Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Oh Ye - Of So Little Faith-Part 2 - Consolation Prize

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Oh Ye - Of So Little Faith-Part 2 - Consolation Prize

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:26 am

As a follow-up to the first thread ---
CONSOLATION PRIZE --- ???
As mentioned in the earlier thread, a shared SunBelt Championship is a consolation Prize -

My thoughts --- Hell No, APP State is a SunBelt Football Champions (2 years in a row)

Thoughts from you guys???
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

Re: Oh Ye - Of So Little Faith-Part 2 - Consolation Prize

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:54 am

We are champs.....the players like it. If they like it I like it.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:56 am

Since I’m the one you’re quoting, I’ll just respectfully ask that we let this dead horse rest.

We’ve all had a chance to give our thoughts on what our program goals are or should be. Now isn’t the time to restart that argument. It’s time to celebrate - a championship and, more importantly, one of the best senior classes in App history.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:28 am

What's the point of this thread?
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:21 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:28 am
To point out to those who so quickly are ready to "write this team off" for whatever reason, poor coaching, subpar QB, stupid play calls, DBs who give up and miss tackles, OLmen who continue to make the same mistakes, poor special team play, barely beating the worst teams in the country and then losing to the worst team in the country, and all the other crap that has been spewed about this team and coaches - THEY ARE STILL THE CHAMPIONS ---

And I don't want to hear about, "well this is a message board and we are allowed to complain" as an excuse - If you care to go back and read posts during the season you will find that I, WVAPP, did in fact question things from time to time BUT, I never said this team was done - IN FACT, I tried to keep the end goal of winning the SunBelt in sight over all other things - I have absolutely no problem with fans who question and don't understand certain things but I have no use for "fans" who are so quick to dump on our players and coaches ---
And if that is not enough of explanation go back to the middle of the '16 season and you will find almost exactly the scenario and a similar response from me ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:22 am

And it is also a big dose of I TOLD YOU SO --- :o :lol: :shock:
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:27 am

You sir are a true friend of the crown!

MtnMan09

Unread post by MtnMan09 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:49 am

'09, I am not sure Ive ever actually eye rolled at a thread on here before until running up on this. :roll:

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:58 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:21 am
To point out to those who so quickly are ready to "write this team off" for whatever reason, poor coaching, subpar QB, stupid play calls, DBs who give up and miss tackles, OLmen who continue to make the same mistakes, poor special team play, barely beating the worst teams in the country and then losing to the worst team in the country, and all the other crap that has been spewed about this team and coaches - THEY ARE STILL THE CHAMPIONS ---

And I don't want to hear about, "well this is a message board and we are allowed to complain" as an excuse - If you care to go back and read posts during the season you will find that I, WVAPP, did in fact question things from time to time BUT, I never said this team was done - IN FACT, I tried to keep the end goal of winning the SunBelt in sight over all other things - I have absolutely no problem with fans who question and don't understand certain things but I have no use for "fans" who are so quick to dump on our players and coaches ---
And if that is not enough of explanation go back to the middle of the '16 season and you will find almost exactly the scenario and a similar response from me ---
There was a ton of negativity this year from the fan base and it was a tough year with all of the injuries, and even with that we were literally 3 plays away from being 11 & 1 right now instead of 8 & 4. I think the 1 point loss to Wake was just a huge disappointment that some just never got over and then the close wins and then the losses to UMass & ULM were too much for some to absorb. There were some that were even disappointed with our showing in the UGA loss and they are now playing for the NC. At the end though, we're champs again and going bowling!!

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:05 am

To me, it smacks of the "I'm a better fan than you" threads that used to be common on here.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:11 am

you can call it whatever you want - some people are right and some are wrong --- some see the worst and some see the best --- some are always negative and some are always positive --- some like to spew blame and some try to find reasons --- some know what if feels like being a player and/or a coach and some don't --- YOU HAVE NEVER READ WHERE I HAVE CLAIMED TO BE A BETTER FAN THAN ANYONE ELSE --- LOOK IT UP, YOU HAVE THE RESOURCES --- I do use the word "fan" in quotes for those who dump on our players and coaches - throw me off your board if you want ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:19 am

Well, you'll have to show me where I ever threatened to throw anyone off the board for expressing their opinion. I don't think you'll find it.

I'm just wondering how expressing a different opinion somehow gets twisted to getting thrown off the board. That's a stretch that any first baseman would be proud of.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:28 am

Well as the owner of the board you just insinuated that I was calling myself a better fan than others --- that is a falsehood and you have the resources to verify that - Do it ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:31 am

I think anybody who says this is better than a good year is crazy. It was a good season but as evidenced the past 2 weeks, should have been better.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:36 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:28 am
Well as the owner of the board you just insinuated that I was calling myself a better fan than others --- that is a falsehood and you have the resources to verify that - Do it ---
Except, I didn't. I said it smacks of some of those old threads. That is my opinion based on 20+ years of being associated with this site. I don't have to verify anything.

Me being the moderator means I don't get to have an opinion? That's an interesting take.

I'm not trying to silence your opinion. I could do that easily enough if I wanted to, but that would defeat the purpose of a message board. I'm just disagreeing with the tone of the thread.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:37 am

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:01 am

I think almost every App fan was pretty frustrated at times this season. My recollection is that there were only a very few who actually had the tone of "giving up" on the season, although there were certainly comments being made about "if we go 6-6" and so on. I also recall that a few of those super negative "defeatist" type posts came from (not surprisingly) BRAND NEW accounts, which have been (again not surprisingly) very silent for the past three games.

I don't blame anyone for being frustrated. I certainly was because I knew this team was capable of playing so much better than we were seeing. The ULM loss cost us an outright championship, but LOTS of good teams had unexpected losses this year (Ohio State lost to Iowa, Oklahoma lost to Iowa St). Ohio State's loss kept them out of the playoffs. It happens. I'm proud of the way this team bounced back and claimed their share of the conference championship.

Let's go beat Toledo in Mobile! GO APPS! IT'S GREAT TO BE A MOUNTAINEER!!!

GreatAppSt

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:11 am

Hey WV and 89 ...Get a room already!

Sheesh. :P

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:29 am

Bottom line: considering all the injuries in the middle of our season; I am very pleased with our continued success, another Bowl and SB championship (even if shared), a very entertaining team that never quit and was never blown out, a great group of Seniors that did us all proud for 4 years and finally the best fans in the conference. At least we're not dealing with what Louisiana or Georgia Southern are going through. Go APPS! Beat the MAC champs Toledo!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:56 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:01 am
I think almost every App fan was pretty frustrated at times this season. My recollection is that there were only a very few who actually had the tone of "giving up" on the season, although there were certainly comments being made about "if we go 6-6" and so on. I also recall that a few of those super negative "defeatist" type posts came from (not surprisingly) BRAND NEW accounts, which have been (again not surprisingly) very silent for the past three games.

I don't blame anyone for being frustrated. I certainly was because I knew this team was capable of playing so much better than we were seeing. The ULM loss cost us an outright championship, but LOTS of good teams had unexpected losses this year (Ohio State lost to Iowa, Oklahoma lost to Iowa St). Ohio State's loss kept them out of the playoffs. It happens. I'm proud of the way this team bounced back and claimed their share of the conference championship.

Let's go beat Toledo in Mobile! GO APPS! IT'S GREAT TO BE A MOUNTAINEER!!!
Yes - you are correct with this post - and if you remember I did do a thread around mid-season that was titled - If we knew then what we know now??? - which spoke to adjusting expectations with the mounting injuries, etc. ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”