Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Tennessee all sec wr kicked off team

ggasu

Tennessee all sec wr kicked off team

Unread post by ggasu » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:47 pm

If he wants to play this year, we could go from wr being a question mark to have a sec all american and fastest man in college football in a two week period.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/aug ... ation-tea/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Appmom3186

Re: Tennessee all sec wr kicked off team

Unread post by Appmom3186 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:36 pm

I realize that my opinion on this subject will not matter in the least and I am sure the powers that be will make their decisions without contacting any of us... but...

WHY would you want to borrow trouble? We've had enough of our own without wanting a player that obviously has some issues...
Don't get me wrong... I love to win. I want ASU to win the National Championship again... I would love to win every single game... but it isn't worth winning to get players who already have issues...

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:17 pm

Im not in favor for blacklisting players, for example, If approached by Honey Badger, I probably wouldnt have said no, being that I know what he did, and Im not at all behind the anti-maryjane movement...

But...

Im beginning to get concerned with the holding out the hand tendency everytime some heisman candidate or sec leader or joe schmo gets kicked of a BCS team. Here, AGS, wherever these threads pop up.

I think taking guys like Sumler is where its at, not some high profile pre NFL prima donna. For the first time in a few years, I can say Im completely confident in the coaching staff's judgement.

hapapp
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:18 pm

I don't think we will go looking for someone who was kicked off another team. With the difficulties our own program has faced in the last year, it would seem to me to be a foolish move.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:30 pm

Moore has an unwritten rule to not take in players that left other programs without a clean release. This isn't going to happen.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:16 am

I think that Coach Moore's practice of NOT accepting transfers who are not eligible to return to their former team is a good one. Perhaps there are exceptions, but generally these guys bring tons of baggage and IMO they damage the chemistry of our team. An SEC team does not release one of these players without a serious issue, so I see it as just borrowing trouble. Yes, they might be physically talented players, but they come with known problems and we just don't need that.

I have no interest in becoming the halfway house for BCS rejects.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:21 am

OK...I should have read the article before posting. I still think signing this kid would be borrowing trouble, but from the article it doesn't appear that he is ineligible to return to TN. He was suspended (not dismissed) from the team, and Coach Dooley "doesn't expect him to return" which implies that he has a choice, or a possibility but is not expected to make that choice. Whatever it was, it was serious enough to effectively end his playing years at TN.

I think our questions at WR will be answered very shortly, but I feel good after FanFest.

85gradinATL

Unread post by 85gradinATL » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:17 pm

He will play at Tennessee Tech this year. I was worried he was going to wind up at UTC. He's from a town not far from Chattanooga. We don't want him, but I don't really want to play against him either. One of the reasons Georgia Southern had such a down period was when they hired Brian Van Gorder as coach and took all these guys that had gotten kicked out of Florida and Auburn and Georgia. Great athletes, but trouble. Those guys were unreliable and didn't wind up playing very well if they even lasted that long and the lack of classroom skills cost them scholarships because their APR was so low.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:36 pm

85gradinATL wrote:He will play at Tennessee Tech this year. I was worried he was going to wind up at UTC. He's from a town not far from Chattanooga. We don't want him, but I don't really want to play against him either. One of the reasons Georgia Southern had such a down period was when they hired Brian Van Gorder as coach and took all these guys that had gotten kicked out of Florida and Auburn and Georgia. Great athletes, but trouble. Those guys were unreliable and didn't wind up playing very well if they even lasted that long and the lack of classroom skills cost them scholarships because their APR was so low.
thought the exact same thing - glad he's not at chatty :mrgreen:
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Cincy App

Unread post by Cincy App » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:58 pm

As a Knoxville resident, I can say that we definitely do not want Rogers in Boone. It takes ALOT for a football player to be dismissed from UT. With that being said, I share others sentiments that I'm glad he is not at Chatt either.

SpeedkingATL
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:14 am

85gradinATL wrote:He will play at Tennessee Tech this year. I was worried he was going to wind up at UTC. He's from a town not far from Chattanooga. We don't want him, but I don't really want to play against him either. One of the reasons Georgia Southern had such a down period was when they hired Brian Van Gorder as coach and took all these guys that had gotten kicked out of Florida and Auburn and Georgia. Great athletes, but trouble. Those guys were unreliable and didn't wind up playing very well if they even lasted that long and the lack of classroom skills cost them scholarships because their APR was so low.
+1

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”