Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

730 The Game - Ga. Tech

stafford
School: Appalachian State

730 The Game - Ga. Tech

Unread post by stafford » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:23 am

730 The Game, ESPN radio out of Charlotte had a discussion on which job Satterfield would take, Louisville or Ga. Tech. Announcers were leaning toward Ga. Tech. This includes App sideline reporter Molly Cotten who is on their morning show.

All agreed that Ga. Tech was a better job that Louisville right now. The main hurdle would be installing a modern offense with current players who run the double wing.

The Rock

Re: 730 The Game - Ga. Tech

Unread post by The Rock » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:52 am

Everything I’m seeing has Ga tech zeroing in on Clemson co-OC tony Elliott.
Seems more of a gamble with no HC experience

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:00 am

Art Monken is the pick if they want to still be an option offense.

Louisville is the way, way better job than the Ramblin Wreck. You guys need to dig into the economics of the program and support, and potential success.
BLACK SATURDAY

stafford

Unread post by stafford » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:11 am

Louisville is in the Atlantic division with Clemson. Ga. Tech is in the Coastal division with.... well, without Clemson.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:21 am

Black Saturday wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:00 am

Louisville is the way, way better job than the Ramblin Wreck. You guys need to dig into the economics of the program and support, and potential success.
Art “Monken” was a helluva receiver back in the day but Jeff is a better coach :lol:

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:32 am

Is anyone talking about Kennesaw State's Brian Bohannon for the Tech job? If they want to keep the option (which I know isn't a foregone conclusion), he seems like a good fit. He's done wonders at Kennesaw as they launched their program (12-2 last year, 10-1 this year so far and still in the playoffs), he was on the GT staff as QB coach before taking the KSU job, and he clearly knows Georgia. He's been on staff at GaSo and West Georgia and played his college ball at UGA. He's also been on staff at Navy and Gardner-Webb.

But like I say, they're likely moving away from the option, and Bohannon may be too much of a Paul Johnson guy for them.

appmaj

Unread post by appmaj » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:56 pm

stafford wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:11 am
Louisville is in the Atlantic division with Clemson. Ga. Tech is in the Coastal division with.... well, without Clemson.
But Clemson is their other division partner. They play them and UGA every year.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:29 pm

appmaj wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:56 pm
stafford wrote:
This. UGA and Clemson aren't going anywhere anytime soon. GaT also has stricter floors on what recruits you can bring in due to academics. By everything I am hearing, the GAT boosters want to move away from the option. Ideally, you could transition current roster into a pistol, but it would be an uphill climb. Football wise, UL is a better option. The 730 crew has such a simplistic view of everything. I want to like them bc Bobby and Molly have ties to App, but they are boring and predictable. Vallencourts show is unlistenable.... Pompous New Orleans fan....
The Appalachian State

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:31 pm

I have seen GT play, they could easily run App offense.
Bring Your A Game!

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:44 pm

huskie3 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:31 pm
I have seen GT play, they could easily run App offense.
Tech lacks the Jimmys and Joes and will have to cycle a few classes to get anywhere near competitive not running their current offense. Satterfield isn't going there and probably not Louisville either, but we will see, at least his name is in the mix.
BLACK SATURDAY

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:45 pm

Matt Wells to UL. I hope.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:03 pm

Matt Wells to Texas Tech. Not good.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:30 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:29 pm
appmaj wrote:
stafford wrote:
This. UGA and Clemson aren't going anywhere anytime soon. GaT also has stricter floors on what recruits you can bring in due to academics. By everything I am hearing, the GAT boosters want to move away from the option. Ideally, you could transition current roster into a pistol, but it would be an uphill climb. Football wise, UL is a better option. The 730 crew has such a simplistic view of everything. I want to like them bc Bobby and Molly have ties to App, but they are boring and predictable. Vallencourts show is unlistenable.... Pompous New Orleans fan....
I haven’t been able to stomach Vallencourt since two hours after Dale Earnhardt died. WBT had their staff in to take calls. Everyone is sympathetic/empathetic with the callers. Gerry comes in and starts to talk about where NASCAR goes from here. Earnhardt, a native son, and Charlotte’s first professional sports franchise in the heart of NASCAR country, was alive just three hours earlier, and poolboy was clearly showing that he didn’t want to be there — basically belittling callers who were wracked with grief. He’s an asshole, and apparently hasn’t changed.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:48 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:30 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:29 pm
appmaj wrote:
stafford wrote:
I haven’t been able to stomach Vallencourt since two hours after Dale Earnhardt died. WBT had their staff in to take calls. Everyone is sympathetic/empathetic with the callers. Gerry comes in and starts to talk about where NASCAR goes from here. Earnhardt, a native son, and Charlotte’s first professional sports franchise in the heart of NASCAR country, was alive just three hours earlier, and poolboy was clearly showing that he didn’t want to be there — basically belittling callers who were wracked with grief. He’s an asshole, and apparently hasn’t changed.
Bingo. He still does it and when I think he realizes it, he will start laughing it off like he is joking. I can not believe they hired him. If you want an ex-Charlotte guy, pick up Steve Martin. Martin has a significant bank of knowledge of pro-sports and college. Outside of Lebatard, there is little reason for me to tune in to 730.
The Appalachian State

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:29 am

proasu89 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:21 am
Black Saturday wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:00 am

Art “Monken” was a helluva receiver back in the day but Jeff is a better coach :lol:
LoL! Getting old isn't for sissies. Art was part of the Fun Bunch, Jeff is part of the Boring Offense Bunch. Used to be a big 'Skins Fan back in the day. Sorry for the brain fart.
BLACK SATURDAY

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”