Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Post-Game Prayer

Appsolutely

Re: Post-Game Prayer

Unread post by Appsolutely » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:52 am

HeffnerIV wrote:
Appsolutely wrote:
JCline0429 wrote:
asualum78 wrote:I live in the Chattanooga area and the Freedom From Religion Foundation is suing to stop prayer in THE ROCK West as well as a local high school. What can they do about a player led post-game prayer? They are also trying to stop the high school coach from using religious references or witnessing to his players! How long before we are next????

https://www.facebook.com/SupportCoachMariakis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I wonder if this was a Muslim prayer if the reaction by the group would be the same?
Why wouldn't it be? Do you see this as some sort of attack on Christianity?
I'm assuming this is a rhetorical question.
Yeah, I know he sees it that way, but I doubt these folks are Muslim sympathizers.
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:33 pm

Yes, pretty much a rhetorical question. None of us really know unless it actually happened.
a.k.a JC0429

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:12 am

Yosef84 wrote:One more comment. No law in this nation can attempt to prohibit voluntary prayer. It is a direct violation of the first amendment. As the saying goes...as long as there are exams, there will be prayer in schools.

Or - it could be stated - "as long as there are good looking girls, there will prayer in schools" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”