Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App Band Director Bails

asualum78
School: Appalachian State

Re: App Band Director Bails

Unread post by asualum78 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:03 pm

I know we have lost a lot of talented musicians to other schools. Jax States Marching Southerners march 450 minimum every season. They have 2 weeks intense summer camp and rehearse 2 hours a day during the week. They also travel 8 buses and 2 equipment trucks to every away game. They were the first visiting band to ever march on LSU's field. Why??? Because their reputation proceeds them and people can't wait to see their show. When they march into a stadium, you would think Elvis had entered the building. Do we not deserve a band we can be this proud of???
They also give lots of band scholarships and every member gets a per diem for every away game covering their expenses. If we expect to reach this level, we have to increase funding both for the band and the staff.

Apptiger

Unread post by Apptiger » Wed May 30, 2018 10:03 pm

I used to love our band, they were a source of pride for the university. In the 70's and 80's we blew every band on every field away. Our football team went through some struggles but we could count on the band. I attended games at other schools (WFU, NC State, SC, Klempson) with friends that attended those schools. I heard the same thing every time... "you might not win the game but your band sure kicked our band's ass". And to hear people even compare us to WCU and want their park and bark style....OMG!
I don't get to Boone for games these days, but my last trip left me flabbergasted. I felt like I was watching an average high school band.
Please bring back the magic!
Giv'em Hell!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:52 am

asualum78 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 8:03 pm
I know we have lost a lot of talented musicians to other schools. Jax States Marching Southerners march 450 minimum every season. They have 2 weeks intense summer camp and rehearse 2 hours a day during the week. They also travel 8 buses and 2 equipment trucks to every away game. They were the first visiting band to ever march on LSU's field. Why??? Because their reputation proceeds them and people can't wait to see their show. When they march into a stadium, you would think Elvis had entered the building. Do we not deserve a band we can be this proud of???
They also give lots of band scholarships and every member gets a per diem for every away game covering their expenses. If we expect to reach this level, we have to increase funding both for the band and the staff.

We deserve a band that does not have to play over the worthless crap that comes over the PA system at half time.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:13 pm

The Interim BOD Band Director has been named for the 2018 season:
Mr. Don Peach

Mr. Peach has been serving as an adjunct faculty member for music education in the Hayes School of Music since he was the interim director during the 2011 season. He will also serve as the associate director of bands and conduct the Symphony Band and teach music education classes. Mr. Peach is an outstanding music educator who retired from the successful programs in Lincolnton and Hickory. Welcome back Mr. Peach!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:06 pm

GregPercussion wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:13 pm
conduct the Symphony Band and teach music
I read that as beach music at first. I thought that was an odd course. Maybe not at CCU, but certainly at App.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Apptiger

Unread post by Apptiger » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:15 am

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:06 pm
GregPercussion wrote:
conduct the Symphony Band and teach music
I read that as beach music at first. I thought that was an odd course. Maybe not at CCU, but certainly at App.
Maybe the time is right for a little "Hey Baby".. Seems I remember singing along with the band, once upon a time. ;)

tromboneman

Unread post by tromboneman » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:07 pm

GregPercussion wrote:
The Interim BOD Band Director has been named for the 2018 season:
Mr. Don Peach

Mr. Peach has been serving as an adjunct faculty member for music education in the Hayes School of Music since he was the interim director during the 2011 season. He will also serve as the associate director of bands and conduct the Symphony Band and teach music education classes. Mr. Peach is an outstanding music educator who retired from the successful programs in Lincolnton and Hickory. Welcome back Mr. Peach!
Bring Joe Brashier back!! When he was the director, the band could
actually be called "The Band of Distinction" . He was the director that introduced the crowd to "Appalachian Spring" which he arranged.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:30 pm

In Mr. Peaches spare time he will work with the marching band.....
A lost year for the BOD coming up.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”