Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App State, Boone, NC #15/100 Top College Football Towns in America

QueencityApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: App State, Boone, NC #16/100 Top College Football Towns in America

Unread post by QueencityApp » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:14 am

Perhaps this construction obstacle will force the band to march up Stadium Drive like they used to. Construction zones are always a mess but looking forward to the finished product.

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:09 pm

QueencityApp wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:14 am
Perhaps this construction obstacle will force the band to march up Stadium Drive like they used to. Construction zones are always a mess but looking forward to the finished product.
No one will want to march up that hill. haha. They'll just find a new route through the new parking lots and quad area I'm sure.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:16 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:45 am
NoLongerLurking wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:24 pm
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:39 pm
NoLongerLurking wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:06 pm
yosef13 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:02 pm

I've never really had a problem with them before this year. Some of them have some deep rooted hate for Boone and App. That's cool, I guess. They aren't going to like us much better in a few weeks.

If we find ourselves in a conference with them in the future, which is likely, this could become a nasty rivalry.

On the other hand, Penn St fans have been giving us a lot of respect coming in. This is by far the most respect I've ever witnessed App get from a P5 fan base. Hopefully we can give them a show.
How do you'ns know what they think? Stalking their message boards?
I have been posting over there under the same name here. They did edit my avatar just so every one knows. They put the Hot, Hot, Hot on my avatar. It gave me a chuckle.

I have probably been posting more than I should but it has been interesting, and it is summer time.

I have tried to be respectful. Some did not care for my posts that make App look good such as this article, and I have given them plenty of self-deprecating humor. I try to be respectful and at times humorous. Kill them with kindness and as a guest I will show them respect, even when one person on their board "wished I had either been mugged or murdered." when I gave, what I thought, was a nice review of their campus from a visit this past spring. Their are immature folks on all message boards. I am just glad we don't have many here.
Have a link? The organization of the boards confused me when I tried to read.
Ghostofclt (also posts on CSNbbs) started the thread last August. He has changed the thread title a few times and that in turn may change the URL but here it is along with my way to many posts.

https://forums.ninernation.net/t/clt-s- ... otte/31023
That black background is useless.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:15 pm

Some of y'all act like we have to walk up the Knob to make it into a game. It isn't that bad...

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:17 pm

NewApp wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:16 pm
NoLongerLurking wrote:
NoLongerLurking wrote:

I have been posting over there under the same name here. They did edit my avatar just so every one knows. They put the Hot, Hot, Hot on my avatar. It gave me a chuckle.

I have probably been posting more than I should but it has been interesting, and it is summer time.

I have tried to be respectful. Some did not care for my posts that make App look good such as this article, and I have given them plenty of self-deprecating humor. I try to be respectful and at times humorous. Kill them with kindness and as a guest I will show them respect, even when one person on their board "wished I had either been mugged or murdered." when I gave, what I thought, was a nice review of their campus from a visit this past spring. Their are immature folks on all message boards. I am just glad we don't have many here.
Ghostofclt (also posts on CSNbbs) started the thread last August. He has changed the thread title a few times and that in turn may change the URL but here it is along with my way to many posts.

That black background is useless.
I am certainly not print a screen dump of that website, but it is nice at night for me.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

yosef13

Unread post by yosef13 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:43 am

NoLongerLurking wrote:
NoLongerLurking wrote:
yosef13 wrote:

I've never really had a problem with them before this year. Some of them have some deep rooted hate for Boone and App. That's cool, I guess. They aren't going to like us much better in a few weeks.

If we find ourselves in a conference with them in the future, which is likely, this could become a nasty rivalry.

On the other hand, Penn St fans have been giving us a lot of respect coming in. This is by far the most respect I've ever witnessed App get from a P5 fan base. Hopefully we can give them a show.

Yeah McLean, I think it's time to give it a break. The discussion has become toxic over there. I know you are trying to be respectful and constructive, but they don't see it that way.

Their program is in the gutter right now, and you being there only makes it worse. You are only pushing their buttons and it's creating a lot of negative discussion.

Some of them are making some terrible claims about our students and the town of Boone, but if you address it, it will only make it worse. Take the high road.

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:55 pm

bigCasu wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:54 am
DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:45 pm
bigCasu wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:06 pm
I'm not sure anyone can say that say that with any confidence. We are essentially splitting stadium parking lot in half and moving them away from the typical route that people outside of the stadium parking lot currently walk through to get to the actual football stadium. On top of that, some will be moved to a parking deck based on request. I'm skeptical at this point.
I'd be willing to bet that folks will make new paths fairly easily. The tough part will be 2019 when even alternate paths are likely to be blocked by construction fences. Once construction is done, we'll find new ways soon enough.

At many of the older university campuses the current sidewalks / paths were developed after the students had created the route by constant use.

I'm actually pretty optimistic about the whole thing, though I'm not looking forward to the construction phase. I'm currently pretty close to the stadium in the stadium lot. Who knows where I might end up two years from now ... stadium deck, Duncan, Greenwood? Wherever my parking space might be, Boone will still be #1 in my book for top college football towns.
I completely agree that we'll find new paths, but those paths might not take you through a tailgate lot, where you typically can meet with people briefly. Currently, its tough to avoid stadium lot when making your way in. In the future, it might be easier to avoid.
Surely you’re not saying you want to avoid the stadium lot?? You know I’d offer you a beer anytime you walk through.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:01 am

NoLongerLurking wrote:
yosef13 wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:45 pm
Great article and all true. College of Concord at NC-Harrisburg is not taking it well. They are waiting for a Top 100 POTENTIAL.....list. :lol:

Absolutely visiting other school message boards. UNCC students for the most part couldn’t get admitted to App. They will tell you it wasn’t their first choice but that is BS. My wife, a HS guidance counselor shares with numbers with me. From her school those who were denied from App go to UNCC or ECU as their fallback. Combine that with the early failure of their football program and that fuels the vitriol you see on their board.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:25 pm

GregPercussion wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:39 pm
Nifty article, says we're the highest rated in G5 schools.

https://herosports.com/college-football ... lachian-ne positionstate-cncn

GregPercussion, could we convince you to perform an edit to your post to change the Subject Line (Title) to #15? That one position will drive the UNCC masses into even deeper delusion. And the #15 position is accurate. :lol: :lol:

JFYI, no one can make that change but you or one of the mods. ;)
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:42 am

appfanz wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:55 pm
bigCasu wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:54 am
DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:45 pm
bigCasu wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:06 pm
I'm not sure anyone can say that say that with any confidence. We are essentially splitting stadium parking lot in half and moving them away from the typical route that people outside of the stadium parking lot currently walk through to get to the actual football stadium. On top of that, some will be moved to a parking deck based on request. I'm skeptical at this point.
I'd be willing to bet that folks will make new paths fairly easily. The tough part will be 2019 when even alternate paths are likely to be blocked by construction fences. Once construction is done, we'll find new ways soon enough.

At many of the older university campuses the current sidewalks / paths were developed after the students had created the route by constant use.

I'm actually pretty optimistic about the whole thing, though I'm not looking forward to the construction phase. I'm currently pretty close to the stadium in the stadium lot. Who knows where I might end up two years from now ... stadium deck, Duncan, Greenwood? Wherever my parking space might be, Boone will still be #1 in my book for top college football towns.
I completely agree that we'll find new paths, but those paths might not take you through a tailgate lot, where you typically can meet with people briefly. Currently, its tough to avoid stadium lot when making your way in. In the future, it might be easier to avoid.
Surely you’re not saying you want to avoid the stadium lot?? You know I’d offer you a beer anytime you walk through.
No, quite the opposite actually. I love being able to walk through there as we are walking in. Afraid we'll lose that in the future.

GregPercussion

Re: App State, Boone, NC #15/100 Top College Football Towns in America

Unread post by GregPercussion » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:04 am

asu66 wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:25 pm
GregPercussion wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:39 pm
Nifty article, says we're the highest rated in G5 schools.

https://herosports.com/college-football ... lachian-ne positionstate-cncn

GregPercussion, could we convince you to perform an edit to your post to change the Subject Line (Title) to #15? That one position will drive the UNCC masses into even deeper delusion. And the #15 position is accurate. :lol: :lol:

JFYI, no one can make that change but you or one of the mods. ;)
It has been done! #15!

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:15 am

bigCasu wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:42 am

No, quite the opposite actually. I love being able to walk through there as we are walking in. Afraid we'll lose that in the future.
Yet you never stop by to say "hello"? I'm hurt! :cry:
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

GoNiners16
School: Charlotte

Unread post by GoNiners16 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:07 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:01 am
NoLongerLurking wrote:
yosef13 wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:45 pm
Great article and all true. College of Concord at NC-Harrisburg is not taking it well. They are waiting for a Top 100 POTENTIAL.....list. :lol:

Absolutely visiting other school message boards. UNCC students for the most part couldn’t get admitted to App. They will tell you it wasn’t their first choice but that is BS. My wife, a HS guidance counselor shares with numbers with me. From her school those who were denied from App go to UNCC or ECU as their fallback. Combine that with the early failure of their football program and that fuels the vitriol you see on their board.
The numbers are close enough that either fan base talking negatively about the other schools academics is silly.
Attachments
App vs UNC Charlotte.PNG

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”