Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

unc-harrisburg football message board

MDaniels84
School: Appalachian State

unc-harrisburg football message board

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:50 pm

The only reason that I put this here instead of Other Schools Athletics is because it deals solely with App football... Here is a take on their message board right now.

Quote from: mojoniner on Today at 11:30:02 am
Quote from: Tintin on Today at 11:18:17 am
We won’t beat Middle, USM, Tennessee, or FAU.
We will most likely not beat Marshall, FIU or UAB.
We can compete with App (they might be better than us, but they aren’t that good), ODU, Umass, and WKU.
We will kill Fordham.
I can’t see us going much better than 2-10 without some stuff going right.

You really think we will compete with App?

Maybe not, but I don’t think they do much more than 5-7 against our schedule. They’re not as good as we’ve built them up.

I think that they are delusional. :lol:

ComebackShack

Re: unc-harrisburg football message board

Unread post by ComebackShack » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:57 pm

Ignore them. They are the FedEx child that will never live up to their HOF big brother QB.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:14 pm

That's funny! App by at least 30

yosef13

Unread post by yosef13 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:39 pm

Ignore. Seriously, these guys are beneath us. Not a dig, just the truth. They are the worst FBS program in the country. We've one three straight bowl games. They can say what they want, but the numbers don't lie. I hope Satterfield does not take his foot off the gas against them this fall.

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:45 pm

yosef13 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:39 pm
Ignore. Seriously, these guys are beneath us. Not a dig, just the truth. They are the worst FBS program in the country. We've one three straight bowl games. They can say what they want, but the numbers don't lie. I hope Satterfield does not take his foot off the gas against them this fall.
I don't think we ever take our foot of the gas pedal. We have players on the roster that don't get many opportunities. They may not be starters, but they are giving it their all.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:52 pm

UNCC will be good one day, they have had football handed to them on a platter with all the money Richardson and Co. put into the program and they will one day beat App in football, probably in a few short years. 2018, it could happen, but it certainly isn't likely.

In February every fan base over estimates their win total, including us.

yosef13

Unread post by yosef13 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:52 pm

CVAPP wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:45 pm
yosef13 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:39 pm
I don't think we ever take our foot of the gas pedal. We have players on the roster that don't get many opportunities. They may not be starters, but they are giving it their all.
Yeah I know. Just another way of saying win big. :roll:

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:56 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:52 pm
UNCC will be good one day, they have had football handed to them on a platter with all the money Richardson and Co. put into the program and they will one day beat App in football, probably in a few short years. 2018, it could happen, but it certainly isn't likely.

In February every fan base over estimates their win total, including us.
In today's perspective, an App loss would be among our school's worse losses ever. A Charlotte win would be their biggest to date.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:04 pm

Who? Oh Charlotte. Aren't they FCS?

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:49 pm

"App (they might be better than us, but they aren’t that good)"

In that case, they must really suck! And, by the way, they do!! LMAO

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:08 pm

I can't believe we have another thread about what a UNCC fan said on a message board...
YNWA

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:56 pm

Who would have thunk this 10 yrs ago
:lol: :lol: :lol:
KICK ASS!!!

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:16 pm

My feelings are hurt that an opponent of ours next season has one fan pulling for their team.

MDaniels84

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:53 pm

Hey, no big deal one way or the other. I just thought that it was interesting that they honestly think that they are on our level. Nuff said.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:09 am

I think we’d go 9-2 with their schedule (excluding App obviously). FAU and UT would be tough.

The fact that they’ve selected ASU as one of the more winnable games of the schedule, as extremely unlikely as that is, really indicates how doomed their 2018 season really is already.

I’m not even going to swat at the mosquito until it bites me.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:14 am

Just peeked at that thread and some guy says I drive a Nissan Centra. I drive a Silverado! Smack talk all you want, dear Niner fans, but I’m a Chevy man.

bh2oson

Unread post by bh2oson » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:50 am

Gonzo wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:14 am
Just peeked at that thread and some guy says I drive a Nissan Centra. I drive a Silverado! Smack talk all you want, dear Niner fans, but I’m a Chevy man.
That just reminded me of this SNL skit. :lol:
bh2oson aka Bill Waterson

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:29 am

MDaniels84 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:53 pm
Hey, no big deal one way or the other. I just thought that it was interesting that they honestly think that they are on our level. Nuff said.
Don't lose any sleep over it. ODU was saying the same things on their board.....,BEFORE we played them in 2015. If I recall, they got a big eye opening experience right there on their own field. Let them trash talk and then let our boys take care of business.

Here is the basic recap in a hometown newpaper prior to their trip to Boone in 2016. This is what needs to happen this fall in Charlotte to provide them with a little life learning experience.

Appalachian rolled into Foreman Field and crushed the Monarchs 49-0 on a rainy Saturday last September, delivering what was surely the low point of ODU’s first seven seasons of football.

The Monarchs lost 80-20 at North Carolina in 2013, but that team was injury-riddled and ODU had not yet made the transition to the Football Bowl Subdivision. It was in its second season in FBS a year ago.

The first team to shut out ODU at home, Appalachian led 35-0 at halftime, and coach Scott Satterfield tapped the brakes after that.

ODU coach Bobby Wilder began his news conference after that game by saying: “We’re embarrassed.”

MDaniels84

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:44 am

AtlAppMan wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:29 am
MDaniels84 wrote:
Don't lose any sleep over it. ODU was saying the same things on their board.....,BEFORE we played them in 2015. If I recall, they got a big eye opening experience right there on their own field. Let them trash talk and then let our boys take care of business.

Here is the basic recap in a hometown newpaper prior to their trip to Boone in 2016. This is what needs to happen this fall in Charlotte to provide them with a little life learning experience.

Appalachian rolled into Foreman Field and crushed the Monarchs 49-0 on a rainy Saturday last September, delivering what was surely the low point of ODU’s first seven seasons of football.

The Monarchs lost 80-20 at North Carolina in 2013, but that team was injury-riddled and ODU had not yet made the transition to the Football Bowl Subdivision. It was in its second season in FBS a year ago.

The first team to shut out ODU at home, Appalachian led 35-0 at halftime, and coach Scott Satterfield tapped the brakes after that.

ODU coach Bobby Wilder began his news conference after that game by saying: “We’re embarrassed.”
I remember that rainy Norfolk day fondly. Loved every minute of us just rolling them with line play on both sides of the ball. I really would like a repeat performance this coming September in Charlotte.

ASU84

Unread post by ASU84 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:46 pm

MDaniels84 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:44 am
AtlAppMan wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:29 am
MDaniels84 wrote:

I remember that rainy Norfolk day fondly. Loved every minute of us just rolling them with line play on both sides of the ball. I really would like a repeat performance this coming September in Charlotte.
Except for the rain. However, if we beat them as bad, I will take the rain that may come with it. I remember a game at WCU years ago when it rained sideways. My wife and I were standing the whole game. I was on the upwind side and caught almost all of the rain. She should have been thankful, but she was a UNCC grad. And now I couldn't care less. Bahahaha.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”