Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

ASU Hangout Bar

wncapp78
School: Appalachian State

ASU Hangout Bar

Unread post by wncapp78 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:42 am

Please see the comments below, and consider contacting Athletics and suggesting The Alchemy Bar for our Hangout. I've been there, cool place. My professional business contacts in Mobile also suggested The Alchemy. And MobileBama on this Board also suggested it, from a list of several possible establishments. I think Athletics is considering a location that several Mobile locals have said isn't a good location.

wncapp78 wrote: ↑December 6th, 2017, 8:22 pm
MobileBama—from these places, any thoughts about the best App hangout? We need to pick one: Loda Bier Garden, Hero's, The Bicycle Shop, Alchemy Tavern, Haberdashers, Blind Mule, Merry Widow, TP Crockmeirs.
Thoughts??
Alchemy Tavern - space, location (right in middle of downtown), craft beer.

Oklahoma State had their meet up here when they played South Alabama. Easy walk to/from hotels and you can easily bar hop from here

diehardapp18

Re: ASU Hangout Bar

Unread post by diehardapp18 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:56 am

wncapp78 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:42 am
Please see the comments below, and consider contacting Athletics and suggesting The Alchemy Bar for our Hangout. I've been there, cool place. My professional business contacts in Mobile also suggested The Alchemy. And MobileBama on this Board also suggested it, from a list of several possible establishments. I think Athletics is considering a location that several Mobile locals have said isn't a good location.

MobileBama—from these places, any thoughts about the best App hangout? We need to pick one: Loda Bier Garden, Hero's, The Bicycle Shop, Alchemy Tavern, Haberdashers, Blind Mule, Merry Widow, TP Crockmeirs.
Thoughts??

Oklahoma State had their meet up here when they played South Alabama. Easy walk to/from hotels and you can easily bar hop from here
How can I go about doing this?

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:04 am

wncapp78 wrote:

Thoughts??

I'll second Alchemy...haven't been there but have heard good things, and looking forward to checking it out. Hopefully, Athletics will get the message and make the necessary arrangements.

MobileBama
School: Alabama

Unread post by MobileBama » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:38 am

I have no personal affiliations with any bars or restaurants. I'm 37 y/o born and raised in Mobile graduated from Alabama in '03 so not too far removed from the downtown nightlife. Alchemy checks off all boxes for a "meet up" bar. Spacious, awesome craft beer, centrally located, outdoor patio, upstairs band room, pool tables in back room, nice employees, televisions, etc. etc. I've always enjoyed this bar and think you will too. Nothing against the other bars but they're all small and some are further down Dauphin Street away from hotels.

The parade runs about two blocks from Alchemy so you can pregame then make the easy walk to the parade. And if you don't like it for some reason, there's about 10 bars within a few blocks.

Again, feel free to ask me any questions!

wncapp78

Unread post by wncapp78 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:59 pm

diehardapp18 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:56 am
wncapp78 wrote:

Thoughts??

How can I go about doing this?

Gillindp@appstate.edu
Shookdj@appstate.edu
Tracybd@appstate.edu
Setzerpk@appstate.edu

App74

Unread post by App74 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:14 pm

I propose naming the Alchemy Tavern as the official Yosef Cabin Hangout Bar. :D

wncapp78

Unread post by wncapp78 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:38 pm

My Mobile pals know their homework on this subject and they really like Alchemy. And they didn’t like TP Crockmeirs, a location under consideration.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”