Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Yosef Club gripe

Goapps15
School: Appalachian State

Re: Yosef Club gripe

Unread post by Goapps15 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:16 pm

And if you don't have success I can reach out to people as well. Go Apps. Sorry to hear about your experience.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:07 pm

GOAPPS37 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:56 am
I appreciate the fact that we have a devoted supporter in Daphne, but it is not right for someone like her who I presume is not paid by ASU to force the issue so a paid staff member replies to a donor's inquiry. It's simple. Come to the office, check emails, reply to emails, then go on with the rest of your day.
Let me assure you that my work at App is strictly on a volunteer basis. In fact, one could argue that I pay for the opportunity to volunteer since I donate to several areas at App. I've served on the Yosef Club Advisory Board for 10 years straight. I'll leave it to you to decide if I'm extremely dedicated or just plain crazy.

Here's what I know. Your Yosef Club points should be based on previously published standards. While there are changes in the works to make Yosef points easier to understand / calculate / track, there should not be any changes to how your points are calculated yet. It was my understanding that previously earned points would not be impacted by any new system, though that may change. The one thing no one wants to have happen is for longtime donors to get the short end of the stick in any way. Any changes will be communicated thoroughly prior to implementation.

The Yosef office was working this week to be sure donations, pledges, and points for 2017 are complete in anticipation of season ticket renewals starting this month. I can tell you that they've had "issues" and have received some very direct feedback from me on the subject. In my case, my 2017 pledge was mysteriously increased by $375 then decreased by $435, and some other donations were duplicated without reducing the pledge to which they were attached. It should be noted that I give on a monthly basis rather than all at once to be able to give more than I could if I had to write one check.

I wish I could tell you that the issues with pledges, donations, and points have been resolved. I know they haven't been in my case yet. The two people to stay after at Yosef are Alan Daniel and Virginia Falck. If they do not respond in a timely manner, I recommend an additional email with the first one attached and Brian Tracy included.

Finally, you are absolutely correct that ALL donors are vital to the long term health of the Yosef Club. I'm as grateful for the $50 donor who gives year after year as I am for the $1,000,000 donors. Thank you for being Yosef!

I wish you luck in your quest.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:13 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:00 am
GOAPPS37 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:56 am

You are correct and I agree with your proper business etiquette assessment. Just wanted to let you know Daphne is more than willing to help. She must have slept in today. She usually has a sensor that tells her when Yosef Club is mentioned on here.
Yep ... slept in until 5:30 and was meeting with a client just after 7:00 ... I've got to quit being so lazy. :lol:

#GiveYosef

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:37 pm

Speaking of...is University Drive numbered parking? Or is it first come first serve? I noticed the donation level is $750, which if I'm not mistaken is higher than years past? Isn't this where they used to park the Young Alumni?

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:35 pm

canes_mj wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:37 pm
Speaking of...is University Drive numbered parking? Or is it first come first serve? I noticed the donation level is $750, which if I'm not mistaken is higher than years past? Isn't this where they used to park the Young Alumni?
University Drive is numbered and has been for young alumni. Remember, young alumni donations are doubled for points and University Drive parking, so $375 should qualify if you're within 5 years of graduation. At least, that's the old system ...

Brian Tracy has mentioned on several occasions that he would prefer higher donation requirements for, in particular, the stadium lot; however, there must be sufficient demand to make that work. For example, just saying the stadium lot requires a $5,000 donation does not translate into the entire current population of the stadium lot making $5,000 donations to stay where they are.

I can't wait to see what fun changes we see in the months ahead.

#GiveYosef

wncapp78

Unread post by wncapp78 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:16 pm

I sent an email to a person in the Athletic Dept early in the football season, no reply. I won't name the individual ( but not DG).
I sent an email about the upcoming bowl game to DG and Brian Tracy. Both took time to reply. I agree with the original poster. In public service, it is inappropriate not to reply.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”