Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UNCC Week

AppinATL
School: Appalachian State

Re: UNCC Week

Unread post by AppinATL » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:15 pm

That’s more like it guys! Good stuff.
Harrumph, harrumph!

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:00 pm

GoBoone wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:50 pm
Jalin Moore Jr is gonna run all over UNCC. Write it down!
Probably will while he is playing. I expect some starters not to play much after the half. Can’t get hurt if the game is in hand.

App74

Unread post by App74 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:14 pm

app97

Unread post by app97 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:22 pm

I hope we pummel uncc as much as anyone, but also realize that the opening OT loss to Tennessee a couple of years ago was probably our best performance that season until the bowl game. We never seemed to get over the disappointment enough to rise back to that level..or may the sunbelt is just not near as interesting as playing in front of over 100,000 fans.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:54 am

My thing with UNCC is maybe a little jealousy, but it's jealousy in the way of "what have you actually done to be where you're at?" And the answer is nothing. The only reason why they're in C-USA is because they're in a major metropolitan area, and that's it. And it really chaps me with that conference and all their "startup" teams that they have in their ranks and the utter post-season failures of C-USA over the last few years has been a testament to that hollow ideology that a program's success is defined on its geographical location.

UNCC, UTSA, FIU, FAU, ODU*...all of them started programs after 2000 and none of them have anything to show for it. Yeah, they have the television markets, but where's the hardware? Where's the legacy? The tradition? The rivalries? If you think about it, if anyone should move up to C-USA in the near future it should be Georgia State because they'd fit right in there with young programs with nothing to show for themselves except a big market and a knack for losing to FCS teams.

Yeah, Boone might be that "tiny town in the mountains of North Carolina," but damn it, we have a legacy. We have championships, we have rivalries, we have a long storied tradition of kicking ass and taking names and being the big fish in the little ponds for decades. And as much as we make fun of that hole-in-the-wall backwater of Statesboro, they're in the same boat. So what if they're out in the sticks? So are places like Clemson, South Carolina, Starkville, Mississippi and State College, Pennsylvania..but they don't seem to have a problem getting recruits and wins. Because they all have that rich history behind those schools and most importantly a fan base which supports them.

So, I really hope we send a message to Judy McLeod and the rest of Conference-USA about how the quality of your program really does trump the quantity of potential eyeballs watching your product (and hint: if your product sucks, it doesn't matter about the size of your market, nobody's going to watch your product regardless.) Schools like UNCC and UTSA were fast tracked into a situation I personally don't think they earned and just cheapens the conference, yet for some reason or another it's held in a higher regard than the "doormat conference" of the Sunbelt despite us having probably the best G5 conference the last couple of years.

So I hope we go and black out the stadium, I hope it looks like South Boone in East Charlotte, and I hope we put on a clinic on what an established football team which spent ample time establishing itself in the FCS before successfully moving up to FBS actually looks like.

- Rant over

/really tired, lol

*ODU at least did it's time in the FCS and did rather well in the Colonial Conference so they're not really in line with the other aforementioned schools, but it still bugs me that they were picked over us despite our program being far more qualified than theirs.
Last edited by hotrod2001 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

APPRIDE

Unread post by APPRIDE » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:33 am

nail, meet hammer!

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:56 am

I hope we get in there, don't start too cocky, and get the job done like when we played Toledo last year. Take them down.

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:21 am

app97 wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:22 pm
I hope we pummel uncc as much as anyone, but also realize that the opening OT loss to Tennessee a couple of years ago was probably our best performance that season until the bowl game. We never seemed to get over the disappointment enough to rise back to that level..or may the sunbelt is just not near as interesting as playing in front of over 100,000 fans.
Obviously I can't speak for the team, but I'd have a hard time believing that would be the case after this game. I was devastated walking out of Neyland in 2016 and I honestly can't say that about the way I felt leaving Beaver on Saturday. Was I upset that we let it slip away? Absolutely, but we played so much better this time around than we did against UT and I think that's the difference.

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:34 am

Sunbelt > CUSA
App State = best program in either

Just win. Any questions?

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:46 am

Legitimate concern. We were in a funk for weeks after the Wake game.Need to bounce back strong and spank C .

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:50 am

Whiner fans are so desperate to spin this one that they are saying that if we don't beat them by 14 or more, they win. That's the mindset of a Bottom 10 program if I ever heard one. Run it up!

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:04 am

MAD Doctor wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:50 am
Whiner fans are so desperate to spin this one that they are saying that if we don't beat them by 14 or more, they win. That's the mindset of a Bottom 10 program if I ever heard one. Run it up!
My goodness that's pathetic.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:35 am

Gonzo wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:04 am
MAD Doctor wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:50 am
My goodness that's pathetic.
They dont talk football on their board anyway....grammar, tired old hillbilly jokes, personal insults, institution insults.....must be transfers from Georgia Southern. Pretty comical...and they get to use profanity on their board!!!

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:47 am

Yes their board... according to them that higher institution compared to App, but that board brings anyone's IQ down a lot.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:52 am

Granted I have been on their board for months and have been a bit passive-aggressive with a few posts. And I do try and be respectful and hand out a good dose of self-depracating humor about myself and even App. It is their board.

However I was posting some very nice and honest thoughts about a quick drive through their campus over the summer while I was in the area picking up some items from the Ikea. (They do have a nice campus and though small the football stadium has a clean look to it that will allow for expansion.)

One of their posters wished I had been "mugged and then murdered" while on campus.

That is one reason I kept posting. Just to get under the skin on this one person.

On a side note, and we generally do a decent job of this, but be gracious hosts on this board and as Daphne said lets be gracious hosts in Charlotte as well- and let's kick some 49'er ass.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:58 pm

This game scares me. It's the same feeling I had before the final Jug game vs Western Carolina. We absolutely CAN NOT lose to them. It's a trap game, it's the game they've circled on their schedule. Just cannot afford a let down after this past weekend.

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:03 pm

I don't think for a second that UNCC will sneak up on our coaches and players. I think they're fully prepared, and I understand we came out of Saturday with few (if any) injuries, no?

With the exception of a few of the penalties, I saw discipline Saturday. And a whole lot of talent--some honed, some still a little rough.

I trust our coaches, and I hope their bulletin boards are covered with every scrap of material about how glorious UNCC is.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:29 pm

Edited.
Last edited by MAD Doctor on Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:31 pm

appchicago wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:03 pm
I don't think for a second that UNCC will sneak up on our coaches and players. I think they're fully prepared, and I understand we came out of Saturday with few (if any) injuries, no?

With the exception of a few of the penalties, I saw discipline Saturday. And a whole lot of talent--some honed, some still a little rough.

I trust our coaches, and I hope their bulletin boards are covered with every scrap of material about how glorious UNCC is.
Agree. A good thing about having an alum as head coach is that he knows how much the game means to the fan base, despite the fact that the opposition is garbage. Satt gets it- the boys will be ready.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:28 pm

canes_mj wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:58 pm
This game scares me. It's the same feeling I had before the final Jug game vs Western Carolina. We absolutely CAN NOT lose to them. It's a trap game, it's the game they've circled on their schedule. Just cannot afford a let down after this past weekend.
Yeah but to be fair, we've had this game circled for three years, despite UNCC being a dumpster fire of a program. We're angry about these guys. They come into our back yard and think they're going to be the darling of the NCAA and that they're going to poach the hell out of our roster. There's nothing App wants to do more than to "Welcome" the 49ers to college football and show them how far they still have to go before that program is viable.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”