Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Amtrak to UNCC Game. Anyone planning this.

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Amtrak to UNCC Game. Anyone planning this.

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:59 pm

NCDOT/Amtrak is now running the Carolinian and 3 Piedmont trains daily between Charlotte and Raleigh. Taking Amtrak to Charlotte could work though it would work a bit better with an earlier start time to the game. You will need a hotel to get back on the Carolinian or Piedmont given the times when they travel north from Charlotte. IF you only need to get back to Greensboro you could take the Crescent early Sunday morning (as in 1 am early) and that would get you back to Greensboro arond 3 am Sunday.

The wait for the Crescent would not be that bad if you decide to take in a late supper after the game. A victory supper is always nice. I assume some sports bars would be open that late.

Charlotte light rail does not stop at the Charlotte Amtrak station but one could take Charlotte bus to the main Charlotte transit hub and then take light rail to the UNCC campus and reverse back to the Charlotte Amtrak station.

There are also a good many free park-and-ride lots beside the light rail line, though some do cost to park. This is something to consider if you have to drive to Charlotte.

I am sure some having been waiting on my Amtrak post - here goes.

I am going in a group and picking up a daughter on the way so this is not going to work out for me unless I just go on an adventure by myself and meet the wife, 2 of 3 daughters, and others in the group at the stadium.

My original goal was to take Greensboro city transit from the nearest location to my house to the Greensboro Amtrak, then ride one of the midday Piedmont trains to Charlotte and then grab Charlotte city bus to the light rail station and then ride the light rail to the stadium. After the game take the light rail to the transit station and then Charlotte bus to Charlotte Amtrak and ride Amtrak Crescent to Greesboro and if doing this alone, calling my wife at 3 am to get my sorry ass from the Greenboro Amtrak. It all sounded simple enough.

An App train would be nice starting in Raleigh and picking up fans along the way.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppinVA

Re: Amtrak to UNCC Game. Anyone planning this.

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:23 am

"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:37 am

I miss Phil Hartman.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:57 pm

You gotta be careful on those party trains. Everybody is drinking a lot and stuff can happen.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”