Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Roll Call- UNC-Harrisb...errr I mean UNC-Charlotte

wncapp78
School: Appalachian State

Re: Roll Call- UNC-Harrisb...errr I mean UNC-Charlotte

Unread post by wncapp78 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:30 pm

Greg. I have established an endowment specifically for the Marching Band because just as you noted, that’s what needs to be done to move the program forward and ensure long term sustainability.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Thu May 17, 2018 5:57 am

GregPercussion wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:38 pm
There's a possibility of a small band going to Charlotte, but it all depends on the money from App's athletics, Charlottes ticket policy, and HSOM money.
Forget the 49ers’ ticket policy. I’ll gladly donate 2 of my 4 tickets to help get a small pep band to UNCC. Since the Rich is the smallest FBS stadium in the nation, I’m guessing there would only need to be about 80 members to be heard crystal clear throughout the stadium.
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu May 17, 2018 8:11 am

Any Yosef volunteers (Daphne?) know how many reserved and GA seats UNCC gave our ticket office?

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Thu May 17, 2018 9:55 am

I called and got my 2 tickets earlier this week. Only had General Admission left...hopefully we can turn that stadium Black and Gold.

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Thu May 17, 2018 10:20 am

wncapp78 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:30 pm
Greg. I have established an endowment specifically for the Marching Band because just as you noted, that’s what needs to be done to move the program forward and ensure long term sustainability.
I've never heard about and endowment for the BOD. I'll be sure to talk to them about it.

And hopefully see about getting a pep band down to Charlotte. :star

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Thu May 17, 2018 10:30 am

Gonzo wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:11 am
Any Yosef volunteers (Daphne?) know how many reserved and GA seats UNCC gave our ticket office?
I heard 1200 reserved.

yosef13

Unread post by yosef13 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:31 am

Gonzo wrote:
I asked that question when renewing my Yosef membership. I was told 2,000.

I really want to crush these guys. I went over on Niner Nation to see what is being said about ticket sales, and the amount of stereotypes being slung around was nauseating.

UNCC is a good school that all of us could have attended if we wanted. We had our reasons why we did not. I would assume it had a lot to do with college town vs urban setting.

I know trash talk is part of it, but to hear it from alum of a school that I turned down, maybe 5th on my list, and from fans of one of the worst football programs in the country, makes me laugh.

Let's show some class while on the road this September, and let the team do the talking for us.

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:37 am

yosef13 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:31 am
Gonzo wrote:
I asked that question when renewing my Yosef membership. I was told 2,000.

I really want to crush these guys. I went over on Niner Nation to see what is being said about ticket sales, and the amount of stereotypes being slung around was nauseating.

UNCC is a good school that all of us could have attended if we wanted. We had our reasons why we did not. I would assume it had a lot to do with college town vs urban setting.

I know trash talk is part of it, but to hear it from alum of a school that I turned down, maybe 5th on my list, and from fans of one of the worst football programs in the country, makes me laugh.

Let's show some class while on the road this September, and let the team do the talking for us.
Same here. Definitely want to kick that a$$!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon May 21, 2018 4:34 pm

Gonzo wrote:
No clue.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Tue May 22, 2018 6:24 am

yosef13 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:31 am

Take it personally if you want, but they’re just doing what they think fans do. If they gave it a moment’s thought, they’d realize that our student body is basically their student body, but with Chacos.
Last edited by appchicago on Tue May 22, 2018 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Tue May 22, 2018 6:46 am

You know they're struggling when they start citing comparisons of household income between Mecklenburg and Watauga Counties. When it comes to FOOTBALL, it's hard to talk smack when your opponent has more FBS Bowl wins than you have FBS Home wins.
So... they will cling to their tired ethnic stereotypes of Appalachia because it's all they have, never stopping to realize that App students and alums grew up along side of them, but just excelled and surpassed them.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue May 22, 2018 7:31 am

MAD Doctor wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 6:46 am
You know they're struggling when they start citing comparisons of household income between Mecklenburg and Watauga Counties. When it comes to FOOTBALL, it's hard to talk smack when your opponent has more FBS Bowl wins than you have FBS Home wins.
So... they will cling to their tired ethnic stereotypes of Appalachia because it's all they have, never stopping to realize that App students and alums grew up along side of them, but just excelled and surpassed them.
I live in Charlotte.....so their arguments are ignorant. I just saw my wife's schools acceptances GPA and SAT's....
UNCC took many below a 3.0. App didnt take any below a 3.1. SAT scores were better at App

App90

Unread post by App90 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:43 am

Hate to break it to them but UNCC for me and alot of my friends at the time in Charlotte, NC, was a school you went to when you did not get in any where else. They were and still are a weekend suit case school. I am from Charlotte and got accepted to UNCC but went to ASU. Best decision I could have made.

yosef13

Unread post by yosef13 » Tue May 22, 2018 9:30 am

App90 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:43 am
Hate to break it to them but UNCC for me and alot of my friends at the time in Charlotte, NC, was a school you went to when you did not get in any where else. They were and still are a weekend suit case school. I am from Charlotte and got accepted to UNCC but went to ASU. Best decision I could have made.
They were perceived to be a commuter school when I was applying in the mid 90's. I wonder if that persona is still looming. I have seen statistical data that suggests a lot of students still do not live on or around campus.

Urban school, with a possibly large commuting population, and crime concerns around and on campus. None of these are stereotypes. This is what always gave me a negative impression of the school.

Hippies, hillbillies, and no air conditioning. These are stereotypes some of them are clinging to since football seems to not be a topic.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue May 22, 2018 9:42 am

UNCC has some excellent programs that I’m envious of. Unfortunately the Board of Governors over the years fed into the stereotypes and put money and programs into urban campuses. Engineering, medical, law, technology all went I-85 east. We got crumbs and what ever Ken Peacock could beg for. No school has done more with less than APP

App90

Unread post by App90 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:59 pm

They still are for the most part "driving" to school there. In the mid 80's the Charlotte area had a lot of talent in basketball, baseball, and track. Very few of them from Charlotte went to UNCC. UNCC was an after thought for me. Why would you go there after a trip to (ASU) Boone, NC, or Clemson, or Maryland, or Georgia, you get what I'm trying to say. They had nothing to offer but crime, and a weak degree. I cant wait for this game and I am praying our (ASU) football team runs them out of their own stadium.

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Tue May 22, 2018 9:14 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 5:49 pm
wncapp78 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:05 pm
From the App Band FB page:
It is with a heavy heart that we announce that Dr. Kevin Richardson will be leaving Appalachian State University. Over the past 6 years, Dr. Richardson has fostered a thriving marching band program and exceptional symphony band. We would like to thank Dr. Richardson and his family for all that they have given to the Hayes School of Music and wish them the best as they return to Texas for Dr. Richardson's new position at The University of Texas of the Permian Basin
My heart ain’t that heavy. I want a more progressive and forward thinking leader. Time to move the BOD and n a new direction
What the heck are you talking about???

TheMackAttack

Unread post by TheMackAttack » Wed May 23, 2018 2:44 am

CoachRob wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 9:14 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 5:49 pm
wncapp78 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:05 pm
From the App Band FB page:
It is with a heavy heart that we announce that Dr. Kevin Richardson will be leaving Appalachian State University. Over the past 6 years, Dr. Richardson has fostered a thriving marching band program and exceptional symphony band. We would like to thank Dr. Richardson and his family for all that they have given to the Hayes School of Music and wish them the best as they return to Texas for Dr. Richardson's new position at The University of Texas of the Permian Basin
My heart ain’t that heavy. I want a more progressive and forward thinking leader. Time to move the BOD and n a new direction
What the heck are you talking about???
What about that post is difficult to understand? Rekdiver didn't like Kevin Richardson and wants the band to go in a more modern direction with an innovative leader.

CharlotteApp05

Unread post by CharlotteApp05 » Thu May 24, 2018 12:41 pm

Just got 3 GAs. Very proud to go see App in Charlotte.

mp60236

Unread post by mp60236 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:09 am

Would love too but need tickets. If by a miracle anybody who is able to buy tickets now doesn't need all four they are allotted I would be happy to buy the extras from you. I will even supply the beer for the tailgate.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”