Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Official penn St thread

Appftw
School: Appalachian State

Re: Official penn St thread

Unread post by Appftw » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:27 am

Their older fans were pretty gracious, but walking through that campus to the stadium was a little harrowing. GaSo fans were more hospitable in my experience. Lots of “Appalayshun State sucks” and when they went up 2 scores the Penn State fans near me became incredibly obnoxious (yelling directly at App fans that we looked tired and that their little sister played better football). We tried to ignore it but the guy just kept yelling directly at us and it almost got ugly. I’ve been to every P5 game we played in the past 4 years and this is the only time I ran into this many a-holes. Musta been a bunch of Philadelphia eagles fans.

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:52 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:15 am
NO.2 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:03 am
Gonzo wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:09 pm
appbio91 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:05 pm
Coach just mentioned officiating in post game, in a round about way. Said he lost his composure on a few calls.
I’m glad. You never want to sound like sour grapes but this occasion called for SOMETHING to be said. I’m glad Satt has the nerve to tell the truth about the way the game was called, albeit appropriately tempered given the context.

We could see him raising hell from our seats all the way up in the stratosphere. A lot of those calls were downright ridiculous.

I'm surlrised that we still have fans with the "little old App State" mentality. During PSU's pregame Alma Mater the entire upper App section was chanting for our boys. The couple sitting behind me had the fucking nerve to say "Well we don't deserve to win after doing that." Let that sink in... :roll:
It was very disrespectful to be chanting during their alma mater especially after the hospitality of the PSU fans... let that sink in.
I respectfully disagree. We don’t show up to bend over and take one from a P5 team, we show up to get loud and support our team. No one was chanting anything negative towards PSU, that would be different.

Would you feel the same way if it were Georgia Southern or Troy?

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:14 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
NO.2 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
appbio91 wrote:
Coach just mentioned officiating in post game, in a round about way. Said he lost his composure on a few calls.
I’m glad. You never want to sound like sour grapes but this occasion called for SOMETHING to be said. I’m glad Satt has the nerve to tell the truth about the way the game was called, albeit appropriately tempered given the context.

We could see him raising hell from our seats all the way up in the stratosphere. A lot of those calls were downright ridiculous.

I'm surlrised that we still have fans with the "little old App State" mentality. During PSU's pregame Alma Mater the entire upper App section was chanting for our boys. The couple sitting behind me had the fucking nerve to say "Well we don't deserve to win after doing that." Let that sink in... :roll:
It was very disrespectful to be chanting during their alma mater especially after the hospitality of the PSU fans... let that sink in.
I can imagine how incensed some of those very people would be if a group of opposing fans did that in KBS. It's called class. Never hurts to show it.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:17 pm

NO.2 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:52 am
Rekdiver wrote:
NO.2 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
appbio91 wrote:

I respectfully disagree. We don’t show up to bend over and take one from a P5 team, we show up to get loud and support our team. No one was chanting anything negative towards PSU, that would be different.

A time and a place for such chanting. If done intentionally at that moment, then that's poor taste. It's got nothing to do with "bending over."

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:24 pm

hapapp wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:14 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
NO.2 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
appbio91 wrote:

I can imagine how incensed some of those very people would be if a group of opposing fans did that in KBS. It's called class. Never hurts to show it.
Agreed. But if anyone wants to do that this Saturday... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:35 pm

NO.2 wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
NO.2 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
appbio91 wrote:
You damn straight I would. If I was at

Damn straight I would at
GSU or any school I would show respect for the alma mater. I think I would be very angry if Any School cheered over ours. To do so is classless . I hope we don’t reinforce a hillbilly image at CLT next week.
Last edited by Rekdiver on Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:34 pm

I’m actually really sad we lost this game, because we had three different moments where we should have won it outright:

When we scored the TD a little too early (If Moore goes down in bounds after getting the 1st down, we can drain the clock and chip shot a FG). I can’t blame him for going in to the end zone though, who’s could?

When it was 4th and 2 and Penn State converted with like 1 minute left.

The 56 yard field goal miss.

If any three of these moments went our way, we win. It seems like we really didn’t catch any breaks and still took Penn State to the limit. I’m sour because, unlike some of our othe P5 games, we flat out should have won this one. Should, not could.

So proud of the team, they were awesome. The coaching staff too. I blamed the TN loss on kicking and clock management. I thought Satterfield was excellent yesterday. On to Charlotte!
YNWA

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:08 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:35 pm
NO.2 wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
NO.2 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

You damn straight I would. If I was at

GSU or any school I would show respect for the alma mater. I think I would be very angry if Any School cheered over ours. To do so is classes. I hope we don’t reinforce a hillbilly image at CLT next week.
You have to remember that we were easily out numbered 50:1 in that stadium, I doubt our chants impacted anyone's ability to hear the band.

Regardless of whether that was classless or not, saying that our team "doesn't deserve to win" is an absolute no-go and a total embarrassment.

smokeybandit
School: Penn State

Unread post by smokeybandit » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:21 pm

Personally I thought it was kind of cool to see an opponent's fans chant loud enough to be heard over the alma mater

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:41 pm

Oh they heard us!!! Talked to several on campus today and they said we were loud. The point is there is a time for it all game and pregame sans The National Anthem and a schools alms mater.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:58 pm

Still replaying this one in my head. I’ve got the same feeling I had when Beasley caught that ball in the end zone in Raleigh only to have it waived off by the official. One play. One play. This one or maybe that one. One. The kid coming out of the end zone with our final kickoff. Had a shot at him inside the 10. I’ll feel this one awhile , and never forget it. You know we can run the table at this point. I’m not saying we will , but we can. Ok. On to Charlotte ....

PSU_QBKeeper

Unread post by PSU_QBKeeper » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:57 am

Stonewall wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:58 pm
Still replaying this one in my head. I’ve got the same feeling I had when Beasley caught that ball in the end zone in Raleigh only to have it waived off by the official. One play. One play. This one or maybe that one. One. The kid coming out of the end zone with our final kickoff. Had a shot at him inside the 10. I’ll feel this one awhile , and never forget it. You know we can run the table at this point. I’m not saying we will , but we can. Ok. On to Charlotte ....
I'm sorry that you had to go through that feeling....that's football and I have been there plenty of times before and it sucks. I'm not sorry for the result of the game but you folks seem pretty cool and your team played very well and it is one of those times that I am sorry that a good hard playing team had to lose. It's the bummer part of sports.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:22 am

Off topic here, I was watching The BTN and the broadcasters were making their weekly predictions. Dave Wannstedt predicted that Pitt would beat PSU as evidenced by their performance against us, no respect for us whatsoever. I hope PSU runs the table, and this weekend beats the crap out of Pitt by a least three TDs! Wannstedt, what a jack ass!

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:30 am

WataugaMan wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:22 am
Off topic here, I was watching The BTN and the broadcasters were making their weekly predictions. Dave Wannstedt predicted that Pitt would beat PSU as evidenced by their performance against us, no respect for us whatsoever. I hope PSU runs the table, and this weekend beats the crap out of Pitt by a least three TDs! Wannstedt, what a jack ass!
Frankly, that's been the general response nationally. The take has been what's wrong with Penn State, less what a good performance by App State. It's impossible, in most cases, to judge a season by the season opener. It may turn out that PSU is not as good as many thought. Or, they could run the table.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:36 am

I know both teams are a hell of a lot better than the "experts" think, time will tell.

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:49 am

Add this game to the list of losses that keep me awake at night...

Great game, the team really showed up. I was very impressed by Zac Thomas and the new defense players. If we can keep that momentum it should be a good season for us. Go Apps.

getmyjive11

Unread post by getmyjive11 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:31 am

WataugaMan wrote:
It doesn’t take much for Wanny (Pitt grad and former Pitt coach) to pick Pitt over PSU.

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:45 am

WataugaMan wrote:
Just remember that Mr. Wannstedt coached at Pitt, and was the dumbass that didn't recognize Joe Flacco's talent (leading Joe to transfer to Delaware). He wouldn't know is a$$ from a hole in the ground.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:47 am

Flacco didn't impress me the time I saw him play....

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:49 am

hapapp wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:30 am
WataugaMan wrote:
Frankly, that's been the general response nationally. The take has been what's wrong with Penn State, less what a good performance by App State. It's impossible, in most cases, to judge a season by the season opener. It may turn out that PSU is not as good as many thought. Or, they could run the table.
Not necessarily hap. ESPN radio has been talking about how underrated APP is and how we should be taken more seriously.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”