Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UNCC Week

Gonzo
School: Appalachian State

UNCC Week

Unread post by Gonzo » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:35 am

It’s been a long time coming. A reckoning. The day UNC Charlotte voted to add football their fans took to the internet and without any instigation on our part pronounced Appalachian football DEAD, simply by virtue of UNCC having a team. They were going to take our recruits. Who would want to play in Boone when you could play in Charlotte? Western NC finally had a REAL team in a REAL city. Who needs an App State?

Fast forward to today. Appalachian takes yet another top tier P5 powerhouse to the wire. UNCC struggles woefully to beat a Patriot League school that finished 4-7 last season. You might call their prognosis incorrect. They were wrong obviously, but their narrative has only slightly shifted. Indeed, they still think they’re “one coaching hire away” from from all those same claims. If they had a decent coach, they’d be better. And if they’re better, Appalachian State is toast.

UNCC has graduated multiple classes of players. This is no longer a “start up.” This is a run of the mill garbage program. They’re not garbage because of Judy Rose. They’re not garbage because of Brad Lambert or Philip Debois. They’re garbage because UNCC does not, never has, and never will offer a decent college experience. University City is devoid of all culture and college atmosphere. It’s a series of chain restaurants vying for the business of students before they drive home for the weekend. Its status as a college cultural wasteland is apparent to ANYONE, whether they merely drive through the area once in their life, attend UNCC for four years or stop by for a football recruiting visit. It doesn’t inspire any sort of emotional investment from its students, alumni, and players and no football coach of AD is going to be able to change that.

As an App fan, I hope we do what I expect us to do to them. As a human being, I pray to the eternal deity, whatever its form, to grant them mercy next Saturday. God help them.

Deano

Re: UNCC Week

Unread post by Deano » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:19 am

I think most of us remember the chest thumping and rhetoric coming from the UNCC crowd once they were selected to go to ConfUSA over us. They thought they would be competing for a national championship in just a couple years. Well things didn't turn out that way for them. My stepson is about to graduate UNCC, and when he chose to go there I asked him what made his decision about the place, he said it was the welcoming feeling he got during the student visit, and the fact that they have built up so many new buildings. Well today even he admits that the sports program there is just abysmal. The students don't attend or care about their football team but who wants to watch a team lose year in and year out. I believe the APP vs UNCC game for them is their superbowl. This game will break attendance records. They would love to do to us what we did to Michigan. I would love to put up 70 on them with no mercy, but Scott is not that kind of coach he'll probably let off the gas long before then. I just hope we don't play down to our competition, and I hope that we just keep getting better.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:28 am

Can't even find a betting line for this game. This does not need to be a trap game. But I don't believe the 2018 App State team has let down in their system. They will want to prove a point for the next 13 games!

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:40 am

Yes they have to focus each week. Can’t get a big from the “moral victory”.

Betting lines may not be out yet. I would assume it would be in the 30 point favorite range.

I look forward to an evening game down there. Even though I’ll have my daughter with me and am old so no heavy tailgating. At least it should be a bit cooler.

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:38 am

I have never cared so much about beating a bad team. I want to pummel them for 60 minutes. Show them the gap in our 2 programs.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:57 am

Most of their fans on nn.n know the truth. There are a few that are living in some bizarro world but most know.

With that said I do want to give them an beat-down the likes of which songs will be sung and stories with be told for generations after the game of football has lost all meaning and no one even knows the rules.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

97grad

Unread post by 97grad » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:04 pm

I'd love to see us hang 50+ on them, but I'm guessing Coach Visor will take his foot off the gas before things get as bad as many of us would like to see.

manonabuffalo

Unread post by manonabuffalo » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:10 pm

This has been a long time coming, UNCC and the fans that still remain supporting them have and always will get under my skin as a App fan and graduate. Why does this hate exist beyond what I feel when we lace them up against Ga Southern? Its about respect plain and simple, Ga Southern talks crap but they have history and tradition to back a lot of it up. We have mutual respect because they often see that same history and tradition in us and it cemented our bond when we moved up to the SBC together.

With UNCC we have none of that, they are the brats pissing into the wind wondering why it keeps hitting their shorts, face, and shoes while making fun of our schools tradition, history, culture and downgrading our accomplishments at every turn. This is different, I hate them openly and they are the worst type of people because respect is earned and they haven't earned anything. They arrived to the party late, made outrageous claims and boasts before hitting the dance floor, told us the punch bowl was no longer ours, took the best seat in room or so they thought (Conference USA), farted in their seat then have the audacity to tell us it's still better than the one we earned.

We don't respect UNCC one shred, I hope the scoreboard runs out of space for what we put on you Saturday, I hope you see the Mountaineer fans filling your parking lots, stadium, campus and dwell on what you must accomplish to be respected. I hope you realize you have what you have because your school sits next to a city with people who fail to know you exist unless little Johnny wants to live in the basement while going to college conveniently. I know regardless of how bad we run the score up you won't, but that is okay, just don't tell me your farts don't smell when all the App fans with half a brain already know better.

-Grady Davis '17 - forever

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:38 pm

97grad wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:04 pm
I'd love to see us hang 50+ on them, but I'm guessing Coach Visor will take his foot off the gas before things get as bad as many of us would like to see.
If that's the case, then it will be up to our backups and walk-ons to continue the a$$-whoopin. They can finish the job.

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:41 pm

manonabuffalo wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:10 pm
This has been a long time coming, UNCC and the fans that still remain supporting them have and always will get under my skin as a App fan and graduate. Why does this hate exist beyond what I feel when we lace them up against Ga Southern? Its about respect plain and simple, Ga Southern talks crap but they have history and tradition to back a lot of it up. We have mutual respect because they often see that same history and tradition in us and it cemented our bond when we moved up to the SBC together.

With UNCC we have none of that, they are the brats pissing into the wind wondering why it keeps hitting their shorts, face, and shoes while making fun of our schools tradition, history, culture and downgrading our accomplishments at every turn. This is different, I hate them openly and they are the worst type of people because respect is earned and they haven't earned anything. They arrived to the party late, made outrageous claims and boasts before hitting the dance floor, told us the punch bowl was no longer ours, took the best seat in room or so they thought (Conference USA), farted in their seat then have the audacity to tell us it's still better than the one we earned.

We don't respect UNCC one shred, I hope the scoreboard runs out of space for what we put on you Saturday, I hope you see the Mountaineer fans filling your parking lots, stadium, campus and dwell on what you must accomplish to be respected. I hope you realize you have what you have because your school sits next to a city with people who fail to know you exist unless little Johnny wants to live in the basement while going to college conveniently. I know regardless of how bad we run the score up you won't, but that is okay, just don't tell me your farts don't smell when all the App fans with half a brain already know better.

-Grady Davis '17 - forever
Buffalo, you use your tongue prettier than a $10 whore!

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:33 pm

The thread should read UNCC Weak.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:53 pm

I want the beat down to be so bad that Homer rises from the grave and wrotes an ode that makes the Illiad read like something from a preschooler.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:59 pm

I want our line to hit so hard the unit of force is renamed from Newton to Mountaineer.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:04 pm

Saw BigC post the opening line: App -13
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:06 pm

Wow.......

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:13 pm

moonshine wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:04 pm
Saw BigC post the opening line: App -13
Hello, Vegas? I could use another house.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:25 pm

Never put money on App games but seriously considering it.
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:34 pm

It is tempting, for sure.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

ASU84

Unread post by ASU84 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:37 pm

I don't have much disposable income but I have a personal banker. No, no, no....do not worry, I would never, I say never( and I never say never), would borrow money to bet. BTW, I'm a FF and medic, that's why I never say never. Boy, that's a whole lot of nevers for someone who doesn't use the word. -13. Really?

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:38 pm

Minus 13...after about 7:00 of the game

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”