Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Mountaineers and the NFL Draft

MountaineerChemist10
School: Appalachian State

Re: Mountaineers and the NFL Draft

Unread post by MountaineerChemist10 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:28 am

ComebackShack wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:59 pm
Looking ahead a bit here, but I have two questions.

1) Will Clifton be the highest draft pick in App history (right now #1 would be Brian Quick with pick 33 or 34 I believe), the only thing holding him back is his measurables.

2) will he declare after this season?
1) I doubt it, all because of his physical characteristics (height & weight). But if he's able to shutdown Penn State this year and UNC in '19 then maybe. He did have a nice pick against Tennessee & in the Dollar General Bowl.

2) Hell no. Not after just two seasons. When you're playing in the Sun Belt, only way to be considered is by playing at least 4 years. I love him, but he's going to have to make some nice plays during the next 2 seasons.

Quick was different. He had the tangibles the NFL always wants (6'3", 220lbs, 4.50s 40-time). Duck doesn't. Duck might be drafted as a slot CB, but we'll see.

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:20 am

I hope they all get consideration. IMO, Gossett's stock went up considerably Saturday. He was arguably the best O lineman in the Senior Bowl.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:51 pm

Glad to see Boggs getting a little attention. I’m surprised he isn’t getting more with his level of play, especially these last 2 years. I feel like he could be like DJ Smith, if given the opportunity he will prove himself. Hope he gets that chance, because he is a winner with a high motor, and higher football IQ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”