Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Scheduling anything with NC State looks unlikely. NC State blows.....

bcoach
School: Appalachian State

Re: Scheduling anything with NC State looks unlikely. NC State blows.....

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:08 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:24 am
NO.2 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:27 am
HighlandsApp wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:08 pm
My oldest three are all at AppState, which of course is also my alma mater, but my youngest wants to be an engineer. He has been accepted at AppState (which I hate to say may be last on his list), the engineering school at Charlotte and he will hear from State on the 29th. So I was hopeful for a home and home or a Home and Home and payday game series like we have arranged with UNCCH. Oh well, I will hope for a local series may Duke will schedule us a home and Home.
One of my best friends went to the engineering school at Charlotte. He got a great education and has a great job in the field but he regrets spending his college years there over other places he got into, including State and Clemson.
Thanks for that. My youngest just received an email this morning that he is accepted at State. If he isn't going to be a Mountaineer like his three siblings and dad, I was really hoping for a rivalry game with his choice of school....
I used to hire engineers. If they were state grads it was almost a lock.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:44 pm

bcoach wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:08 pm
HighlandsApp wrote:
NO.2 wrote:
HighlandsApp wrote:
My oldest three are all at AppState, which of course is also my alma mater, but my youngest wants to be an engineer. He has been accepted at AppState (which I hate to say may be last on his list), the engineering school at Charlotte and he will hear from State on the 29th. So I was hopeful for a home and home or a Home and Home and payday game series like we have arranged with UNCCH. Oh well, I will hope for a local series may Duke will schedule us a home and Home.
One of my best friends went to the engineering school at Charlotte. He got a great education and has a great job in the field but he regrets spending his college years there over other places he got into, including State and Clemson.
Thanks for that. My youngest just received an email this morning that he is accepted at State. If he isn't going to be a Mountaineer like his three siblings and dad, I was really hoping for a rivalry game with his choice of school....
Thanks for that bcoach. I suspect that State will be his choice. Only difference is that Charlotte already actually admitted him into the engineering program where at State he will have to apply later as a student. I am still a little bummed about him not having an undergrad degree from AppState. I have tried to get him to get undergrad in physics in Boone. I am proud of him and he will do well where ever he lands.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:00 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:44 pm
bcoach wrote:
HighlandsApp wrote:
NO.2 wrote:
HighlandsApp wrote:
Thanks for that bcoach. I suspect that State will be his choice. Only difference is that Charlotte already actually admitted him into the engineering program where at State he will have to apply later as a student. I am still a little bummed about him not having an undergrad degree from AppState. I have tried to get him to get undergrad in physics in Boone. I am proud of him and he will do well where ever he lands.
App Physics does have dual degree programs with a few engineering schools. Two years at App and then transfer. I think NCSU is an option. Degree from both schools.

I mentioned this to my daughter last year, and she decided on another school. In the end they need to be where they are happy and can be successful. Programs, school culture, scholarships...lots of variables.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:00 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
bcoach wrote:
HighlandsApp wrote:
NO.2 wrote:
HighlandsApp wrote:
App Physics does have dual degree programs with a few engineering schools. Two years at App and then transfer. I think NCSU is an option. Degree from both schools.

I mentioned this to my daughter last year, and she decided on another school. In the end they need to be where they are happy and can be successful. Programs, school culture, scholarships...lots of variables.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:33 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:00 pm
HighlandsApp wrote:
bcoach wrote:
HighlandsApp wrote:
NO.2 wrote:

Thanks. Yes, I have mentioned this several times. The dual degree with Clemson actually looks like the best program and he has friends from his high school at Clemson as it is only 45 minuets South. I suspect that he wants to branch out from his three AppState siblings. But he still says “we” when talking about AppState football.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:31 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:46 pm
Stonewall wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:38 pm
NewApp wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:59 pm
S.Lewis15 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:07 pm
NC State is perennially overrated. They don't have the name recognition of UNC, and they don't have rivalry history like ECU or Wake does. A game with them does nothing for me.
S. Lewis, what you posted has a lot of truth to it, but the sad thing is we've never beaten them in football, from 1932-2006. If my info and recollection are correct, we lost 31-0 in 1932, 17-14 in 1980 (on the controversial Brown to Beasley ref call), 33-7 in 1983, 56-0 in 1990, 35-10 in 1992, 23-10 in 2006. I was fortunate enough to see all of the games in person except the 1990 fiasco. Perhaps I have left out a year. If so, asu66 can fill us in. At any rate, we have lost all of them including two shut outs, but had one close game in the 1980 match up.
Perhaps they are over rated, but you can't tell it from the record.
How old are you ???
If he saw the 1st one at age 1 he's 85.....
Typo, Rek. Meant in modern times.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

ComebackShack

Unread post by ComebackShack » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:52 am

pbscotts

Unread post by pbscotts » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:09 pm

Doesn’t take much to receive acceptance letter from State.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:22 pm

pbscotts wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:09 pm

From working on a scholarship committee for my civic club, we have had several who were turned down by NC State yet got accepted by us. Thankfully they attended App.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:27 pm

pbscotts wrote:
silly comment

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:43 am

bcoach wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:27 pm
pbscotts wrote:
silly comment
Extremely.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:21 am

Engineering schools and admission standards aside, with respect to out of conference football scheduling, NC State is premiering a new mascot this fall:

[NSFW]
► Show Spoiler

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:34 am

ComebackShack wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:52 am
Every App vs State matchup

http://www.winsipedia.com/appalachian-s ... lina-state
I find it interesting that they count our pre FBS wins and conference championships, but don't give us credit for our 3 pre FBS National Championships.

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:52 am

Gonzo wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:21 am
Engineering schools and admission standards aside, with respect to out of conference football scheduling, NC State is premiering a new mascot this fall:

[NSFW]
► Show Spoiler
We'd win that matchup 10/10 times if we still had Cox on the roster.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:09 pm

NO.2 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:52 am
Gonzo wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:21 am

[NSFW]
► Show Spoiler
We'd win that matchup 10/10 times if we still had Cox on the roster.
Cox up the middle or try the reverse and they have to worry about something coming out of the backfield.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”