Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Dollar General comments: ASU vs Toledo

Snwbrdro

Re: Dollar General comments: ASU vs Toledo

Unread post by Snwbrdro » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:23 pm

Get on the charter bus! Best $100 you will spend! If interested, see topic and let me know. Currently around 35 spots reserved.

Bnewcomb@daviecontruction.com

APPdiesel
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by APPdiesel » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:45 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:56 pm
Move one to Charlotte!!!!
If we need a place to play it I hear UNCC has a stadium that goes widely unused during bowl season.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

appaneer1984

Unread post by appaneer1984 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:35 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Belk Bowl is in Charlotte
I just come for what peace I can find | The spirit ever lingers in a song | And the mountain's gonna sing this song for me |Rock me off to sleep

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:09 am

The articles bitches about location a lot and a backhanded complaint about opponent. He then says MAC bowl tie ins are bad but acknowledges MAC bowl performance is awful recently and for past decade not to say how bad MAC attendance is.

He wants MAC to get a premium location against a P5 but without any justification of why ESPN would think that makes wise business sense.

A lot of ranting without any justifiable reason for his world getting any better.

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:15 am

AtlAppMan wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:09 am
The articles bitches about location a lot and a backhanded complaint about opponent. He then says MAC bowl tie ins are bad but acknowledges MAC bowl performance is awful recently and for past decade not to say how bad MAC attendance is.

He wants MAC to get a premium location against a P5 but without any justification of why ESPN would think that makes wise business sense.

A lot of ranting without any justifiable reason for his world getting any better.
That pretty much sums up my take too.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:23 am

GoBoone wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:58 pm
When are these thick skulled Toledo people gonna understand that App State was not the number 2 team in the Sunbelt. Keeps coming up again and again. I hope we blast em off the planet on the 23rd. Sad thing is that it still won't shut their whining up. Not a Rocket fan.......I think they're getting to me.
He said we were the second pick, which is accurate. New Orleans picked Troy first.

I'll be honest and admit I hadn't read the article when I first commented. I finally gave in and read it now. Honestly don't have a problem with it. It doesn't really make sense for both Alabama bowls to have MAC tie-ins anyway.

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:24 am

The issue is there are very few bowls in their footprint. Another issue for the MAC is there fans do not travel. Why would they be attractive then? Sounds like butthurt northerners.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:29 pm

Goapps15 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:24 am
The issue is there are very few bowls in their footprint. Another issue for the MAC is there fans do not travel. Why would they be attractive then? Sounds like butthurt northerners.
My guess is they would find Detroit a more accessible bowl. Many of our folks will pass on Mobile because of the date and the distance. Most, if not all, MAC have even further to travel. I think some of our fans are taking exception to their concerns/complaints because we are their opponent. I think that may be a small factor but overall I think, like us to a degree, they are frustrated with their limited options.

toledorocketman
School: Toledo

Unread post by toledorocketman » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:52 pm

Some of my fellow Rocket fans are off base. They should not complain about the bowl or bowl opponent considering last years result. The MAC is a very poor league and their recent bowl history is proof so just being MAC champ doesn't prove anything.

As someone said on one of these forums: "If you want to be a Boise State, you have to win like Boise State". If Toledo and the MAC want greater respect, they first must go out and earn it.

This Rocket fan is elated by this year's bowl re-match. It is on in prime time and the Rockets have a chance for redemption. I don't see how any Rocket fan could ask for anything more.

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:24 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
I was just thinking the other day that Boone/App should orgainze either a Bowl or one of those Thanksgiving weekend basketball tournaments. The High Country Christmas Tree Classic/Bowl.

HeffnerIV

Unread post by HeffnerIV » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:49 pm

AppfaninCAALand wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:24 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
I was just thinking the other day that Boone/App should orgainze either a Bowl or one of those Thanksgiving weekend basketball tournaments. The High Country Christmas Tree Classic/Bowl.
I always thought this would be great. I’ve been told it’s an issue of limited hotel rooms. That was a few years back though

Jimrunsfar

Unread post by Jimrunsfar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:22 am

toledorocketman wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:52 pm
Some of my fellow Rocket fans are off base. They should not complain about the bowl or bowl opponent considering last years result. The MAC is a very poor league and their recent bowl history is proof so just being MAC champ doesn't prove anything.

As someone said on one of these forums: "If you want to be a Boise State, you have to win like Boise State". If Toledo and the MAC want greater respect, they first must go out and earn it.

This Rocket fan is elated by this year's bowl re-match. It is on in prime time and the Rockets have a chance for redemption. I don't see how any Rocket fan could ask for anything more.
Agree completely; I'm not sure what universe most of our fans are living in.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:50 am

Jimrunsfar wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:22 am
toledorocketman wrote:

Every fan base can be that way, including App. App's history is a bit different in that we were forced out of IA/FBS along with the SoCon while the MAC schools had the chance to stay IA. This is still new to us, but 71 years old for some of the MAC schools. I am sure that changes each fan bases perspective a little at least.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

sylrocketfan

Unread post by sylrocketfan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:08 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:50 am
Jimrunsfar wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:22 am
toledorocketman wrote:

Every fan base can be that way, including App. App's history is a bit different in that we were forced out of IA/FBS along with the SoCon while the MAC schools had the chance to stay IA. This is still new to us, but 71 years old for some of the MAC schools. I am sure that changes each fan bases perspective a little at least.
I think that this is spot on. The article and the whole mindset of Toledo's fan base has nothing to do with a disrespect for App State. I have nothing but admiration for what App has been able to do and view them as a talented G5 opponent. This has far more to do with the fact that we have been playing at FBS/1A/whatever you want to call it for a much longer time and we have seen the same bowl games year in and year out going back the last twenty years.

I think the thought is that it would be nice to see something different than the same bowl game we go to every other year against an opponent we just played. Note it doesn't help that we have had to whoop Arkansas State's ass 3 or 4 out of the last 5 years so it's just a little tired.

All that being said, Mobile is a great town, it's a great timeslot and it's two fantastic G5 squads. I look forward to us sending you home a little more disappointed this time around ;)

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:23 pm

No way to unwind the clock but I wonder how App would have made out had the forced move to I-AA for the SoCon/Southland/OVC?/Ivy had not occured. (Did I miss a conference?) Of if the MAC had been forced to move as well which would have made I-AA much better.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

MDaniels84

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:24 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:45 am
Rekdiver wrote:
If we need a place to play it I hear UNCC has a stadium that goes widely unused during bowl season.
bazinga-the-big-bang-theory-33926500-600-600.jpg

wncapp78

Unread post by wncapp78 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:42 pm

We'll see on the 23rd just how well our fan base travels. I'm there, any day and anyplace, but traveling on Christmas Eve is a big headache for anyone. It's excellent National TV exposure, and Mobile is great---but for most fan bases the 23rd is not a good date and it will be reflected in attendance. I'll be greatly excited if we have 3000 fans there in a stadium that seats 30,000+.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:26 pm

wncapp78 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:42 pm
We'll see on the 23rd just how well our fan base travels. I'm there, any day and anyplace, but traveling on Christmas Eve is a big headache for anyone. It's excellent National TV exposure, and Mobile is great---but for most fan bases the 23rd is not a good date and it will be reflected in attendance. I'll be greatly excited if we have 3000 fans there in a stadium that seats 30,000+.
Me and my daughter are driving up and over from Florida.

Snwbrdro

Unread post by Snwbrdro » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:25 pm

Bus of 45-50 of the most dihards will be there if we can get 15 more people! Keep spreading the word!

mikeyosef

Unread post by mikeyosef » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:41 am

I was really worried we would somehow end up back in Montgomery so I'm very happy with the Dollar General. While I'd rather see a new opponent the game last year was a good match up and I'm sure this one will be no different. I expect the Rockets will be looking for revenge so App will need to really bring it to pull off another win. As others have said the date is not ideal but I would be there except for one thing. My daughter who hasn't been home for more than 18 months will be with us for a week starting the 21st. My wife has no interest in going to the game and so I can't take the whole family. No way I'm missing time with my oldest for any reason so we'll be watching the game together here in our living room.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”