Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App State, Boone, NC #15/100 Top College Football Towns in America

GregPercussion
School: Appalachian State

App State, Boone, NC #15/100 Top College Football Towns in America

Unread post by GregPercussion » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Nifty article, says we're the highest rated in G5 schools.

https://herosports.com/college-football ... state-cncn
Last edited by GregPercussion on Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

9Steelman

Re: App State, Boone, NC #16/100 Top College Football Towns in America

Unread post by 9Steelman » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:54 pm

Excellent article. Game day experience will be going thru big changes next few years. I feel the magical tailgating experience in the stadium lot will be lost forever.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:46 pm

9Steelman wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:54 pm
Excellent article. Game day experience will be going thru big changes next few years. I feel the magical tailgating experience in the stadium lot will be lost forever.
You'll be inconvenienced for a season or two, but the finished product will blow Stadium Lot out of the water.

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:06 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:46 pm
9Steelman wrote:
You'll be inconvenienced for a season or two, but the finished product will blow Stadium Lot out of the water.
I'm not sure anyone can say that say that with any confidence. We are essentially splitting stadium parking lot in half and moving them away from the typical route that people outside of the stadium parking lot currently walk through to get to the actual football stadium. On top of that, some will be moved to a parking deck based on request. I'm skeptical at this point.

yosef13

Unread post by yosef13 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:33 pm

bigCasu wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:06 pm
Gonzo wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:46 pm
9Steelman wrote:
I'm not sure anyone can say that say that with any confidence. We are essentially splitting stadium parking lot in half and moving them away from the typical route that people outside of the stadium parking lot currently walk through to get to the actual football stadium. On top of that, some will be moved to a parking deck based on request. I'm skeptical at this point.
Fantastic! Boone is a special place indeed. Not as special as north Charlotte, but close.

Maybe we should all tailgate on Sanford Mall. It could be like the Grove at Ole Miss. I'd rather tailgate there than any lot on campus. Thoughts?

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:45 pm

bigCasu wrote:
I'd be willing to bet that folks will make new paths fairly easily. The tough part will be 2019 when even alternate paths are likely to be blocked by construction fences. Once construction is done, we'll find new ways soon enough.

At many of the older university campuses the current sidewalks / paths were developed after the students had created the route by constant use.

I'm actually pretty optimistic about the whole thing, though I'm not looking forward to the construction phase. I'm currently pretty close to the stadium in the stadium lot. Who knows where I might end up two years from now ... stadium deck, Duncan, Greenwood? Wherever my parking space might be, Boone will still be #1 in my book for top college football towns.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:00 pm

Interesting stadium photo choice...

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:11 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:00 pm
Interesting stadium photo choice...
I noticed that too... But hey, always looking forward!

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:45 pm

Great article and all true. College of Concord at NC-Harrisburg is not taking it well. They are waiting for a Top 100 POTENTIAL.....list. :lol:

mikeyosef

Unread post by mikeyosef » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:50 pm

Only 16th?????

yosef13

Unread post by yosef13 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:02 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:45 pm
Great article and all true. College of Concord at NC-Harrisburg is not taking it well. They are waiting for a Top 100 POTENTIAL.....list. :lol:
I've never really had a problem with them before this year. Some of them have some deep rooted hate for Boone and App. That's cool, I guess. They aren't going to like us much better in a few weeks.

If we find ourselves in a conference with them in the future, which is likely, this could become a nasty rivalry.

On the other hand, Penn St fans have been giving us a lot of respect coming in. This is by far the most respect I've ever witnessed App get from a P5 fan base. Hopefully we can give them a show.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:06 pm

yosef13 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:02 pm
MAD Doctor wrote:
I've never really had a problem with them before this year. Some of them have some deep rooted hate for Boone and App. That's cool, I guess. They aren't going to like us much better in a few weeks.

If we find ourselves in a conference with them in the future, which is likely, this could become a nasty rivalry.

On the other hand, Penn St fans have been giving us a lot of respect coming in. This is by far the most respect I've ever witnessed App get from a P5 fan base. Hopefully we can give them a show.
How do you'ns know what they think? Stalking their message boards?

yosef13

Unread post by yosef13 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:15 pm

NoLongerLurking wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:06 pm
yosef13 wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:

I do take a look at a lot of our opponents boards leading up to games. You get insight to their concerns about you and themselves.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:22 pm

That thread on the UNCC message board has 1,000 posts. Because we’re obsessed with them I’m told???

It’s time to admit that we like each other because we’re f***ing in three weeks anyway.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:29 pm

yosef13 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:15 pm
NoLongerLurking wrote:
yosef13 wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:

I do take a look at a lot of our opponents boards leading up to games. You get insight to their concerns about you and themselves.
I visit the ASU board every now and then. And of course, to monitor meltdowns on the Flight Line.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:39 pm

NoLongerLurking wrote:
yosef13 wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:

I have been posting over there under the same name here. They did edit my avatar just so every one knows. They put the Hot, Hot, Hot on my avatar. It gave me a chuckle.

I have probably been posting more than I should but it has been interesting, and it is summer time.

I have tried to be respectful. Some did not care for my posts that make App look good such as this article, and I have given them plenty of self-deprecating humor. I try to be respectful and at times humorous. Kill them with kindness and as a guest I will show them respect, even when one person on their board "wished I had either been mugged or murdered." when I gave, what I thought, was a nice review of their campus from a visit this past spring. Their are immature folks on all message boards. I am just glad we don't have many here.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:24 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:39 pm
NoLongerLurking wrote:
yosef13 wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:

I have been posting over there under the same name here. They did edit my avatar just so every one knows. They put the Hot, Hot, Hot on my avatar. It gave me a chuckle.

I have probably been posting more than I should but it has been interesting, and it is summer time.

I have tried to be respectful. Some did not care for my posts that make App look good such as this article, and I have given them plenty of self-deprecating humor. I try to be respectful and at times humorous. Kill them with kindness and as a guest I will show them respect, even when one person on their board "wished I had either been mugged or murdered." when I gave, what I thought, was a nice review of their campus from a visit this past spring. Their are immature folks on all message boards. I am just glad we don't have many here.
Have a link? The organization of the boards confused me when I tried to read.

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:26 pm

Good link. Yes I'm biased, but I've been to a lot of sporting events at a lot of different venues, and I can say what we have is special

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:45 am

NoLongerLurking wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:24 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:39 pm
NoLongerLurking wrote:
yosef13 wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:

Have a link? The organization of the boards confused me when I tried to read.
Ghostofclt (also posts on CSNbbs) started the thread last August. He has changed the thread title a few times and that in turn may change the URL but here it is along with my way to many posts.

https://forums.ninernation.net/t/clt-s- ... otte/31023
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:54 am

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:45 pm
bigCasu wrote:
I'd be willing to bet that folks will make new paths fairly easily. The tough part will be 2019 when even alternate paths are likely to be blocked by construction fences. Once construction is done, we'll find new ways soon enough.

At many of the older university campuses the current sidewalks / paths were developed after the students had created the route by constant use.

I'm actually pretty optimistic about the whole thing, though I'm not looking forward to the construction phase. I'm currently pretty close to the stadium in the stadium lot. Who knows where I might end up two years from now ... stadium deck, Duncan, Greenwood? Wherever my parking space might be, Boone will still be #1 in my book for top college football towns.
I completely agree that we'll find new paths, but those paths might not take you through a tailgate lot, where you typically can meet with people briefly. Currently, its tough to avoid stadium lot when making your way in. In the future, it might be easier to avoid.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”