Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Am I deluded?

GreatAppSt
School: Appalachian State

Re: Am I deluded?

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:43 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:39 pm
They’ve got a premier coach I respect and a helluva team. With a new QB and new DC I just am not optimistic at all.
Are you optimistic now? :D
Rekdiver wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:33 pm
Penn State is the epitome of blue collar football. I’m not sure we match up favorably at any position.
How’s our blue collar epitome? ;)
Last edited by GreatAppSt on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:48 pm

GreatAppSt wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:10 am
I just can't shake the feeling that our first 2018 game will be something special :D . I can't put my finger on why I feel like this, it's just there :shock: . I haven't felt this way about any of our big opponents in many years.

What say ye? O am I leading myself up a garden path with rose colored glasses?

:?
Hey, you need to call me when you have a special feeling about some lottery numbers!
The Appalachian State

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:50 pm

GreatAppSt wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:43 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:39 pm
They’ve got a premier coach I respect and a helluva team. With a new QB and new DC I just am not optimistic at all.
Are you optimistic now?
Attachments
are-you-not-entertained-memegenerator-net-28894340.png
FREQS AND GEEKS!

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:58 pm

We are P5 level today for sure on the entire team.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:04 pm

I see some AP and Coaches votes headed our way after that performance even with a loss.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:21 pm

GreatAppSt wrote:
I just can't shake the feeling that our first 2018 game will be something special :D . I can't put my finger on why I feel like this, it's just there :shock: . I haven't felt this way about any of our big opponents in many years.

You were not deluded, that was a special game and we answered a lot of questions. Biggest - Zac can lead this team. Also big, if anything D looked more aggressive with new administration. Looking forward to SB this year. Will be great to compete for a chance to play in a conference championship

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:03 pm

Said on another thread. We might absolutely run the table. We are loaded with playmakers and Zac is the real deal. Michigan will always be special but our program and type of players are way above 11 years ago. I personally get tired of hearing about it.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:12 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:03 pm
Said on another thread. We might absolutely run the table. We are loaded with playmakers and Zac is the real deal. Michigan will always be special but our program and type of players are way above 11 years ago. I personally get tired of hearing about it.
Agree about UM different era. We have put the fear in three P5 teams, should have (not could have) won all three. No fluke, no lightning strike, just better teams

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:12 pm

Hats off to all like you who believed. I was hoping and glued to the tv at Pedallin’ Pig, but I never dreamed we had such a tough leader in our new QB. The 4th quarter was nothing short of amazing. As heartbroken as I am, this one feels SO much better than Tennessee or Wake. Charlotte, here we come, young, fast, talented, well-coached, and more than a little pissed off.

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:33 pm

Teams of the past few years are better and deeper than the team that beat Michigan. That just makes what that team did even more special.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:42 pm

I graduated the year Williams. KRich, Murrell, and Hunter brought home our first title. It is unbelievable seeing how far this program has come over the last 12 years. My wife and I met in Boone, went to the Championship games, long time season ticket holders, and my kids are just as big of fans..... we were going ballistic in my living room today. The Black and Gold runs deep in our blood and I am never ashamed to rock my gear!
The Appalachian State

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:01 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
I think aside from the outcome, yesterday’s game exceeded everyone’s expectations. Thomas made very few bad decisions, he fought through adversities and can absolutely sling it. We are loaded at WR. Evans is a weapon and he is a matchup nightmare for any LB coming out of the backfield. I am not convinced that we can run the table. We have the talent to do it, but the youth always provides that element of inconsistency that may cost us a game or two.

Don’t get me wrong, the conference is on notice and we can do it. Just hope we have enough to offset some off days and injuries.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:08 am

Yosefus wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:04 pm
I see some AP and Coaches votes headed our way after that performance even with a loss.
I'll predict coaches poll #27. We'll definitely get love from big 10 coaches and sunbelt coaches. Don't think it'll be enough to get us ranked. Would be sweet though.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:07 am

Of course, much of the national discussion is not about our performance but rather how Penn State may be over rated. If they don't play better against Pitt, they could lose. Thomas gained some plaudits but most discussion I've seen dealt with Penn State's problems.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:29 am

appbio91 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:12 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Agree about UM different era. We have put the fear in three P5 teams, should have (not could have) won all three. No fluke, no lightning strike, just better teams
I agree with every thing said here...but I'm not tired of hearing about the Michigan game yet, in fact I still get a good feeling when I look at the framed Sports Illustrated magazine hanging in the App State section of my study. Still the biggest upset in college football history.
We're going to knock off our first P5 team since Michigan either in a special bowl game if we're able to run the table this year...or it'll be in Chapel Hill next season followed by another win in Columbia. This awesome team that we have is so young that we're only going to get better and better in 2019 and 2020. Feeling proud and gonna get loud in Charlotte Saturday!!

GreatAppSt

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:48 am

GreatAppSt wrote:

I said it then, I'll say it again but I feel a little more this time.

I just can't shake the feeling that all our 2021 games will be something special :D . I can't put my finger on why I feel like this, it's just there :shock: . I haven't felt this way about an upcoming season in a long long time.

What say ye? am I leading myself up a garden path with rose colored glasses again?

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:17 am

GreatAppSt wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:48 am
GreatAppSt wrote:

I said it then, I'll say it again but I feel a little more this time.

I just can't shake the feeling that all our 2021 games will be something special :D . I can't put my finger on why I feel like this, it's just there :shock: . I haven't felt this way about an upcoming season in a long long time.

What say ye? am I leading myself up a garden path with rose colored glasses again?

I don’t think that your enthusiasm is black and gold shaded at all. We have some question marks like most teams. What stands out to me is the depth that we have across the lineup. We can go three deep across the 1st and second levels of our defense with little to no drop off. The secondary isn’t has blessed, but might be our strongest group of 1st teamers. We’ve got 4 RBs capable of multiple carries and a possible 5th depending on his rehab. A QBs that is a level above what we have seen before here with a backup more than capable of driving the bus. 8 WRs that have played valuable minutes. Add an OL that while not experienced as a unit, all have played. The talent is there to keep us in every ball game.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:25 am

I had the same thoughts for 2020. Very experienced OL and many key returnees. Although 9-3 was good by most program standards, I thought we would go undefeated with only loss to Wisconsin. Given their size and propensity to run at all costs, thought would be a loss. When they came off schedule, thought we had chance to go undefeated... realize difficult to go undefeated in any year...but thought we had great chance. With all this said, very high on 2021 given returnees and Clark now having a year behind him. Although tough schedule, believe we have a special team.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:15 am

If you are deluded then I am there with you. I feel our level of talent has continued to increase year over year. I am very high on Brice as QB thus very high expectations from offense based on him, returning players AND OC/Ponce that I believe will maximize his team's capabilities. It also feels like Dale may lean more aggressively on the defensive side, probably because he feels he has the horses to do it.

On top of the above, I feel like the team may have a big chip on their shoulder based on last year. This mental edge is important throughout the course of the season.

AppFan11

Unread post by AppFan11 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:49 am

For whatever it’s worth, I listened last night to the DC for ECU and he said that while he wasn’t as familiar with Duke’s team, that Chase has more weapons around him at App, more like Clemson than Duke. Their HC said when I look at their (App) two-deep (can anybody find our two-deep?) I see Sr’s and JR’s….. they know how to prepare.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”