Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App Best G5 Team?

EastHallApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: App Best G5 Team?

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:40 pm

Look, our transition has been a spectacular success, beyond my greatest hopes and I trust most of yours. I agree with the earlier poster who said we’re a top 10 G5 program, which is tremendously impressive for where we are (not only as a transitional program but a Sun Belt member).

To make a serious claim as the top G5 program, we need to do things like:

- Beat P5s
- Beat some of the better teams from the AAC/Mountain West
- Make the top 25
- Make the NY6

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:55 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:40 pm
Look, our transition has been a spectacular success, beyond my greatest hopes and I trust most of yours. I agree with the earlier poster who said we’re a top 10 G5 program, which is tremendously impressive for where we are (not only as a transitional program but a Sun Belt member).

To make a serious claim as the top G5 program, we need to do things like:

- Beat P5s
- Beat some of the better teams from the AAC/Mountain West
- Make the top 25
- Make the NY6
Legitimate expectations to achieve these goals:

Beat P5s - 1 every 2-4 years
Beat some of the better teams from the AAC/Mountain West - every season as scheduling/bowls allow
Make the top 25 - once every 5 years
Make the NY6 - by 2023 (that'll be 10 years in FBS)
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:25 pm

CVAPP wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:14 pm
hotrod2001 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:02 pm
appfanz wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:12 am
Listening to Andy Staples and Tom Luginbill on the college sports station on XM Sunday and they were very complimentary of our program and the transition we made. Even said we could be the “Eadt Coast Boise State”. I like that reference.
I really wish we would have knocked off Tennessee or Wake Forest...I'm starting to get tired about everyone talking about the Michigan win a decade ago and not any of our other accomplishments we've done since then....at least they pronounce the name right now, so I guess there's that, lol.
Beating the Vols would have been an upset, but not a huge one. IMO, Wake upset us.
Yeah but its a couple of big name scalps on the wall. Would help make the Michigan win not look like a fluke. Personally I chalk it up to commentators knowing zero about the school and that's their token go-to whenever they have to start talking about App.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:57 pm

hotrod2001 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:25 pm
CVAPP wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:14 pm
hotrod2001 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:02 pm
appfanz wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:12 am
Listening to Andy Staples and Tom Luginbill on the college sports station on XM Sunday and they were very complimentary of our program and the transition we made. Even said we could be the “Eadt Coast Boise State”. I like that reference.
I really wish we would have knocked off Tennessee or Wake Forest...I'm starting to get tired about everyone talking about the Michigan win a decade ago and not any of our other accomplishments we've done since then....at least they pronounce the name right now, so I guess there's that, lol.
Beating the Vols would have been an upset, but not a huge one. IMO, Wake upset us.
Yeah but its a couple of big name scalps on the wall. Would help make the Michigan win not look like a fluke. Personally I chalk it up to commentators knowing zero about the school and that's their token go-to whenever they have to start talking about App.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”