• Birthdays

ECU Home Game Moved to 2023

appstfan
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:30 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: ECU Home Game Moved to 2023

Unread post by appstfan » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:28 pm

South Carolina has played at ECU!



Yosef10
Posts: 874
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:15 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 223 times

Re: ECU Home Game Moved to 2023

Unread post by Yosef10 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:50 pm

^they have played at ECU but i believe the last time was in the 90s long before they were a “G5”. They also had scheduled what i believe was a 2-2 series with ECU but have already bought out the 2019 game which hey we’re supposed to go to Greenville. I think they still have USC scheduled to come to Greenville in 2021 but I’d be very surprised if they don’t buy out that game as well.



User avatar
CheckYosef94
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:49 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: ECU Home Game Moved to 2023

Unread post by CheckYosef94 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:07 pm

TheMoody1 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:05 pm
Yosef wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:54 am
I had been hearing rumblings of a potential home and home with South Carolina but have not gotten any details about dates or any confirmation this is a done deal. By the looks of this ECU move, could be the home game in Boone is 2025.

Has SC ever played at a G5?
They played at UCF in 2013



User avatar
HighPointApp
Posts: 2720
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:15 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 134 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: ECU Home Game Moved to 2023

Unread post by HighPointApp » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:15 pm

It's HPU


Give 'em Hell!

HighlandsApp
Posts: 555
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:44 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: ECU Home Game Moved to 2023

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:31 pm




User avatar
Yosef
Site Admin
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:31 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: ECU Home Game Moved to 2023

Unread post by Yosef » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:54 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:31 pm
Well here we go.....

http://www.fbschedules.com/2018/02/mars ... ll-series/
This series involves both 2023 and 2025. We moved a game from 2025 to 2023. Either way ECU was playing Marshall and App State in the same year. I don't think this has anything to do with our ECU game being moved but that's just my opinion.



User avatar
APPdiesel
Posts: 709
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:53 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 210 times

Re: ECU Home Game Moved to 2023

Unread post by APPdiesel » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:18 pm

One of our show's cohosts is a Kentucky grad (who went to Ga Southern 1 semester and trasnferred -- smart man) and he REALLY wants them to schedule a H&H with us.

Stinks that we can't get the mid and lower level P5s to schedule us but I understand their hesitancy...they need to schedule probable G5 wins not possible G5 losses.



User avatar
TheMoody1
Posts: 6317
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:45 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Greenville, SC
Has thanked: 108 times
Been thanked: 191 times

Re: ECU Home Game Moved to 2023

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:18 pm

CheckYosef94 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:07 pm
TheMoody1 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:05 pm
Yosef wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:54 am
I had been hearing rumblings of a potential home and home with South Carolina but have not gotten any details about dates or any confirmation this is a done deal. By the looks of this ECU move, could be the home game in Boone is 2025.

Has SC ever played at a G5?
They played at UCF in 2013

But aren't ECU and USF P6? :lol: ;)



User avatar
firemoose
Posts: 6619
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:20 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Boone, NC
Has thanked: 608 times
Been thanked: 2782 times

Re: ECU Home Game Moved to 2023

Unread post by firemoose » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:52 am

Just a heads up. Hearing there is possibly an announcement coming later this morning. Not about this situation but another thing we've been working on. One off game. Still waiting word on what started all this. Hopefully that will be announced soon if it's going to happen.

Anyway we'll see later today what's said.



User avatar
NattyBumppo'sRevenge
Posts: 487
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:55 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 170 times
Been thanked: 145 times

Re: ECU Home Game Moved to 2023

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:21 am

firemoose wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:52 am
Just a heads up. Hearing there is possibly an announcement coming later this morning. Not about this situation but another thing we've been working on. One off game. Still waiting word on what started all this. Hopefully that will be announced soon if it's going to happen.

Anyway we'll see later today what's said.
Would you consider the news being announced today to be more or less exciting than the 2025 potential news that has yet to be confirmed?



User avatar
NO.2
Posts: 391
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:34 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: ECU Home Game Moved to 2023

Unread post by NO.2 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:31 am

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:21 am
firemoose wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:52 am
Just a heads up. Hearing there is possibly an announcement coming later this morning. Not about this situation but another thing we've been working on. One off game. Still waiting word on what started all this. Hopefully that will be announced soon if it's going to happen.

Anyway we'll see later today what's said.
Would you consider the news being announced today to be more or less exciting than the 2025 potential news that has yet to be confirmed?
I think it is the 2025 mustard bbq news.



User avatar
NattyBumppo'sRevenge
Posts: 487
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:55 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 170 times
Been thanked: 145 times

Re: ECU Home Game Moved to 2023

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:33 am

NO.2 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:31 am
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:21 am
firemoose wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:52 am
Just a heads up. Hearing there is possibly an announcement coming later this morning. Not about this situation but another thing we've been working on. One off game. Still waiting word on what started all this. Hopefully that will be announced soon if it's going to happen.

Anyway we'll see later today what's said.
Would you consider the news being announced today to be more or less exciting than the 2025 potential news that has yet to be confirmed?
I think it is the 2025 mustard bbq news.
so you are saying its SC?



User avatar
NO.2
Posts: 391
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:34 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: ECU Home Game Moved to 2023

Unread post by NO.2 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:37 am

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:33 am
NO.2 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:31 am
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:21 am
firemoose wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:52 am
Just a heads up. Hearing there is possibly an announcement coming later this morning. Not about this situation but another thing we've been working on. One off game. Still waiting word on what started all this. Hopefully that will be announced soon if it's going to happen.

Anyway we'll see later today what's said.
Would you consider the news being announced today to be more or less exciting than the 2025 potential news that has yet to be confirmed?
I think it is the 2025 mustard bbq news.
so you are saying its SC?
I don't know anything, I'm just jumping on the bandwagon :lol: I think it would be awesome.



ComebackShack
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:50 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Raleigh, NC
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 62 times

Re: ECU Home Game Moved to 2023

Unread post by ComebackShack » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:09 am

@ Texas A&M


Go App

User avatar
Yosef
Site Admin
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:31 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: ECU Home Game Moved to 2023

Unread post by Yosef » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:16 am

ComebackShack wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:09 am
@ Texas A&M
We didn't move a game in 2025 to 2023 to accommodate a one and done game at Texas A&M in 2022. More to come me thinks...



HighlandsApp
Posts: 555
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:44 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: ECU Home Game Moved to 2023

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:19 am

This is a nice get for Akron. Three game series are nice arrangements with good pay. Kentucky is paying Akron $250k for expenses for the home and Home game at Ky and then $1.3m for the third payday game. I don’t understand why so many think the three game arrangement is a negative.


The Akron Zips and the Kentucky Wildcats have scheduled a three-game football series for 2021, 2023, and 2024, FBSchedules.com has learned.

“A copy of the game contract was obtained from the University of Akron by FBSchedules.com via a state open records request.

The three-game series will be a two-for-one, with two games played in Lexington and one game played in Akron. Kentucky will host Akron at Kroger Field on Sept. 18, 2021 and then three seasons later on Aug. 31, 2024. The Wildcats will travel to face the Zips at InfoCision-Summa Field on Sept. 16, 2023.

Kentucky will pay Akron $1.3 million for the 2021 contest and $250,000 for the 2024 contest. The Zips will not pay the Wildcats anything for the 2023 contest in Akron, according to the contract.

The three-game contract includes a $1.5 million cancellation fee, unless the cancellation is mutually consented to.

Kentucky and Akron’s first and only meeting on the gridiron came back in 2010 in Lexington. The Wildcats won that game 47-10.”
Last edited by HighlandsApp on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.



ComebackShack
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:50 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Raleigh, NC
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 62 times

Re: ECU Home Game Moved to 2023

Unread post by ComebackShack » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:20 am

Yosef wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:16 am
ComebackShack wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:09 am
@ Texas A&M
We didn't move a game in 2025 to 2023 to accommodate a one and done game at Texas A&M in 2022. More to come me thinks...
I would think so as well, this is probably just one of the dominos to fall to secure other matchups me thinks


Go App

User avatar
NO.2
Posts: 391
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:34 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: ECU Home Game Moved to 2023

Unread post by NO.2 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:25 am

It's kind of like waiting for Christmas, except that when you open your present to see what it is you've got to wait 7 years to play with it.



ComebackShack
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:50 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Raleigh, NC
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 62 times

Re: ECU Home Game Moved to 2023

Unread post by ComebackShack » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:33 pm

Has a sunbelt team ever hosted an SEC, B1G, PAC12 or Big 12 team? I know for a fact ACC has scheduled away games with sunbelt teams.


Go App

AppinVA
Posts: 11016
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2000 9:41 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 850 times
Been thanked: 684 times

Re: ECU Home Game Moved to 2023

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:52 pm

ComebackShack wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:33 pm
Has a sunbelt team ever hosted an SEC, B1G, PAC12 or Big 12 team? I know for a fact ACC has scheduled away games with sunbelt teams.
stAte hosted Missouri in 2016.


"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online
  • In total there are 91 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 91 guests

    Most users ever online was 1049 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:01 am

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 91 guests