Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Could We Be More Irrelevant?

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

Could We Be More Irrelevant?

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:54 am

In the Charlote Observer today it mentions FCS All American Honors.

They mention area players Breitenstein, Mellette from Elon and a tackle from El Cid..........

NOTHING about the three from ASU........................
Evewn that article was buried in a corner of page 3.

We have to get the hell out of this conference and the FCS.

AppinATL

Re: Could We Be More Irrelevant?

Unread post by AppinATL » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:09 am

Not arguing about having to get out of FCS, but if they mentioned Wofford, Eloan and El Cid, Sounds to me like we need a better SID.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:23 am

Rekdiver wrote:In the Charlote Observer today it mentions FCS All American Honors.

They mention area players Breitenstein, Mellette from Elon and a tackle from El Cid..........

It will not be much different if we move to Sun Belt conference. Observer only covers ACC and SEC in any meaningful way. They went through a stretch a couple years ago where they were giving us good write ups. That has changed we just get the oh yea and these guys type coverage lately.
Last edited by appbio91 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:55 am

appbio91 wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:In the Charlote Observer today it mentions FCS All American Honors.

I will not be much different if we move to Sun Belt conference. Observer only covers ACC and SEC in any meaningful way. They went through a stretch a couple years ago where they were giving us good write ups. That has changed we just get the oh yea and these guys type coverage lately.

The Disturber will most likely give decent coverage on CUSA when UNCC starts up and I believe we will see increased Sun Belt coverage if we join. Time will tell.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:23 am

TheMoody1 wrote:
appbio91 wrote:

I will not be much different if we move to Sun Belt conference. Observer only covers ACC and SEC in any meaningful way. They went through a stretch a couple years ago where they were giving us good write ups. That has changed we just get the oh yea and these guys type coverage lately.

The Disturber will most likely give decent coverage on CUSA when UNCC starts up and I believe we will see increased Sun Belt coverage if we join. Time will tell.
Totally agree about CUSA.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:25 am

Simple enough:
Wofford is in the Greenville/Spartanburg market, The Citadel in Charleston and Elon in the Triad. :lol:
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

pkasu

Unread post by pkasu » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:35 am

Funny, I was thinking the same thng this morning. Last night the local news stations here in the triad had stories on Winston-Salem State leaving for their D-2 National Championship game. I remembered how angry I was when App was in the run and leaving for OUR D-1 National Championship games and of course our third one in a row (something never done before) and how there was next to nothing on the local news stations and even less in the Greensboro News. BUT then I read this morning’s Greensboro news and the only article about the W-S State game was about the OTHER team from the AP news.

I don’t know if it is a lack of interest in Football other than BCS or that ASU just doesn’t have a media/market presents? Which “might” be one of the reasons we are not a good fit to move up?

Mongol

Unread post by Mongol » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:03 am

I don’t know if it is a lack of interest in Football other than BCS or that ASU just doesn’t have a media/market presents? Which “might” be one of the reasons we are not a good fit to move up?
Ah HA! Ciould you be on to something?

:twisted:

cbarrier90

Unread post by cbarrier90 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:07 am

My guess is that the three mentioned are NC natives, while ASU's representation was from the state of Georgia. That's why there was no mention.

Appersrule

Unread post by Appersrule » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:16 pm

AppinATL wrote:Not arguing about having to get out of FCS, but if they mentioned Wofford, Eloan and El Cid, Sounds to me like we need a better SID.
We've needed one of those for a while now.

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:50 pm

TheMoody1 wrote:
appbio91 wrote:

yeah right...back page of sports will read....and in texas, asu played some school call unversity of texas-san marcos in front of a rocking crowd of 15,000...maybe...

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:16 pm

And UNC-Commuter College played Florida Atlantic Pacific Antarctic International Union State in front of 500 fans. :lol:

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:27 pm

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY wrote:
TheMoody1 wrote:
appbio91 wrote:

yeah right...back page of sports already reads....and in Alabama, ASU played some school called Samford in front of a rocking crowd of 1,500...maybe...
There. Did a little fact checking.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:57 pm

These lists are crazy. Sam is the only guy ASU has on AP first team. Kimbrough and McCray are second team on the Ap list.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”