Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Penn St. Roll Call

MountaineerMafia
School: Appalachian State

Re: Penn St. Roll Call

Unread post by MountaineerMafia » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:49 pm

12 in total (7 Apps - 5 PSU most of them from Lancaster, PA) meeting up in State College Friday night. Got an Air Bnb for the weekend. Walking distance to stadium. Grew up a PSU fan and some family went there. Mom took some continuing education classes at App for teaching. Gonna be a fun game and great atmosphere! My soon-to-be 4 month old son will be taking in his first live football game(!) between a team I grew up rooting for and the team (and community) that I fell in love with when I moved to Boone in 2006.
“I never lie to any man because I don’t fear anyone. The only time you lie is when you are afraid” ~ John Gotti

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:09 pm

Wife and I driving up Friday. Staying at Hyatt Place State College, hopefully a short walk to stadium.
Bring Your A Game!

MountaineerKidd

Unread post by MountaineerKidd » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:55 pm

Me and my group of 10 will be skipping class and leaving Boone Friday morning. Not hearing of too many other students going but should be a few.

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:22 pm

MountaineerKidd wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:55 pm
Me and my group of 10 will be skipping class and leaving Boone Friday morning. Not hearing of too many other students going but should be a few.
Do you have tickets yet? When I was in school 09-13 we had to line up around 4:00am to get student tickets to the P5 games. It was early as hell but the seats were great.

MountaineerKidd

Unread post by MountaineerKidd » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:21 pm

NO.2 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:22 pm
MountaineerKidd wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:55 pm
Do you have tickets yet? When I was in school 09-13 we had to line up around 4:00am to get student tickets to the P5 games. It was early as hell but the seats were great.
No we don't. We were told by the ticket office that we can't get tickets as students until Aug 20th and last year at UGA the tickets were far from great. But the ticket location wasn't great for APP last year anyway.

getmyjive11
School: Penn State

Unread post by getmyjive11 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:20 pm

huskie3 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:09 pm
Wife and I driving up Friday. Staying at Hyatt Place State College, hopefully a short walk to stadium.
It’s probably about a mile and a quarter to the stadium. Definitely do-able. You can cut right across campus to get there.

If you don’t want to walk, there is a gameday bus with a stop just one block down that will take you right to the stadium. The fare is $2.

smokeybandit

Unread post by smokeybandit » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:09 am

apphiker wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:55 am
FYI, game parking is $22.50 in advance or $40 on the day of the game. Info here: http://www.gopsusports.com/tickets/m-fo ... rking.html
It's actually $60 this year day of game. So I'd HIGHLY recommend pre-ordering parking

App74

Unread post by App74 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:36 am

getmyjive11 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:20 pm
huskie3 wrote:
It’s probably about a mile and a quarter to the stadium. Definitely do-able. You can cut right across campus to get there.

If you don’t want to walk, there is a gameday bus with a stop just one block down that will take you right to the stadium. The fare is $2.
I recall that lots open at 8:00 for this game. Two questions:

1. Do all yellow lots open at the same time?
2. When do tailgaters begin to arrive?

Thanks

getmyjive11

Unread post by getmyjive11 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:04 am

App74 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:36 am
getmyjive11 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:20 pm
huskie3 wrote:

I recall that lots open at 8:00 for this game. Two questions:

1. Do all yellow lots open at the same time?
2. When do tailgaters begin to arrive?

Thanks
I believe you are correct about 8:00 for a 3:30 game. All lots open at the same time.

Because it is not a noon game, the lots will fill up gradually. If it is a nice day, people will start tailgating early with things being really lively from 11 to right before kickoff. You can easily make a whole day of it by walking through campus and downtown before heading up to tailgate after 12:00.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:29 am

getmyjive11 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:49 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:32 pm
Flying in Friday with ASUChipman. Going to the Phillies/Cubs game Friday, game on Saturday, Hershey on Sunday.
For the Phillies game, I highly recommend you park at Chickie and Pete’s and take the crab bus to the stadium. It is WAY faster getting out when the game is done. Chickie and Pete’s isn’t so bad either... get some crab fries.

https://chickiesandpetes.com/taxi-crab/
For an authentic cheesesteak, you mentioned Dealesandros. Any thoughts on Jim’s on South St.?

getmyjive11

Unread post by getmyjive11 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:41 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:29 am
getmyjive11 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:49 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:32 pm
Flying in Friday with ASUChipman. Going to the Phillies/Cubs game Friday, game on Saturday, Hershey on Sunday.
For the Phillies game, I highly recommend you park at Chickie and Pete’s and take the crab bus to the stadium. It is WAY faster getting out when the game is done. Chickie and Pete’s isn’t so bad either... get some crab fries.

https://chickiesandpetes.com/taxi-crab/
For an authentic cheesesteak, you mentioned Dealesandros. Any thoughts on Jim’s on South St.?
Jim’s is excellent as well.

DontPlayWithYosef

Unread post by DontPlayWithYosef » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:08 am

Got 4 Mountaineers sitting in section WE

appyirish

Unread post by appyirish » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:44 pm

huskie3 wrote:
My wife and I are also staying at the Hyatt Place. There appears to be a gameday shuttle bus stop near the hotel.

smokeybandit

Unread post by smokeybandit » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:57 pm

You'll have a rush of people lined up to get into the lots at 8am. But like jive mentioned, it'll be a gradual but steady stream after that.

Just remember a couple important tailgating rules

-No kegs
-No charcoal/open flame grills.
-Technically glass beer bottles aren't allowed. But that rule is targeted towards the frat parties and other very large gatherings. No one will say anything for the typical peaceful gathering.
-And for the really ambitious tailgaters, no smoker-type grill box trailers

There are ample trash/recycling bags available all over. At the end of the day, just leave your bags there at your spot somewhere out of the travel lanes. There are also ample portapotties. I've been to 8 different bowl games and 10 away game venues. I've never tailgated somewhere with more portapotties.

If it's important to you, there's no beer sales in the stadium except for the club/suite levels.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:06 pm

Leaving flat rock 6am wed driving to Gettysburg spending Thursday driving
To Amish country Friday driving to state college sat morn early long ride home Sunday lol
Last edited by mountaineerman on Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

HendoYosef

Unread post by HendoYosef » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:00 am

Flying up Friday morning. One from Hendersonville, NC and two from Landrum, SC. Can't wait for the season to begin. We'll be at the Alumni tailgate. Hope to see you there!

App74

Unread post by App74 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:58 am

smokeybandit wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:57 pm
You'll have a rush of people lined up to get into the lots at 8am. But like jive mentioned, it'll be a gradual but steady stream after that.

-No kegs
-Technically glass beer bottles aren't allowed. But that rule is targeted towards the frat parties and other very large gatherings. No one will say anything for the typical peaceful gathering.

There are ample trash/recycling bags available all over. At the end of the day, just leave your bags there at your spot somewhere out of the travel lanes. There are also ample portapotties. I've been to 8 different bowl games and 10 away game venues. I've never tailgated somewhere with more portapotties.

If it's important to you, there's no beer sales in the stadium except for the club/suite levels.
Thanks for the info Smokey! Is there a particular yellow lot you would recommend? I'll be one of the eight o'clockers.

getmyjive11

Unread post by getmyjive11 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:21 am

App74 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:58 am
smokeybandit wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:57 pm

-No kegs

Thanks for the info Smokey! Is there a particular yellow lot you would recommend? I'll be one of the eight o'clockers.
I like the lots around the RV lot: 20, 21 and 19. Of you don’t plan on tailgating at your car and want a place where you can get out quickly, the East Halls parking deck is good for that.

smokeybandit

Unread post by smokeybandit » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:54 am

Yeah, those lots are probably the easiest lots to get out of after the game.

If you'll be in no hurry to leave, then all the lots are about the same.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”