• Birthdays

SoMiss vs FSU

CoachRob
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:27 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 13 times

SoMiss vs FSU

Unread post by CoachRob » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:37 pm

Future opponent in SoMiss playing in their bowl game today. No little about them but feel it'll be a big game when they come to Boone next year. A win vs them and UNCC next year will give us bragging rights over CUSA.



User avatar
moonshine
Posts: 1388
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:25 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: High Country
Has thanked: 176 times
Been thanked: 325 times

Re: SoMiss vs FSU

Unread post by moonshine » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:12 pm

I really wish we could’ve beaten them a couple years back. The kicking game cost the team the W. That’s 3 solid wins (USM, UTk & WF) this program could have hung their hat on if not for missed FG’s.


Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

CVAPP
Posts: 1012
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:45 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Catawba Valley
Has thanked: 492 times
Been thanked: 198 times

Re: SoMiss vs FSU

Unread post by CVAPP » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:08 pm

This one is slipping away from So Miss at 23-6.



CoachRob
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:27 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: SoMiss vs FSU

Unread post by CoachRob » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:30 pm

23-6 at half. So Miss hasn't looked impressive but they are just out class. Only player standing out is RB Ito Smith. Good thing he's a senior cause he'd be a load to handle. So Miss does have a mobile QB in Griggs who will be back next year, those have always given us fits.



Goapps15
Posts: 1064
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:52 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 432 times
Been thanked: 213 times

Re: SoMiss vs FSU

Unread post by Goapps15 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:16 pm

Ito was there when APP played them back in 14.



CoachRob
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:27 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: SoMiss vs FSU

Unread post by CoachRob » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:10 pm

42-13 Final.
SoMiss didn't look impressive minus the RB that's graduating. They have a plethora of Athletes and will be a good game next year. If we can find a suitable replacement at QB, no reason we can't be 3=1 out of conference and competing for the SunBelt Champ again.



AppSt94
Posts: 2254
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Palmetto, FL
Has thanked: 355 times
Been thanked: 352 times

Re: SoMiss vs FSU

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:37 pm

CoachRob wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:10 pm
42-13 Final.
SoMiss didn't look impressive minus the RB that's graduating. They have a plethora of Athletes and will be a good game next year. If we can find a suitable replacement at QB, no reason we can't be 3=1 out of conference and competing for the SunBelt Champ again.
And replace the right side of the O-line, our best pass rushers, our tackling machine, our best defender in space and we should be good to go.



User avatar
AppGrad78
Posts: 3774
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:33 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Born: Waynesville, NC; Resides: Greensboro, NC
Has thanked: 1006 times
Been thanked: 422 times

Re: SoMiss vs FSU

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:02 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:37 pm
CoachRob wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:10 pm
42-13 Final.
SoMiss didn't look impressive minus the RB that's graduating. They have a plethora of Athletes and will be a good game next year. If we can find a suitable replacement at QB, no reason we can't be 3=1 out of conference and competing for the SunBelt Champ again.
And replace the right side of the O-line, our best pass rushers, our tackling machine, our best defender in space and we should be good to go.
...and our top two ... maybe top three ... defensive coaches. Heck, I don't see why we can't go undefeated.



EastHallApp
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:34 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Raleigh
Has thanked: 1582 times
Been thanked: 1312 times

Re: SoMiss vs FSU

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:07 pm

AppGrad78 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:02 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:37 pm
CoachRob wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:10 pm
42-13 Final.
SoMiss didn't look impressive minus the RB that's graduating. They have a plethora of Athletes and will be a good game next year. If we can find a suitable replacement at QB, no reason we can't be 3=1 out of conference and competing for the SunBelt Champ again.
And replace the right side of the O-line, our best pass rushers, our tackling machine, our best defender in space and we should be good to go.
...and our top two ... maybe top three ... defensive coaches. Heck, I don't see why we can't go undefeated.
You know you've got a rebuild at hand when replacing your #1 receiver doesn't even warrant a mention.



Longrifle28
Posts: 472
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:59 am
Has thanked: 236 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Re: SoMiss vs FSU

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:21 pm

Lots of missing pieces and/or pieces to replace to get too far ahead of ourselves. I am lowering my expectations just a hair.



Rick83
Posts: 714
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:00 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 380 times
Been thanked: 271 times

Re: SoMiss vs FSU

Unread post by Rick83 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:31 pm

I don't know, if we hold onto Satterfield I feel like we're going to be competitive even with losing Woody and Sloan. The biggest question marks are QB1 and the O-line. With the running backs we have, along with the receiving corps, the new QB will have a lot of help and have a chance to develop assuming the O-line can come together quickly. It seemed like we did a lot of rotations on defense so those guys have seen some significant playing time. Special teams should be improved starting with game 1, as compared to the first half of this season.
Just a feeling...and yes I lean towards optimism. Already looking forward to next season...how many days is it?!?



EastHallApp
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:34 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Raleigh
Has thanked: 1582 times
Been thanked: 1312 times

Re: SoMiss vs FSU

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:35 pm

I do think we'll have a chance to be pretty good again. Even if we aren't quite as good as we have been, with the SBC schedule plus Charlotte and Gardner-Webb there are plenty of games that should be winnable. Just a lot more unknowns than we've had the last few offseasons.



AppSt94
Posts: 2254
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Palmetto, FL
Has thanked: 355 times
Been thanked: 352 times

Re: SoMiss vs FSU

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:21 pm

Rick83 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:31 pm
I don't know, if we hold onto Satterfield I feel like we're going to be competitive even with losing Woody and Sloan. The biggest question marks are QB1 and the O-line. With the running backs we have, along with the receiving corps, the new QB will have a lot of help and have a chance to develop assuming the O-line can come together quickly. It seemed like we did a lot of rotations on defense so those guys have seen some significant playing time. Special teams should be improved starting with game 1, as compared to the first half of this season.
Just a feeling...and yes I lean towards optimism. Already looking forward to next season...how many days is it?!?
I agree with all of this. We have the pieces in place to win a lot of games. Now will the fan base be OK with how we win those games will be the question. We have 2/3 of the OL back, three if not four good RBs and a load of posession receivers that sets up for a ball control, move the chains, and grind the clock down, limiting the opposing teams possessions type of team. I would be surprised if we have the same dominance that we had over the last 4 games. Aside from the games with obvious talent disparities, we may not see many double digit victory margins.



NewApp
Posts: 3375
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:59 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 263 times
Been thanked: 209 times

Re: SoMiss vs FSU

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:30 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:37 pm
CoachRob wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:10 pm
42-13 Final.
SoMiss didn't look impressive minus the RB that's graduating. They have a plethora of Athletes and will be a good game next year. If we can find a suitable replacement at QB, no reason we can't be 3=1 out of conference and competing for the SunBelt Champ again.
And replace the right side of the O-line, our best pass rushers, our tackling machine, our best defender in space and we should be good to go.
Good point, but a big if.



Yosef84
Posts: 1194
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:27 am
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 351 times

Re: SoMiss vs FSU

Unread post by Yosef84 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:29 am

I was trying to figure how we have 2/3 of the OL returning, but I guess he's including the TEs. I think that's a little misleading in that we do have to replace two of our starting big men with much less experienced players. I think we've had a couple of good recruiting years but that is my single biggest concern. Yes, even bigger than QB. I think we have some quality options at QB and whereas there is certainly a question there, I think one of these guys (or possibly more than one) is going to step up. Those unsung big men are the key to our offense though. I actually wouldn't mind seeing those seniors being replaced with a rotation of young guys so that we have more depth. I hope we are able to do that. On D we have successfully rotated players already and it has paid dividends in consistency through injury and graduation. Hopefully that remains true for next year since we're losing a lot of talent.

Yes, we're losing a great WR and we hate to see him go, but we have a full cupboard of WRs with more talent joining the mix next year. I think we're stacked at both WR and RB



ASU3432Mi
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:43 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 441 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: SoMiss vs FSU

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:12 pm

Didn't we have a highly touted WR transfer in and won't be eligible until next season?



GoBoone
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:13 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: SoMiss vs FSU

Unread post by GoBoone » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:35 pm

ASU3432Mi wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:12 pm
Didn't we have a highly touted WR transfer in and won't be eligible until next season?
Corey Sutton from K State.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online
  • In total there are 156 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 150 guests

    Most users ever online was 1049 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:01 am

    Users browsing this forum: App1982, AppDawg, Apps03, eggers76, JMappfan5, NO.2 and 150 guests