Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

From PSU fan.

Chillisquaque1245
School: Penn State

From PSU fan.

Unread post by Chillisquaque1245 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:14 am

First of all I want to take time and express how amazed I am with your program. From your fans to your players and even your coaching staff, I say wow. You all have a football program that many in the country would be most envious of. I have often said that I only have one team that I root for and that is Penn State. But honestly, it is hard not to root for a team like Appalacian State. The way your team fights to the very end is something that any fan of college football should be able to appreciate. I will have to admit, sitting in the stands, watching that fourth-quarter go by, was one of the most difficult experiences I have ever had in Beaver Stadium. And on more than one occasion, I was convinced that we had lost. We were outcoached, and save one mistake at the end, we were outplayed nearly every step of the way. This is not a matter of something being special in the water in Boone North Carolina. Rather this is a team who is extremely well coached and whose players are 100% committed to executing their game plan without fear. You’ve earned a lot of respect here in Pennsylvania. Best of luck on the season.

YesAppCan
School: Appalachian State

Re: From PSU fan.

Unread post by YesAppCan » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:39 am

Thank you for the nice post Chillisquaque1245! Come visit sometime in Boone... You'll love it!

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:43 am

Much appreciated. Several fans bought my friends and I drinks when we went out after the game and each one said something similar. State College is a great town that I'd happily travel back to for another game.

BarefootApp

Unread post by BarefootApp » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:29 am

From the standing ovation you gave our team after the game to the post-game comments of McSorley, a class act all around.
Now, go win the Natty.

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:52 pm

It is the water...a hard scrabble school way up on the mountain top...founded and dedicated to educating the educators of tomorrow....and now, look at us!
No one likes to lose but I’m not gloomy, just makes me more thirsty...drink up everybody!

appbanker

Unread post by appbanker » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:33 pm

Thank you for the kind comments. I’ve seen lots of references to McSorley’s comments, but Coach Franklin also was very complementary of App as well. In his on field interview after the game he took time to recognize App before answering any questions from the reporter.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:54 pm

The Penn state fans would not be as gracious had they lost. See Michigan 07. I hope Penn State looses enough games to get knocked down to a lower bowl where a one loss App State team can get a fair shake at them with some refs that arent quite as biased. Never happen but I sure would love another shot at wrecking their program.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:26 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:54 pm
The Penn state fans would not be as gracious had they lost. See Michigan 07. I hope Penn State looses enough games to get knocked down to a lower bowl where a one loss App State team can get a fair shake at them with some refs that arent quite as biased. Never happen but I sure would love another shot at wrecking their program.
Win with class, lose with class.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:29 pm

All cliches....
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:26 pm
ASUTodd wrote:

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:38 am

ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:29 pm
All cliches...

Perhaps, but sincere, honorable and meaningful ones!
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:22 am

Any visiting Penn State fans, please ignore ASUtodd. He's been posting negative comments on multiple threads. He does not represent how most of us feel.

Outside of a minor gripe of penalties being a little lop-sided I have no problems with this game. Your DB just went up and made a play. If that ball is 6" lower the receiver probably makes the catch (or at least incomplete). I defend the decision to kick the FG. If the kicker says he can hit it, give him a shot. Gutsy play call.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

MDaniels84

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:39 am

APPdiesel wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:22 am
Any visiting Penn State fans, please ignore ASUtodd. He's been posting negative comments on multiple threads. He does not represent how most of us feel.

Outside of a minor gripe of penalties being a little lop-sided I have no problems with this game. Your DB just went up and made a play. If that ball is 6" lower the receiver probably makes the catch (or at least incomplete). I defend the decision to kick the FG. If the kicker says he can hit it, give him a shot. Gutsy play call.
Yeah Diesel, I remember seeing him hit the 53 yarder with room to spare last season. He has the leg.

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:02 am

APPdiesel wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:22 am

I liked the call to go for the field goal. If we hit it we win. Penn State's defender made a great physical play to end the game in OT.

The officiating for me was more than a minor gripe. NUMEROUS penalties were called when we were at either 2nd and short or 3rd and short and they were momentum changing penalties. Penn State was holding all day and it was never called.

Aside from that and aside from the loss it was a great day. Penn State fans treated us great, inviting into their tailgates offering us food and drink before and after the game.

smokeybandit

Unread post by smokeybandit » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:34 am

"Penn State was holding all day and it was never called."

Welcome to the Big Ten where holding never gets called.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:17 am

I think the penalties were a direct result in the different styles between the Sunbelt and the Big 10. The Big 10 fans told us up front that the refs don't call holding easily up there (unless they're playing Ohio State ...sound familiar?). Conversely, they Big 10 has no Triple option or Spread option teams. I prefer to believe that they weren't intentionally making bad calls. They were just seeing a style they weren't used to seeing and didn't know how to call it. I do think they made some bad calls.

Now...the "unsportsmanlike" call on the first series that kept the Penn State drive alive....that was BS. Technically it was there, but it was so ticky tack that it just seems ridiculous to call.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:38 am

smokeybandit wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:34 am
"Penn State was holding all day and it was never called."

Welcome to the Big Ten where holding never gets called.
That was mentioned earlier as well, and come to think of it, how many holding penalties did we have?

getmyjive11

Unread post by getmyjive11 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:48 am

I told you all that the Big Ten doesn’t call holding.

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:56 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:26 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
You are talking to somebody who has repeatedly shown he has no class.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:26 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:17 am
I think the penalties were a direct result in the different styles between the Sunbelt and the Big 10. The Big 10 fans told us up front that the refs don't call holding easily up there (unless they're playing Ohio State ...sound familiar?). Conversely, they Big 10 has no Triple option or Spread option teams. I prefer to believe that they weren't intentionally making bad calls. They were just seeing a style they weren't used to seeing and didn't know how to call it. I do think they made some bad calls.

Now...the "unsportsmanlike" call on the first series that kept the Penn State drive alive....that was BS. Technically it was there, but it was so ticky tack that it just seems ridiculous to call.
Perhaps, but it was early and no doubt the officials weren't going to tolerate it. Frankly, there's no place for that kind of display. Hopefully, he's learned a lesson.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:24 am

ASUTodd wrote:
I was at that game and the Michigan fans were very gracious, and I've never heard anyone who was there say anything different.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”