Trey Elder

appst1979
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:41 pm
School: Appalachian State
Been thanked: 4 times

Trey Elder

Unread post by appst1979 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:06 pm

Just saw where Trey Elder has been named the OC and quarterbacks coach at North Greenville University. He was the head coach at Woodruff(SC) High School. Congratulations to one of my all-time favorite Apps.



Yosef84
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:27 am
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 378 times

Re: Trey Elder

Unread post by Yosef84 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:57 pm

Glad to see Trey doing well. He was a class act while at App and I have no doubt he remains one.



Oldlknapp
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:34 pm
School: Appalachian State
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Trey Elder

Unread post by Oldlknapp » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:30 pm

Help me out here... I was at the last NC State game (L 23-10). He was QB, but didn't he get sick on the field? Didn't we bring in this freshman "Armanti" to take his place?



User avatar
TheMoody1
Posts: 6337
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:45 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Greenville, SC
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 201 times

Re: Trey Elder

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:02 pm

Oldlknapp wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:30 pm
Help me out here... I was at the last NC State game (L 23-10). He was QB, but didn't he get sick on the field? Didn't we bring in this freshman "Armanti" to take his place?
That is the way I remember it.



appfanz
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:32 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Re: Trey Elder

Unread post by appfanz » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:08 pm

TheMoody1 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:02 pm
Oldlknapp wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:30 pm
Help me out here... I was at the last NC State game (L 23-10). He was QB, but didn't he get sick on the field? Didn't we bring in this freshman "Armanti" to take his place?
That is the way I remember it.
If I remember correctly, Armanti came in for mop up duty. And yes, Trey threw up right in front of us while calling out the signals. Will never forget that!



ComebackShack
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:50 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Raleigh, NC
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Trey Elder

Unread post by ComebackShack » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:58 pm

NGU was where I transferred from after my freshman year to App, and my sisters also go there. Cool to see this connection! They have a really good DII football program, one of the best in the state.


Go App

User avatar
scatman77
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:38 am
Location: York, SC
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 263 times

Re: Trey Elder

Unread post by scatman77 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:18 am

I’m told his departure from Woodruff had to do with the superintendent. His cornbread isn’t done in the middle.


Appalachian American by birth; Mountaineer by the Grace of God!

appknowledgeispower
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:44 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Trey Elder

Unread post by appknowledgeispower » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:08 am

scatman77 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:18 am
I’m told his departure from Woodruff had to do with the superintendent. His cornbread isn’t done in the middle.
Care to elaborate more? That statement I have never heard before.



User avatar
scatman77
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:38 am
Location: York, SC
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 263 times

Re: Trey Elder

Unread post by scatman77 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:58 am

appknowledgeispower wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:08 am
scatman77 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:18 am
I’m told his departure from Woodruff had to do with the superintendent. His cornbread isn’t done in the middle.
Care to elaborate more? That statement I have never heard before.
PM me at: apps7782@icloud.com


Appalachian American by birth; Mountaineer by the Grace of God!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online