Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Tailgating at UNCC

Tripp4212
School: Appalachian State

Re: Tailgating at UNCC

Unread post by Tripp4212 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:27 pm

Lowcountry App wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:54 am
I have a spot in lot 25 and plan to tailgate. I just hope there’s a lot of App fans in 25. I don’t want my family to be surrounded by smart mouth punks.
We have a large group that will be in Lot 25 as well. Mixture of UNCC and ASU fans/alums, so us ASU fans will not be alone there. We are planning to get there between 1:30 and 2 in hopes of them letting us in early. Is lot 25 first come first serve/park?

kickass143

Unread post by kickass143 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:29 pm

I'm parking / tailgating in Union Deck with a few UNCC students that I guarantee won't be "Nasty" or "Smart Mouthed Punks". My son and a couple of his friends. Pretty good guys.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:34 pm

If anyone gets in the Union Deck early and has a large group of App fans in there let me know where. I probably won't be down until 3:30-4pm or so.

AAPP1

Unread post by AAPP1 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:48 am

I'm going to the purple deck at 11 am. Park at the entrance and drink outside my car and wait.

YOSEF WILLIS

Unread post by YOSEF WILLIS » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:56 am

We are in Purple West Deck as well. According to the UNC Charlotte website the lot opens at 2:00.

AAPP1

Unread post by AAPP1 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:25 am

YOSEF WILLIS wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:56 am
We are in Purple West Deck as well. According to the UNC Charlotte website the lot opens at 2:00.
That is why I am going to sit at the entrance. First come first serve.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:55 am

My son and I are meeting up with friends in the Union Deck. Anyone know where I can park in order to take the rail to that area? Is that possible? We would just ride in then walk to the deck and stadium

APPRIDE

Unread post by APPRIDE » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:28 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:55 am
My son and I are meeting up with friends in the Union Deck. Anyone know where I can park in order to take the rail to that area? Is that possible? We would just ride in then walk to the deck and stadium
yes, the on campus stop is up the street (Cameron) from the union deck...you can see it on Google maps.

Have heard the rumor that decks may open at 12:00, any confirmation on that?

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:03 pm

Just got an email saying all parking lots will open at 12.

AppStateMtneer

Unread post by AppStateMtneer » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:06 pm

biggie wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:03 pm
Just got an email saying all parking lots will open at 12.
Same..

Full email:
"We look forward to welcoming you to UNC Charlotte's campus on Saturday, September 8, 2018 for the Charlotte vs. Appalachian State football game. Due to the expected high volume of traffic, including many first-time visitors unfamiliar to campus, we will open all tailgate lots at Noon on Saturday, September 8. Future games will remain at the 4-hour prior to kickoff opening time.

FIRST TIME VISITORS
For those visiting us for the first time, welcome! Single game parking permits may be purchased in advance of game day for those purchasing single game tickets, visiting team guests, parents of players, etc. Single game permits may be purchased online by clicking here. Day of game onsite parking purchase will also be available at the Pink Cone Deck via cash only. For additional football parking information on campus, click here. The Ticket Office Will Call will open 2 hours prior to kickoff. The visiting player/guest team ticket entrance is located at Gate 3. Click Richardson Stadium Map to view gate locations.

ENTRANCES AND EXITS FOR TAILGATE LOTS AND PARKING DECKS
It is important that you familiarize yourself with the entry and exit points associated with the parking you secured in advance. A map of all parking locations can be found here. Shuttle stops are located in close walking distance from all tailgate lots. Shuttle service begins 2 hours prior to kickoff and concludes 1 hour after the game ends. We highly recommend you board the shuttles early to avoid delays getting to the stadium. You can also walk from all tailgating lots to the stadium. To further assist, please see the list below of all tailgate lots and their respective entry and exit points. These are the only means for accessing the tailgate lots on game day.

Gold Lot 23, Green CRI Lots 2, 2A, Green CRI Lots 3, 3A, 1 and 1A - Enter and exit campus via Hwy 29 (N. Tryon Street) at Institute Circle
Orange CRI Deck, Orange CRI ADA Deck - Enter and exit campus via Hwy 29 (N. Tryon Street) at JW Clay
Red Lot 25, Teal North Deck and Silver Lots 21/11 - Enter and exit campus via Mallard Creek Church Road to Mary Alexander Road. Traffic Control officers will direct you to the lots from there.
Yellow Union Deck, Magenta Lot 14, Purple West Deck, Purple West Deck Rooftop and Blue Lots 7/7A - Enter and exit campus via Hwy 49 (University City Blvd) at Cameron Boulevard.
Pink Cone Deck (Cash Sales - $20 - Day of Game Purchasers) - Enter campus at Hwy 49 (University City Blvd) at Broadrick Road (Main Campus Entrance). If you do not secure a parking permit in advance, you will need to proceed straight to the Pink Cone Deck for game day parking.

A-Z FAN GUIDE
To assist you in the planning process, please visit the A-Z Fan Guide where you will find information regarding tailgate policies, game day shuttles, Niner Team Walk, Norm's Village (Tailgate Guys), Norm's Tavern and other game day activities.

INCLEMENT WEATHER AND EVACUATION
We encourage fans to sign up for 49er Text Alerts in the event of inclement weather or evacuations. Fans can register to receive alerts beginning today by texting FortyNinerAlerts to 226787. In the event of weather delays or evacuations, information will be sent via text message to everyone who has opted in to receive the alerts. Standard text messaging fees apply.

When lightning is detected within 15 miles of campus, fans will be notified that there is lightning in the area. When lightning is detected within eight miles of campus, fans will be asked to evacuate the stadium.

Upon evacuation due to lightning, fans will be asked to return to their cars or to take shelter in one of the surrounding academic buildings (EPIC, Grigg or Duke Halls) or the CRI (Orange) Parking Deck. Once the “all clear” is given and stadium personnel and security have returned to their locations, gates will be reopened. Fans will need to show their ticket for re-entry.
As in all cases of emergency evacuation, we ask fans for their patience and understanding. Your safety is our top priority.

NINER TEAM WALK
The Niner Team Walk will take place at 3:49pm. Team buses will take Craver Road to Phillips Road and drop off at Jerry Richardson Stadium between Gates 2 and 3 across from the EPIC building. The team will exit the buses and walk to the Judy W. Rose Football Center taking the walkway past Norm’s Village. We encourage fans to head to the stadium for the Niner Team Walk to cheer on our Niners!

LYNX BLUE LINE LIGHT RAIL
For those riding the Lynx Blue Line light rail to campus, please note there are 2 stops close to campus. The stop at JW Clay places you near the football stadium. It is a short walk from the light rail stop to Jerry Richardson Stadium. And, there is shuttle service available once you reach the Orange CRI Deck. The stop at UNC Charlotte Main puts you near Red Lot 25 on campus. A shuttle stop is located near the exit to the light rail station. Either stop can be used to access the campus."

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:13 pm

Sucks you’d have to leave the stadium completely. How do they handle re-entry?

appbud

Unread post by appbud » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:19 pm

Show your ticket for re-entry.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:40 pm

APPRIDE wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:28 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:55 am
yes, the on campus stop is up the street (Cameron) from the union deck...you can see it on Google maps.

Have heard the rumor that decks may open at 12:00, any confirmation on that?
I can confirm gates open at noon!!?!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:43 pm

We look forward to welcoming you to UNC Charlotte's campus on Saturday, September 8, 2018 for the Charlotte vs. Appalachian State football game. Due to the expected high volume of traffic, including many first-time visitors unfamiliar to campus, we will open all tailgate lots at Noon on Saturday, September 8. Future games will remain at the 4-hour prior to kickoff opening time.

FIRST TIME VISITORS
For those visiting us for the first time, welcome! Single game parking permits may be purchased in advance of game day for those purchasing single game tickets, visiting team guests, parents of players, etc. Single game permits may be purchased online by clicking here. Day of game onsite parking purchase will also be available at the Pink Cone Deck via cash only. For additional football parking information on campus, click here. The Ticket Office Will Call will open 2 hours prior to kickoff. The visiting player/guest team ticket entrance is located at Gate 3. Click Richardson Stadium Map to view gate locations.

ENTRANCES AND EXITS FOR TAILGATE LOTS AND PARKING DECKS
It is important that you familiarize yourself with the entry and exit points associated with the parking you secured in advance. A map of all parking locations can be found here. Shuttle stops are located in close walking distance from all tailgate lots. Shuttle service begins 2 hours prior to kickoff and concludes 1 hour after the game ends. We highly recommend you board the shuttles early to avoid delays getting to the stadium. You can also walk from all tailgating lots to the stadium. To further assist, please see the list below of all tailgate lots and their respective entry and exit points. These are the only means for accessing the tailgate lots on game day.
Gold Lot 23, Green CRI Lots 2, 2A, Green CRI Lots 3, 3A, 1 and 1A - Enter and exit campus via Hwy 29 (N. Tryon Street) at Institute Circle
Orange CRI Deck, Orange CRI ADA Deck - Enter and exit campus via Hwy 29 (N. Tryon Street) at JW Clay
Red Lot 25, Teal North Deck and Silver Lots 21/11 and Yellow Union Deck - Enter and exit campus via Mallard Creek Church Road to Mary Alexander Road. Traffic Control officers will direct you to the lots from there.
Magenta Lot 14, Purple West Deck, Purple West Deck Rooftop and Blue Lots 7/7A - Enter and exit campus via Hwy 49 (University City Blvd) at Cameron Boulevard.
Pink Cone Deck (Cash Sales - $20 - Day of Game Purchasers) - Enter campus at Hwy 49 (University City Blvd) at Broadrick Road (Main Campus Entrance). If you do not secure a parking permit in advance, you will need to proceed straight to the Pink Cone Deck for game day parking.
A-Z FAN GUIDE
To assist you in the planning process, please visit the A-Z Fan Guide where you will find information regarding tailgate policies, game day shuttles, Niner Team Walk, Norm's Village (Tailgate Guys), Norm's Tavern and other game day activities.

INCLEMENT WEATHER AND EVACUATION
We encourage fans to sign up for 49er Text Alerts in the event of inclement weather or evacuations. Fans can register to receive alerts beginning today by texting FortyNinerAlerts to 226787. In the event of weather delays or evacuations, information will be sent via text message to everyone who has opted in to receive the alerts. Standard text messaging fees apply.

When lightning is detected within 15 miles of campus, fans will be notified that there is lightning in the area. When lightning is detected within eight miles of campus, fans will be asked to evacuate the stadium.

Upon evacuation due to lightning, fans will be asked to return to their cars or to take shelter in one of the surrounding academic buildings (EPIC, Grigg or Duke Halls) or the CRI (Orange) Parking Deck. Once the “all clear” is given and stadium personnel and security have returned to their locations, gates will be reopened. Fans will need to show their ticket for re-entry.

As in all cases of emergency evacuation, we ask fans for their patience and understanding. Your safety is our top priority.

NINER TEAM WALK
The Niner Team Walk will take place at 3:49pm. Team buses will take Craver Road to Phillips Road and drop off at Jerry Richardson Stadium between Gates 2 and 3 across from the EPIC building. The team will exit the buses and walk to the Judy W. Rose Football Center taking the walkway past Norm’s Village. We encourage fans to head to the stadium for the Niner Team Walk to cheer on our Niners!

LYNX BLUE LINE LIGHT RAIL
For those riding the Lynx Blue Line light rail to campus, please note there are 2 stops close to campus. The stop at JW Clay places you near the football stadium. It is a short walk from the light rail stop to Jerry Richardson Stadium. And, there is shuttle service available once you reach the Orange CRI Deck. The stop at UNC Charlotte Main puts you near Red Lot 25 on campus. A shuttle stop is located near the exit to the light rail station. Either stop can be used to access the campus.

As Always, Wear Green & Go Niners!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charlotte 49ers Athletic Ticket Office
9201 University City Boulevard | Charlotte, NC 28223
Office: 704-687-4949
niner@uncc.edu | www.Charlotte49ers.com | @NinerTix
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or other use of any of the information in this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify our office immediately by reply email or by telephone at 704-687

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:47 pm

I’ll be in the lot right next to the stadium, most likely in the middle of a bunch of Charlotte PSL holders. Just look for the Big App Flag hanging off my trunk and some App fans drinking “mountain water” out of Solo cups! Stop by, would love to meet you.
The Appalachian State

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:34 pm

NO.2 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:26 am
tclayton wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:01 am
Any word on what time lots open?
2PM according to someone on their board.

Seems a little late to me.

Edit: The guidelines on page 8 of this document from their parking website confirms the 4 hour tailgate-kick off window.
See my post in another thread. Tailgating can now start at noon for this game only.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:55 am

Extra 2 hours for us to “fuel” our engines.... let’s just make sure we do not stoop to any belligerent Charlotte student level if provoked. If things go the way they should, irrelevance and frustration lead young drunk kids to do and say stupid things.
The Appalachian State

jwash99

Unread post by jwash99 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:37 pm

Anyone taking in a couple of the bars/restaurants in downtown Charlotte and then riding the light rail that lets off right across the street from the stadium? Just wondering.

manonabuffalo

Unread post by manonabuffalo » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:06 pm

Lots open at 12, got the same email. Should be plenty of time to acquire all the space needed for our people and spread out.

I can't make this game as I am out of town on business, will be great to get updates to what the scene looks like down there and how many App fans are on ground.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:26 pm

Goapps15 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:56 am
I am planning to show up earlier than 2 PM. I doubt they will stop us to be honest.
Don't be surprised if they do. I have a friend who went to the green/white Spring Game and rules were heavily enforced. Also, pay attention to which entry they tell you to use. They do not allow traffic directly around the stadium, so you have to enter your required entrance.

There is a MacAdo's on Hwy 49 (and many other options), very near to the campus if you arrive early.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”