Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Rank Order of 2018 schedule based on deep repressed feelings about being inadequate in life and using college football..

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Rank Order of 2018 schedule based on deep repressed feelings about being inadequate in life and using college football..

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:57 pm

...as a surrogate to measurement my goodness as a human.

I would love to go 14-0 but I could also rank a few games higher than others than mean more to me.

My order is based on a few factors. One is the rivalry and two my expectations for the game. TxSt is low only due to the fact we should handle them well enough. A couple of these (all the West division games) could be ranked as a tie in importance to me but that is not an option in the college game and therefore not an option for my list. I put all conference games over OOC as I want that conference championship and the CG in Boone.

Most important to me -SBC Championship game to me is more important than a bowl win since it is the first SBC championship game.

2nd-Bowl game. (4-0 would be nice but I really want the SBC CG win more THIS year.)

3rd-Then Ga So, because Ga So. (and division game)
Troy (win the division)
GaSt (divison game)
Coastal (division game)
UL
ArkSt
SoAl
TxSt
11th most important-Charlotte (This is really higher than I care to admit. I have tickets, and I don't want to lose to an in-state team. I want App to BE college football in this state.)

Southern Miss (Given the history of the last two games this would be higher if not for Charlotte.)

G-W (if we lose here I would be upset but I am not worried enough to put it higher up my list.) In a way this should be the most important as if we lose this we have some serious issues to work on.

Penn St (Any Prick5 win is good for our program of course but I would take an L here to go 13-1 in the above.

In the end I would go 0-4 if it means winning the conference CG and we are still going bowling.

Where am I going wrong in the above list?
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

NoLongerLurking

Re: Rank Order of 2018 schedule based on deep repressed feelings about being inadequate in life and using college footba

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:38 pm

Based on beating Troy and the games we should win, I like that you ranked the scheduled arkansas st game as low as you did. I agree with the entire list. Kudos.

appstate77

Re: Rank Order of 2018 schedule based on deep repressed feelings about being inadequate in life and using college footba

Unread post by appstate77 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:00 pm

Looks like you need a hug.. LOL

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:15 pm

appstate77 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:00 pm
Looks like you need a hug.. LOL
I can always use a hug. :)

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:35 am

Completely agree.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:48 am

The only thing that would put a division game higher than a non-division SBC game is a possible tie-breaker, but I guess your rank reflects that.

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:32 am

The game I'd like to win the most this upcoming season would be the Peach Bowl, because it would mean we won all the others preceding it.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:52 am

AppfaninCAALand wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:32 am
The game I'd like to win the most this upcoming season would be the Peach Bowl, because it would mean we won all the others preceding it.
Or the National Championship, which means we went undefeated, the conference did well as a whole in out of conference, and Penn State and Southern Miss won their conferences, which made them legit great out of conference wins. It would also mean we won the playoff game.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:54 pm

Thinking about the "what if's" of the Troy game is pretty interesting. That could be a huge game against a team ranked in the top 25 with wins over Boise and Nebraska.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:25 pm

I don't rank priority. The next game is always the most important to me.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:14 pm

NewApp wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:25 pm
Party pooper. :)

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:21 pm

AppfaninCAALand wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:32 am
It is hard to argue that, but I am not sure the Sun Belt has the respect to get us to the Peach Bowl if we run the table. Maybe if we run the table and every other Great5 conference champ has at least one L if not 2 in the case of AAC and MWC. Though I would love to be proved wrong on this.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:29 am

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:14 pm
NewApp wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:25 pm
Party pooper. :)
No, I say go ahead. Just that I have the over riding philosophy for myself. When I was in the field, I didn't like to see players fired up about any one game over the others. That's how upsets occur.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppNation85

Unread post by AppNation85 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:21 am

Beating Penn State would do more for our program than any of those other games including a bowl win.
Twitter: @RankAppState

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:39 am

AppNation85 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:21 am
Beating Penn State would do more for our program than any of those other games including a bowl win.
My list is mix of expectations and desires. Penn St had lower expectations than Tx St for me.

And would you prefer being 1-11 with a win at Penn St or take a loss there but win a Bowl? I would prefer the later. Though I realize if we win against Penn St we are not going 1-11 unless all 100 players are injured I the first game.

I want to be 14-0 or 15-0 even but

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”