Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Harrington tears ACL

YesAppCan
School: Appalachian State

Harrington tears ACL

Unread post by YesAppCan » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:37 am

SpeedkingATL

Re: Harrington tears ACL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:03 am

Tough break for this young man, as he made great strides last year. Hopefully he will have a quick and successful recovery and see playing time this year! This does show the value of early spring practice as it adds recovery time in a case such as this.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:32 am

Hope its a quick and full recovery.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:24 am

He has a bright future , truly got off to a rough start , but not counting him out for the fall. With that said I had anticipated moving someone more or less lost on the depth chart to RB. Good move.

MDaniels84

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:33 am

I would not anticipate seeing him on the field this coming season unless he has a miraculous recovery. ACL's are quirky in that even when the doc has cleared you, your brain is still a few months behind where you are physically. I have seen a few guys come back very tentative and just not get back to form. I definitely think that he can get back but would definitely not rush the process.

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:49 pm

SpeedkingATL wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:03 am
Tough break for this young man, as he made great strides last year. Hopefully he will have a quick and successful recovery and see playing time this year! This does show the value of early spring practice as it adds recovery time in a case such as this.
The ACL is the bad news. The good news is it happened the first of February which gives him the rest of February 6 months to rehab with the sports medicine staff and athletic trainers. I will not be surprised if he's not suited up for Penn State, and most likely for the conference games.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:06 pm

MDaniels84 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:33 am
I would not anticipate seeing him on the field this coming season unless he has a miraculous recovery. ACL's are quirky in that even when the doc has cleared you, your brain is still a few months behind where you are physically. I have seen a few guys come back very tentative and just not get back to form. I definitely think that he can get back but would definitely not rush the process.
Good point about the "brain" - psychological impact on the individual.

TheMackAttack

Unread post by TheMackAttack » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:16 pm

scatman77 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:49 pm
SpeedkingATL wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:03 am
The ACL is the bad news. The good news is it happened the first of February which gives him the rest of February 6 months to rehab with the sports medicine staff and athletic trainers. I will not be surprised if he's not suited up for Penn State, and most likely for the conference games.

I’m not interested at all in rushing him back for this season. I’d rather the rehab be handled as slowly and safely as possible, let him take an extra 3-4 months to rebuild his strength and gain confidence in his knee and be ready for spring ball next year.

appbanker

Unread post by appbanker » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:21 pm

TheMackAttack wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:16 pm
I’m not interested at all in rushing him back for this season. I’d rather the rehab be handled as slowly and safely as possible, let him take an extra 3-4 months to rebuild his strength and gain confidence in his knee and be ready for spring ball next year.
Especially since he can still redshirt.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:50 pm

I would guess the hopes are to let him fully recover and red shirt next year, and have him 100% for after jalin Moore is gone. If the injury bug bites us at RB as hard as it did this last season, he may be called on if need be.

Off topic, but has anyone heard or seen anything about darrynton Evans? Wondering how his spring was after being out all last year and how the move to slot receiver was going. Wonder why he wasn’t an option at RB if we need an extra one

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:07 pm

The Rock wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:50 pm
I would guess the hopes are to let him fully recover and red shirt next year, and have him 100% for after jalin Moore is gone. If the injury bug bites us at RB as hard as it did this last season, he may be called on if need be.

Off topic, but has anyone heard or seen anything about darrynton Evans? Wondering how his spring was after being out all last year and how the move to slot receiver was going. Wonder why he wasn’t an option at RB if we need an extra one
My guess is they want him to hone his WR skills. He also was on the concussion protocol in the first couple of practices. I'm told Hicks was a good running QB in HS and that he might be a better option at this point rather taking Evans away from the receiving corps.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:48 pm

hapapp wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:07 pm
The Rock wrote:

My guess is they want him to hone his WR skills. He also was on the concussion protocol in the first couple of practices. I'm told Hicks was a good running QB in HS and that he might be a better option at this point rather taking Evans away from the receiving corps.
Happ is right and I also addressed this in the Spring Ball thread in the Lodge. Evans is an option and would be called on if needed but we want to try and keep him in the slot and give him as many reps as possible since he missed out his Fr year because of RB injuries (had to move back to RB then) and then last year didn't get work in. And from camp reports he is showing some great promise for someone still learning the position. Has had some great catches and been showing off his RB skills in open space. We are still looking at all options but the key is going to be getting out of spring and the offseason with any more major RB injuries.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:36 pm

firemoose wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:48 pm
hapapp wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:07 pm
The Rock wrote:

Happ is right and I also addressed this in the Spring Ball thread in the Lodge. Evans is an option and would be called on if needed but we want to try and keep him in the slot and give him as many reps as possible since he missed out his Fr year because of RB injuries (had to move back to RB then) and then last year didn't get work in. And from camp reports he is showing some great promise for someone still learning the position. Has had some great catches and been showing off his RB skills in open space. We are still looking at all options but the key is going to be getting out of spring and the offseason with any more major RB injuries.

Thanks to you both for the info. Sorry I missed it in the other thread. Evans sound like he could add an explosive element to our short passing game, which would be great and maybe open up deep passes. Hopefully we can be healthier at RB this year and let this plan come to fruition finally.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:04 pm

I’m watching the Dollar General Bowl replay right now. Harrington had an incredible game.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:04 pm

I believe he has a higher ceiling than Cox and Moore. Hope he heals and comes back stronger than ever. #19Beastmode!
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”