Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Game

AppState89
School: Appalachian State

Re: Game

Unread post by AppState89 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:28 am

Stopping their run was #1 for our D Saturday night. We did that. We talked with Woody Saturday morning and they were worried about the RB. It all worked out just fine. Merry Christmas to us App State fans.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:38 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:57 am
Toledo wasn’t flat or uninspired. They were totally and completely dominated by a superior team with too many weapons.
I agree. Toledo was not prepared for the ol' fashioned butt whuppin' we administered.

I cannot remember the last time we beat a team like that. WCU perhaps, VMI ?, The Citadel? It's been a while.

The biggest problem they had was on their OL and DL. They were probably competitive at the skill positions. But, since they could not control the line of scrimmage they could do little. They had big fat boys and we had athletes.

Our small DEs teed off on their big guys at tackle. We just went around them. Stout kept the center and two guards busy all night. We were rushing 3 and getting pressure, and then our blitzes came from everywhere and never from the same place. And our DBs kept the receivers smothered all night.

Then, there was our OL. Wow! After about that first play from scrimmage, the wife & I could have sashayed through the holes created. Moore did great, and so did Williams.

Just a great performance! One for the ages. Glad I was there. Great football from a great team.

And, I have to mention the lack of penalties and composure of our guys was an important factor. Discipline is more important than is obvious. Also, thanks to Toledo for the unwarranted trash talking that went on during the first half. Motivation can come from many sources. I understand that our guys even talked about that trash talking during halftime and came out determined to win the 2nd half just like they won the first half. They did.

GREAT JOB! It's GREAT to be a Mountaineer. And, thanks to the Marching Mountaineers for making Ladd Peebles more like Kidd Brewer South!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:10 pm

HighPointApp wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:09 pm
SalemApp wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:10 pm
Could this game have been thrown?
Dumbest post on this board. Ever.
Glad to hear that said because normally I'm the one who is said to make the dumbest posts. :D
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:16 pm

AppAlum1 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:38 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
Toledo wasn’t flat or uninspired. They were totally and completely dominated by a superior team with too many weapons.
I agree. Toledo was not prepared for the ol' fashioned butt whuppin' we administered.

I cannot remember the last time we beat a team like that. WCU perhaps, VMI ?, The Citadel? It's been a while.

The biggest problem they had was on their OL and DL. They were probably competitive at the skill positions. But, since they could not control the line of scrimmage they could do little. They had big fat boys and we had athletes.

Our small DEs teed off on their big guys at tackle. We just went around them. Stout kept the center and two guards busy all night. We were rushing 3 and getting pressure, and then our blitzes came from everywhere and never from the same place. And our DBs kept the receivers smothered all night.

Then, there was our OL. Wow! After about that first play from scrimmage, the wife & I could have sashayed through the holes created. Moore did great, and so did Williams.

Just a great performance! One for the ages. Glad I was there. Great football from a great team.

And, I have to mention the lack of penalties and composure of our guys was an important factor. Discipline is more important than is obvious. Also, thanks to Toledo for the unwarranted trash talking that went on during the first half. Motivation can come from many sources. I understand that our guys even talked about that trash talking during halftime and came out determined to win the 2nd half just like they won the first half. They did.

GREAT JOB! It's GREAT to be a Mountaineer. And, thanks to the Marching Mountaineers for making Ladd Peebles more like Kidd Brewer South!
I agree. I also thought the team was more disciplined than usual.

Appftw

Unread post by Appftw » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:18 pm

This beatdown reminded me of the ODU games from the two seasons before this. They were just completely unprepared for our defense. We embarrassed them because they thought they came from a “better” conference.

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:11 pm

Proud to be a Mountaineer. Merry Christmas to all. Now, let's go beat Penn State.

kiddbrewer

Unread post by kiddbrewer » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:00 pm

AppAlum1 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:38 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
Best guess, ODU 4 years ago. But definitely was a very impressive win against a team that is much better than ODU.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:21 pm

We've smacked down a bunch of lesser or somewhat equal teams, but this team was not that, and the spread reflected the fact that we were facing a "better" team. Toledo was completely, and I mean completely, dominated and demoralized by the Mountaineers. Even our fans had to be stunned by the performance.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”