Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Oh Ye - Of So Little Faith-Part 2 - Consolation Prize

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Re: Oh Ye - Of So Little Faith-Part 2 - Consolation Prize

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:17 pm

MtnMan09 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:49 am
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:28 am
What's the point of this thread?
'09, I am not sure Ive ever actually eye rolled at a thread on here before until running up on this. :roll:
I guess you check in about once a week and then only read 2 or 3 posts. Heck, I eye roll most every day, and usually at something I posted myself. :D and I guess :roll: also.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:23 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:08 pm
WVAPPer, you've always been a classy member of this board, I don't see the point in standing over someone and saying "I was right, you were wrong, na na na boo boo". We do that to Southern fans, not to our own. This is the message board thread of "YOU SUCK A**HOLES" at kickoff.
Also, unlike the part about people saying we wouldn't win out or whatever (I skipped that original thread), this isn't a case of anyone being wrong. It's just a matter of different perspectives on the relative importance of conference titles vs. other goals. No real "I told you so" to be had.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:26 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
WVAPPer, you've always been a classy member of this board, I don't see the point in standing over someone and saying "I was right, you were wrong, na na na boo boo". We do that to Southern fans, not to our own. This is the message board thread of "YOU SUCK A**HOLES" at kickoff.
thanks --- one simple reason and I relayed this to Moose and 78 during the year when they continually asked me if I had lost my mind engaging with some people on this board - I told them, same as I am typing this to you and any others who read it --- I felt it was my "duty" to continue to point out all the positives and to keep the eye on the obtainable, legitimate goal of winning the SunBelt - As Moose has pointed out 1000+ times, people read this board and I didn't want all the negativity to overwhelm the positives (and I was not alone with positive posts) . Then I told Moose and 78 that when it came to fruition I was coming on here to "Say I told you so" and all the negative guys could ......................... (fill in the blank) and then I'm done!!!

And to APPARJ - you are correct and thanks for pointing that out because in all my years on here I did not demean any current player - not even with a generic statement that xxx should be replaced by yyy or zzz ---

Adios ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

APPARJ

Unread post by APPARJ » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:38 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:26 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
thanks --- one simple reason and I relayed this to Moose and 78 during the year when they continually asked me if I had lost my mind engaging with some people on this board - I told them, same as I am typing this to you and any others who read it --- I felt it was my "duty" to continue to point out all the positives and to keep the eye on the obtainable, legitimate goal of winning the SunBelt - As Moose has pointed out 1000+ times, people read this board and I didn't want all the negativity to overwhelm the positives (and I was not alone with positive posts) . Then I told Moose and 78 that when it came to fruition I was coming on here to "Say I told you so" and all the negative guys could ......................... (fill in the blank) and then I'm done!!!

And to APPARJ - you are correct and thanks for pointing that out because in all my years on here I did not demean any current player - not even with a generic statement that xxx should be replaced by yyy or zzz ---

Adios ---
Right. You simply stated that Kam should 100% be the starting QB over Taylor which turned out to be objectively wrong... you know, similar to how those that said our season was over and that we were a bad team this year were also wrong. Those that live in glass houses etc...
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:24 pm

APPARJ wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:38 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:

Adios ---
Right. You simply stated that Kam should 100% be the starting QB over Taylor which turned out to be objectively wrong... you know, similar to how those that said our season was over and that we were a bad team this year were also wrong. Those that live in glass houses etc...
That statement was made after we lost to Michigan. Taylor led a19 play, garbage time drive, against a vanilla defense that had backed off of their early game press coverage. It was also a drive where Taylor was bailed out on a third down throw deep in our own territory that was behind the receiver who made a nice adjustment on the ball. He made that statement after that game but also said that the coaches see more than we do and if he were truly better at that time then he would have started that game and if he showed in the weeks that followed that he was better then he should start. If you are going to remember it, remember it all.

APPARJ

Unread post by APPARJ » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:57 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:24 pm
APPARJ wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:

Adios ---
That statement was made after we lost to Michigan. Taylor led a19 play, garbage time drive, against a vanilla defense that had backed off of their early game press coverage. It was also a drive where Taylor was bailed out on a third down throw deep in our own territory that was behind the receiver who made a nice adjustment on the ball. He made that statement after that game but also said that the coaches see more than we do and if he were truly better at that time then he would have started that game and if he showed in the weeks that followed that he was better then he should start. If you are going to remember it, remember it all.
...and even with the full context many people saw TL’s strengths far outweigh KB’s and WV was very wrong.
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:53 pm

APPARJ wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:57 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
APPARJ wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:

Adios ---
...and even with the full context many people saw TL’s strengths far outweigh KB’s and WV was very wrong.
Only time proved that to be the case. He was always a modicum of reasonableness in the chaos that ensued after every loss. TL has been a winner for us and still there has always been a call for JP to play because he had a stronger arm. If fact, in that moment, he was 100% right that Kam should have been the QB. His reasoning being that he had earned the job out of a month long camp battle and he should not lose it because we lost to a superior team. Had he lost a game that was very winnable against inferior talent then sure, but it wasn’t. I get that some feel that he crossed a line with the title of this thread. But perception is reality and if you feel that he was rubbing your nose in your over reaction of despair for a lost season or that he was wanting someone to pat him on the back for predicting that we would win our last three games and claim a share of the title, then so be it. Or another way to look at is that he was just pointing it out to say that the coaches had this all along and that faith in them and the players had been rewarded. Either way, he wasn’t trying to stir up the pot, rather he was just trying to have faith in those that controlled the situation.

You are entitled to your opinion. I am a believer that man is responsible for two things. 1) how they feel about something, and 2) how they react to the situation. In my opinion, you reacted poorly with your attacks on his character.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:09 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:52 am
WVAPPeer wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:20 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:26 pm
WVappeer is the best App State fan ever! I only hope this small tip of the cap is enough. He's the only one who believed in the football team this year and if you don't believe that, just ask him. He'll gladly tell you.
If this is truly a compliment, then thank you - if not, let me be the first to acknowledge your unwavering support of our great QB Taylor Lamb ---

Taylor Lamb had a great final game and a great career. But I will firmly stand by what I’ve always said, he was great against the teams we were better than. He was never great when the lights shined the brightest. I think he got the most out of his ability and I am happy he had a successful career at App. Pointing that out doesn’t make me “anti-Lamb”.
I would agree with this with the exception of the bowl games. He played great in those games and was truly the deciding factor in those games.
I hope he continues to shine in bowl games and gets a lot of help and support from his teammates and captures a decisive victory in 18 days.

APPARJ

Unread post by APPARJ » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:26 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:53 pm
APPARJ wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:57 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
APPARJ wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:

Adios ---
Only time proved that to be the case. He was always a modicum of reasonableness in the chaos that ensued after every loss. TL has been a winner for us and still there has always been a call for JP to play because he had a stronger arm. If fact, in that moment, he was 100% right that Kam should have been the QB. His reasoning being that he had earned the job out of a month long camp battle and he should not lose it because we lost to a superior team. Had he lost a game that was very winnable against inferior talent then sure, but it wasn’t. I get that some feel that he crossed a line with the title of this thread. But perception is reality and if you feel that he was rubbing your nose in your over reaction of despair for a lost season or that he was wanting someone to pat him on the back for predicting that we would win our last three games and claim a share of the title, then so be it. Or another way to look at is that he was just pointing it out to say that the coaches had this all along and that faith in them and the players had been rewarded. Either way, he wasn’t trying to stir up the pot, rather he was just trying to have faith in those that controlled the situation.

You are entitled to your opinion. I am a believer that man is responsible for two things. 1) how they feel about something, and 2) how they react to the situation. In my opinion, you reacted poorly with your attacks on his character.
Say HUH?!?!? I’ve never doubted this was a good team all year.

Also, it wasn’t a roll of the dice that the guy people observed to be better than KB turned out to be way, way better.

And no disrespect to JP but the only people calling for him to play over TL were MMB Armchair QBs that didnt know what they were talking about.
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:51 pm

You are 100% correct about the armchair QBs that didn’t know what they were talking about. And those are people that he was trying to educate and provide a perspective that was more in line with the reasons for the performance. But the problem still remains that those people either still think that they are right, or know that they were wrong and would rather attack him for boasting than admitting they were wrong. Like I said, you are only responsible for how you react and you attacked his character by insinuating that he was calling people a$$H0le$.

Additionally, I’m not looking to call you out on your stance on this current teams performance. But the point on Lamb again was not his potential at the time but that there wasn’t enough in the body of work available to the general public at the time to play armchair QB and make him the starter. He approached each of these debates as someone that had coached the game and could provide insight to what the coaches were seeing. We can keep this up all night, but the bottom line isn’t that TL proved the Kam camp wrong, but that you called him out for being something that he isn’t.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:52 am

I could not sign off without one more clarification - For those on this board who can distinguish the difference between a poster supporting "the player" the coaches have chosen to put on the field until "said player" is replaced by the coaches and then supporting both the next guy up and never deride the guy who was replaced --- as compared to --- negative comments about individual players, coaches or the team in general then I salute you as a true, knowledgeable football fan - And for those you can't ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:18 pm

I don't think it was unreasonable to conclude this team was bad when we lost to ULM and UMass. That said, teams can obviously improve or decline as a season goes on and I'm pleased with the way the seasoned turned out all things considered. I don't regret nor retract any conclusion I made over the past few months, as it was a fair and accurate snapshot of how we were playing at the time.

I'll never understand why a certain handful of App Fans relish "I told you so's" so much that they continuously make digs at people the MMB and on Twitter for weeks. It's a weird ego thing. You're not a better fan because you're eternally optimistic, especially when the evidence suggests you're just being a homer. And if you were talking about how good we were the week after the UMass loss, you were just being a homer. Hindsight gives you no moral high ground. In fact, if we were all so relentlessly sunny in our fan disposition we'd have no accountability at all and we'd be to susceptible to a UNCC athletics-like situation of high tenure and low results.

We were worse, now we're better. It's fine. Let's enjoy it together rather than beat a dead horse.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:33 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:18 pm
I don't think it was unreasonable to conclude this team was bad when we lost to ULM and UMass. That said, teams can obviously improve or decline as a season goes on and I'm pleased with the way the seasoned turned out all things considered. I don't regret nor retract any conclusion I made over the past few months, as it was a fair and accurate snapshot of how we were playing at the time.

I'll never understand why a certain handful of App Fans relish "I told you so's" so much that they continuously make digs at people the MMB and on Twitter for weeks. It's a weird ego thing. You're not a better fan because you're eternally optimistic, especially when the evidence suggests you're just being a homer. And if you were talking about how good we were the week after the UMass loss, you were just being a homer. Hindsight gives you no moral high ground. In fact, if we were all so relentlessly sunny in our fan disposition we'd have no accountability at all and we'd be to susceptible to a UNCC athletics-like situation of high tenure and low results.

We were worse, now we're better. It's fine. Let's enjoy it together rather than beat a dead horse.
So we go from worse to better because we lose to teams that are perceived to be bad and better because we beat teams that are just as bad, if not worse than the bad team we lost to? Coaches will tell you that they have a different team each week and can tell you whether or not they think they can win a game because they know better than anyone what they have in personnel and if they can prepare them, to have a realistic chance to win 6 out of 10 times. The coaches knew that’s we had the personel and schem to beat Michigan. They didn’t have the same feeling for LSU the next year. We are not three points worse than UMass and we aren’t 49 points better than Louisiana. Outcomes aren’t determined by talent alone. It takes motivation, preparation, conditioning, and execution. None of which can be tangibly measured. No one on here claims to be a better fan than anyone else based on their outlook. But some people, myself included look past the scoreboard and ask the question “Why?’ several times to look to identify the root cause as to why the outcome was what it was. There are others that get stuck on the transitive property, which doesn’t work, and find the sky to be falling when it doesn’t work out. There isn’t anything wrong with wanting us to be 12-0 and have every game won by halftime, but it is an unrealistic and unattainable goal 99.9% of the time. Not because we suck, but it’s not realsitic.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:39 am

Im pretty glad I havent been following this thread..............

MtnMan09

Unread post by MtnMan09 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:56 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:39 am
Im pretty glad I havent been following this thread..............
The virtue signaling has been strong on this one.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”