Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Yosef Club gripe

GOAPPS37
School: Appalachian State

Yosef Club gripe

Unread post by GOAPPS37 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:12 am

Here is my beef with the Yosef Club staff. In any business, you cannot pick and choose the emails that you will reply as it relates to your customers (aka YC donors). On several occasions, I have sent an email asking for a simple reply, but sadly the YC staff must deem my question as insignificant not to warrant a reply. This disappoints me terribly and leaves a bad taste in my mouth especially if they try to ask something of me meaning like more money down the road. I don't care if you donate $50 a year or $10,000 a year. If a customer takes the time to email a simple question for clarification like I have done on more than one occasion, then it is imperative for the YC to respond.....plain and simple. This lack of courtesy would not be acceptable in any business. I don't care if you receive a 100 emails a day. You should at least reply within a 24 hour period no matter if your answer is not what the customer wants to hear or not. That is just good business. I bet if I put "Large Donation" in the subject line, I would receive a reply in minutes. I expect better from our YC.

Appstate10

Re: Yosef Club gripe

Unread post by Appstate10 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:35 am

I usually call if I have a question or something and have always gotten great service. I called with some questions about the new bag policy at the beginning of the year and the one I spoke with wasn't sure if the answer, so they told me they'd call back. I had a call back within the next 2 hours probably.

I'm sorry email isn't working out for you

GOAPPS37

Unread post by GOAPPS37 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:47 am

I chose email because I felt it was easier and more efficient for them to reply. The two times I have emailed Doug Gillin, as busy as he must be, he always replied promptly. Please know that I rarely email Yosef Club at all. I just had a simple question and needed to be directed to the appropriate individual for an answer.....that was it. That was four days ago.

MDaniels84

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:14 am

If your question is not too private, you could always post it on here. I'll bet that Daphne or some other Yosef club person could probably answer what you are asking. Just a thought.

GOAPPS37

Unread post by GOAPPS37 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:24 am

I recently have been checking my point value to see if it reflected my recent purchase of two basketball season tickets. Because I was checking it daily, I knew my total point number. Then one day, I see where my point value decreased by 4.5. I emailed this individual to ask for the appropriate person to discuss this issue and why my points had decreased.

appaneer1984

Unread post by appaneer1984 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:52 am

They are currently restructuring the point system with Yosef Club and should have the kinks ironed out sometime in the early new year. Can't go into specifics, but the system will change for the better and will encourage season ticket holders to continue with their season tickets and not pick and choose which season to do tickets based on OOC schools coming up the mountain.
I just come for what peace I can find | The spirit ever lingers in a song | And the mountain's gonna sing this song for me |Rock me off to sleep

Appstate10

Unread post by Appstate10 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:17 am

GOAPPS37 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:47 am
I chose email because I felt it was easier and more efficient for them to reply. The two times I have emailed Doug Gillin, as busy as he must be, he always replied promptly. Please know that I rarely email Yosef Club at all. I just had a simple question and needed to be directed to the appropriate individual for an answer.....that was it. That was four days ago.
Did you e-mail him directly or did you use the asktheAD email. I've emailed the asktheAD one and don't think I ever received a response for that. Just curious....

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:27 am

I would make sure you are e-mailing someone specific in the Yosef Club office. I have always received a prompt, if not immediate, response.

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:27 am

I would make sure you are e-mailing someone specific in the Yosef Club office. I have always received a prompt, if not immediate, response.

GOAPPS37

Unread post by GOAPPS37 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:40 am

Emailed directly to the individual. This is the second time in a month that I have received no reply for two separate questions. When I owned my own sales company, I would come to the office early to answer all emails received from the previous day. It was just part of my daily routine and I made my staff do the same thing. It's not that hard and it shows your customers you care.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:41 am

Appstate10 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:17 am
GOAPPS37 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:47 am
Did you e-mail him directly or did you use the asktheAD email. I've emailed the asktheAD one and don't think I ever received a response for that. Just curious....
Was likely his direct email. The time I emailed DG, I searched for him in the directory on appstate.edu. He replied in no time, and was very detailed with his response.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:43 am

GOAPPS37 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:40 am
Emailed directly to the individual. This is the second time in a month that I have received no reply for two separate questions. When I owned my own sales company, I would come to the office early to answer all emails received from the previous day. It was just part of my daily routine and I made my staff do the same thing. It's not that hard and it shows your customers you care.
Hit up Daphne. She is very close to the YC and can make sure that even your communication concerns are addressed by the right person.

GOAPPS37

Unread post by GOAPPS37 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:51 am

Yes, I emailed directly to the person. My brother emailed directly to this person two months ago and again, no reply. As I have said before, if the answer is not what we want to hear, this should not be the reason for no reply. Customers simply want to hear back. All I needed was direction to the appropriate person.

GOAPPS37

Unread post by GOAPPS37 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:56 am

I appreciate the fact that we have a devoted supporter in Daphne, but it is not right for someone like her who I presume is not paid by ASU to force the issue so a paid staff member replies to a donor's inquiry. It's simple. Come to the office, check emails, reply to emails, then go on with the rest of your day.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:00 am

GOAPPS37 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:56 am
I appreciate the fact that we have a devoted supporter in Daphne, but it is not right for someone like her who I presume is not paid by ASU to force the issue so a paid staff member replies to a donor's inquiry. It's simple. Come to the office, check emails, reply to emails, then go on with the rest of your day.
You are correct and I agree with your proper business etiquette assessment. Just wanted to let you know Daphne is more than willing to help. She must have slept in today. She usually has a sensor that tells her when Yosef Club is mentioned on here.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:50 am

Have you tried to contact a different person at the YC? I have always used email to contact them and never had a problem getting a response.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:27 am

I understand your frustration but I would just call the office. Maybe that person is not receiving your email, who knows.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:15 am

I have emailed in the past with mixed results as well. Always get better service with a phone call. Once I was emailing someone who was no longer with YC.

dp42828

Unread post by dp42828 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:44 am

GoApps37, I'll shoot you a PM, I'm on the Advisory Board with Daphne. She must be out enjoying all this snow today :)

I'll help you get a response, I'm wondering if something is broken down in the system...you're right, I hold off on emailing one of my customers for 4 days, they're not going to be happy...
Last edited by dp42828 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
David
2004 Marketing & Management Grad

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:50 am

Derek?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”