is a big boy job and if he's let that throw him off his game, he should cool it with considering bigger jobs out there because he's not ready for it. What's done is done, he,s screwed this up and now he better start making up for it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”