Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

#10Strong

AAPP1
School: Appalachian State

#10Strong

Unread post by AAPP1 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:47 am

Maybe I just missed this or don't know the context. Can anyone give me the story or idea behind this hastag for our football team... Thank you

GregPercussion

Re: #10Strong

Unread post by GregPercussion » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:56 am

AAPP1 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:47 am
Maybe I just missed this or don't know the context. Can anyone give me the story or idea behind this hastag for our football team... Thank you
It’s a slogan that was devised early in the offseason and meant to carry through the completion of the campaign that commences Sept. 1, when the Mountaineers visit Penn State.

So, what is #10Strong?

It’s a leadership effort where the coaching staff broke down the team into 10 parts with each assigned a leader for that group. The groups are quarterbacks, tight ends, receivers, offensive line, running backs, defensive line, outside linebackers, inside linebackers, the secondary and special teams.

So what does “#10 Strong” mean, and how did it materialize?

“So, what we did, we took a leader from each of those groups in the offseason, (strength and conditioning) coach Mike (Sirignano) and myself, we met once a week and we went over a John Gordon book, The Energy Bus, and it’s basically different aspects of leadership,” App State Coach Scott Satterfield said.

“It’s a great time for us to share with each other stories and how far they’ve come as players. And for them, to take what we’ve learned throughout that week and apply it to their position group. They did that throughout the spring, throughout summer, and will continue this leadership study throughout this fall, as well.”

It's a group of 10 leaders for the team, which as of now are

Jalin Moore (RB)

Brad Absher (WR)

Victor Johnson (OL)

Zeb Speir (QB)

Collin Reed (TE)

MyQuon Stout (DL)

Anthony Flory (ILB)

Akeem Davis-Gaither (OLB)

Josh Thomas (DB)

Elias McMurry (ST)

Source & More: https://appalachianstate.rivals.com/new ... ong-stuff-

AAPP1

Unread post by AAPP1 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:46 pm

Perfect. Thank you for that.

getmyjive11
School: Penn State

Unread post by getmyjive11 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:24 pm

Rutgers has this same slogan. I think it was taken from OSU when Chris Ash was there. As stated, it represents the 10 position units on the team.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”