• Birthdays
    • WXAPP (54)

Looking ahead to Happy Valley

AppSt94
Posts: 2254
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Palmetto, FL
Has thanked: 355 times
Been thanked: 352 times

Re: Looking ahead to Happy Valley

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:22 pm

They are replacing 8 Senior starters on Def.



User avatar
T-Dog
Posts: 4665
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:35 pm
Location: Boone, NC
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 732 times

Re: Looking ahead to Happy Valley

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:30 pm

shortfatoldapp wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:08 pm
I thought Mcsorley was a senior?!?
I got confused too. PSU lists academic year and then athletic year. His academic class is a senior, but athletically, he's a junior.

He's going to be a problem. Can find receivers and can tuck and run.



AppSt94
Posts: 2254
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Palmetto, FL
Has thanked: 355 times
Been thanked: 352 times

Re: Looking ahead to Happy Valley

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:58 pm

They are replacing their entire secondary. The bright side is their corners don’t appear to have a siz and strength advantage on our wideouts.



User avatar
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09
Posts: 1499
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 2:05 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Stephens City, VA
Has thanked: 246 times
Been thanked: 483 times

Re: Looking ahead to Happy Valley

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:22 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:58 pm
They are replacing their entire secondary. The bright side is their corners don’t appear to have a siz and strength advantage on our wideouts.
Who is going to throw to our wide outs though? First game start in front of 100k plus, is a huge task for anyone. I doubt we see much of anything down field that would allow a size advantage. This will probably be a game where we pound it on the ground as we do primarily anyways. Depending on how even things are after camp you could even see this game treated as a starter audition.



AppSt94
Posts: 2254
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Palmetto, FL
Has thanked: 355 times
Been thanked: 352 times

Re: Looking ahead to Happy Valley

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:15 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:22 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:58 pm
They are replacing their entire secondary. The bright side is their corners don’t appear to have a siz and strength advantage on our wideouts.
Who is going to throw to our wide outs though? First game start in front of 100k plus, is a huge task for anyone. I doubt we see much of anything down field that would allow a size advantage. This will probably be a game where we pound it on the ground as we do primarily anyways. Depending on how even things are after camp you could even see this game treated as a starter audition.
While I agree with you in that we will be a run oriented offense, the matchup on the outside is important due to the coverage that we will likely see. Typically, the P5 DBs have had a size and strength advantage. This allowed them to play press coverage. This took away the short timing routes and forced us to go down field. Unfortunately, we wouldn’t have time to go down field due to the pass rush. Hennigan, Virgil, and Sutton are all bigger than their DBs and should be able to get off the jams and get open for some slants and double moves. I wish that we could run it every play, but we still need to be able to pass. We may see three QBs play that Saturday.



User avatar
ASUGrad2014
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:36 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Hickory, NC
Has thanked: 101 times
Been thanked: 96 times
Contact:

Re: Looking ahead to Happy Valley

Unread post by ASUGrad2014 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:30 pm

Only 244 more days! Was not going to go because I thought it was to far away; turns out it is not any further than Mobile. Can’t wait to make the trip!


Image

User avatar
AppNation85
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:05 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Looking ahead to Happy Valley

Unread post by AppNation85 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:22 am

The 2 G5 games they played:
PSU 52, Akron 0
PSU 56, Georgia State 0

They lose a lot but so do we. We’ll be good to keep it close I think.


Image

JMappfan5
Posts: 701
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:31 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: Looking ahead to Happy Valley

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:57 am

AppNation85 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:22 am
The 2 G5 games they played:
PSU 52, Akron 0
PSU 56, Georgia State 0

They lose a lot but so do we. We’ll be good to keep it close I think.
I just hope we can be competitive. Lot's of holes to fill but hopefully, we are at the stage of re-loading! I will be there...GO APPS!!!



Cincy App
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:38 pm
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Looking ahead to Happy Valley

Unread post by Cincy App » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:07 pm

Saquon Barkley has announced that he will skip his senior year and enter the NFL Draft. Good news!



huskie3
Posts: 3388
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2000 9:57 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Gaston County
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 141 times

Re: Looking ahead to Happy Valley

Unread post by huskie3 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:19 pm

Cincy App wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:07 pm
Saquon Barkley has announced that he will skip his senior year and enter the NFL Draft. Good news!
Hope he takes QB and some of those big linemen with him.


Bring Your A Game!

yikas1
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:34 pm
School: Appalachian State
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Looking ahead to Happy Valley

Unread post by yikas1 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:51 am

I will take playing a big team from the Big Ten than playing a top notched SEC. Always a bit slower in the Big Ten. More worried about speed than size. UGa's speed killed us.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online
  • In total there are 124 users online :: 1 registered, 2 hidden and 121 guests

    Most users ever online was 1049 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:01 am

    Users browsing this forum: McLeansvilleAppFan and 121 guests