Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Here are the EMAILS Letters

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

Here are the EMAILS Letters

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:11 am

vegattk

Re: Here are the EMAILS Letters

Unread post by vegattk » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:14 am

(“Short of being able to guarantee a championship season, I’m not sure people, especially the ones that matter – will be satisfied,” Cobb wrote.)

That is a scary statement... I wonder WHO these people are? The big donors?? Hopefully our program isn't being run by Wealthy Yosef Club members...

Sheesh..
One game does not a postseason make.
More App Games > Less App Games

asumike83

Unread post by asumike83 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:21 am

With all the talk about these letters, it was really nothing earth-shattering. Cobb sent a memo to JM detailing why he thought it was time for him to step down, then sent a memo to Peacock saying that he would step down after the 2012 season.

It would have been much more interesting if we'd seen a response from JM but all in all, I hope this puts the issue to rest. No dirty laundry was aired and I don't believe either side comes out looking bad.

Time to announce a new HC and move on to the next chapter.

vegattk

Unread post by vegattk » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:27 am

Well.... I did learn two things...

#1: Cobb CAN communicate well.... He's a good communicator... now if we can get his timing down.

#2: Good Lord the man writes a lot!

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:35 am

It certainly appears that Cobb and Peacock are on the up and up and fortunately this doesn’t specifically address the Chris Moore issues in detail. Hopefully this will quiet everyone down and Jerry can move on without too much damage to his legacy. It appears Jerry was trying to force another year as coach through the media and Charlie’s reaction, while understandable and correct, was handled in a very, very poor fashion.

Time to move on and get back to being the Appalachian family again.

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:38 am

vegattk wrote:(“Short of being able to guarantee a championship season, I’m not sure people, especially the ones that matter – will be satisfied,” Cobb wrote.)

That is a scary statement... I wonder WHO these people are? The big donors?? Hopefully our program isn't being run by Wealthy Yosef Club members...

Sheesh..
I would guess "those people" were senior administrators that were tired of the sexual misconduct issues, Chris Moore issues, and other issues happening in the football program under Jerry and Cobbs watch.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:43 am

So everything Cobb and Peacock said to the media after the announcement was accurate. It's time for people to end the witch hunt and move forward. Charlie did everything he could to be respectful of Coach. Jerry shouldn't have tried to stir the pot, but luckily nothing more about Chris and other issues was released.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:45 am

vegattk wrote:(“Short of being able to guarantee a championship season, I’m not sure people, especially the ones that matter – will be satisfied,” Cobb wrote.)

Sheesh..
Could it be other senior administration folks? Could it be the BOT? I'm not sure...
Last edited by ASUMountaineer on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

ASU_MBA

Unread post by ASU_MBA » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:46 am

Cobb is not the evil man the Jerry clan thought....

Maybe now the Jerry clan will put their tail between their legs and move on.

Cobb did not lie. Jerry had a senior moment and forgot, or as my wife says "selective memory"

The story is over. Hopefully Jerry and Cobb share a moon pie or snickers bar and one day we thank the coach for what he did. Please Jerry don't become like Bowden and be a bitter ol' SOB that has nothing to do with the program he built.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:49 am

"Potential FBS transition

. As we discussed before the holidays, the conference realignment process has reached the point that it touches Appalachian. We should know this spring or summer what opportunities, if any, exist for us. This will make our future conference affiliation a known part of the decision-making process following the 2012 season and not speculative, as it would be in the next several weeks. I cannot stress the importance of knowing this direction in terms of creating the best available candidate pool. Also, potentially, the 2012 season will be the first of our 2-year transition period. If so, it is beneficial for this to begin with our existing situation instead of a new staff in terms of creating momentum during the transition years."

I wonder if 'we' means he and a few people on the mountain top, or is 'we' is supposed to be everybody. It's December and we're still waiting. We should be able to tell a lot about the inevitability of FBS with who ever ends up being named head coach.

In other news, (REDACTED) has such a big (REDACTED), he has to (REDACTED) his (REDACTED) every time he wants to (REDACTED) his (REDACTED).

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:53 am

Hrmmmm... I guess a few folks on here owe Cobb and Peacock an apology. As for those that say the timing was wrong, I bet that JM may have pushed the issue to the point where Cobb and Company had to move. I would suggest that folks not buy into sob stories. This truly shows how hardheaded JM was. At work I am always praising the guys and gals in my unit for their work. I have a few that are just the best of the best..... However, I have to remind them (and myself) that no one, AND I MEAN NO ONE, is bigger than the mission. I think JM lost sight of that in the past three years.

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:03 pm

ASUTodd wrote:Hrmmmm... I guess a few folks on here owe Cobb and Peacock an apology. As for those that say the timing was wrong, I bet that JM may have pushed the issue to the point where Cobb and Company had to move. I would suggest that folks not buy into sob stories. This truly shows how hardheaded JM was. At work I am always praising the guys and gals in my unit for their work. I have a few that are just the best of the best..... However, I have to remind them (and myself) that no one, AND I MEAN NO ONE, is bigger than the mission. I think JM lost sight of that in the past three years.
Those 1 post clowns will never show again. You cant tell asshats anything when theve got their hat pulled over their ears, and you cant reason with them when theyve got it pulled down to their neck and tied on tightly.

Anyways, hats off to Charlie Cobb!

He's a good man.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:12 pm

Just as I suspected. Jerry tried to play "dumb" and use pressure try to get one more year.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:16 pm

C'est finis!!!!!!!!!!!!

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:19 pm

TheMoody1 wrote:Just as I suspected. Jerry tried to play "dumb" and use pressure try to get one more year.
This.

How you can tell a newspaper you were blindsided after recieving that letter...

Thanks for dragging App through the mud JM. Cobb tries to save your rep, and you down his. Great way to go out.

vegattk

Unread post by vegattk » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:25 pm

TheMoody1 wrote:Just as I suspected. Jerry tried to play "dumb" and use pressure try to get one more year.
Coach Moore might not read emails.... ;)

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:39 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
This.

How you can tell a newspaper you were blindsided after recieving that letter...

Thanks for dragging App through the mud JM. Cobb tries to save your rep, and you down his. Great way to go out.
You guys are being to hard on Jerry. He did not drag us through the mud. He simply made it known he was not ready to go and felt blindsided. I am sure he was blindsided in Dec 2011 when he got the letter. If you read his words he was quoting directly from the letter "it is time". Also we don't know what his respose was. We have one side of the story. It is the side that matters but don't try to make jerry out a lier or senile because he did not accept his fate quietly.

I have said many times this is best for our program. It should have been done last year when there was cause. It was with very good intent that one more year was granted but in the end it was the wrong decision. That is the blessing and the curse of a University like ASU we are like family and It is difficult to make these decisions wrt family members. I will say Charlie sounds like he is trying to hide behind somebody "those that matter". I am sure that galled Jerry.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:57 pm

He meant gobsmacked...

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:59 pm

Great. One of the most heart felt and honest emails Ive ever seen from any AD ever, and someone has to insinuate he's "hiding behind somebody," to justify JM trying to strong arm his way to another year.

Cobb cant do anything right.

sonsofyosef

Unread post by sonsofyosef » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:10 pm

IS THAT ALL THEY HAVE? Seriously, one email from Cobb to Coach Moore and one memo from Cobb to Peacock. No written or typed response from the Coach whatsoever, and the last document of record dated December 31st of last year...for one of the most important athletics decisions in University history???

First thoughts:
The released documents add weight to the notion that Cobb and Peacock have, for at least a year, wanted to oust Coach Moore. They tell us nothing, unfiltered, though, about what the Coach thought of their plans. There is nothing directly from the Coach indicating that he agreed to anything.

Cobb comes off as a benevolent guy who is concerned that the job of Head Coach is taking its toll on Jerry Moore's health. I wonder if the same impression would be conveyed without all the redactions?

The passage "The 2012 football season is Coach Moore’s last season as head coach. He will retire immediately following the final game of the 2012 season. This would be communicated immediately to him and the staff and announced publicly in the spring although it is assumed that it will be public before then." doesn't jibe with Peacock's Brad Adcock anecdote. Neither does it make sense with keeping the staff, especially Satterfield, and the fanbase in the dark for so long.

Cobb himself refutes the recruiting argument advanced by some as a reason to force Coach Moore to step down so soon after the Illinois State game and not give the Coach a "farewell season": "One, effective recruiting is an inexact science by nature, Two, over the last several years, kids being recruited by us have not come in with the expectation to play for Coach their entire college careers. Three, because of the unstable nature of coaching, no kid being recruited by any staff in America can be honestly told that they will play for that coach or staff for his entire career. In the SoCon alone, every team but Wofford and us changed head coaches in the past five years or, more accurately, during the college life of kids in the 2011 graduating class."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”