Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

ASU football jerseys

appfan725

Re: ASU football jerseys

Unread post by appfan725 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:10 pm

here is something I came up with a while back and would love to see on the field

Image Go App!!...Fight App!!...Win App!!

BeauFoster
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by BeauFoster » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:35 pm

appfan725 wrote:here is something I came up with a while back and would love to see on the field

I dig the white pants with the stripes, but the white helmet can go straight in the trash, as far as I'm concerned.
Give 'em hell!

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:28 pm

As much as I like the Old Gold and Black helmet with the real Yosef, I've grown very fond of the all black helmet and Block "A". Like my buddy asutrnr81 said, it's a cool sight watching that block "A" run over your butt! The white helmet? Not no but heck no!!! The white pants with the black/gold panels looks good.

All in all, I hope we stay with the primarily all-black unis for home games: helmet, jersey, pants, socks, shoes. IMO all black is very intimidating!

Always Attack!!
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:03 pm

Love it, I would like to get away from all black and bring in some more yaller as they say. not sure about the white helmets but like the black pants with big yaller stripe

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:38 am

scatman77 wrote:All in all, I hope we stay with the primarily all-black unis for home games: helmet, jersey, pants, socks, shoes. IMO all black is very intimidating!

Always Attack!!
Agree. I don't mind an occasional alternate look, but I think our home uniform should be all black the majority of the time.

appgrunt71

Unread post by appgrunt71 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:52 am

Uniforms come and go, but helmets make an indelible impression, like Alabama, Michigan, Florida State, .....and Appalachian. Go Black! Go Block A!

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:17 am

appfan725 wrote:here is something I came up with a while back and would love to see on the field

Not bad at all. I would really like to see us work gold pants in with the black jerseys for some games. Such a solid look and adds even more of a punch to Black Saturday.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:46 am

The "block A" has really become the symbol of App State athletics and should continue to dominate the uniforms of all of our sports teams....it's simply good brand marketing. Gotta stick with the black helmet (although I could go for a flat matte black) with block A. The only change I would like to see is black pants with the white away jerseys as I just don't like the all white look. I would also like to see a return of the older Yosef to replace the fisherman Yosef when it is used.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:06 am

SpeedkingATL wrote:The "block A" has really become the symbol of App State athletics and should continue to dominate the uniforms of all of our sports teams....it's simply good brand marketing. Gotta stick with the black helmet (although I could go for a flat matte black) with block A. The only change I would like to see is black pants with the white away jerseys as I just don't like the all white look. I would also like to see a return of the older Yosef to replace the fisherman Yosef when it is used.
We have GOT to get rid of Davy Jones Yosef. It is the most busch league logo on the planet.

You're right about the block A. It is our strong logo and we need to be consistent with it to continue to build our brand. Continuity.

AppStateNation

Unread post by AppStateNation » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:07 pm

I think our current black on black uniforms are amazing. I actually really dislike the old ones with just the Appalachian across the chest. I'd just like to see a slightly updated pro combat version of what we already have. Definitely don't change the helmet, but I like the throwbacks once a year.

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:42 pm

I REALLY LOVE the pants you have in this design and would welcome those big time. I do not like your jersey designs and would LOVE to keep the style that we currently have employing the gold/yellow one on rare occasion. Also, other than an occasional throw back day I am for keeping our current Block A BLACK helmut.

For an alternate uniform, I would like to see an identical carbon copy of the Pittsburgh Steelers gold pant/ black jersey uniform with our helmuts. Besides an occasional throwback or alternate uniform, I would like to see us build some tradition and keep on par with my previous descriptions. Most big programs with long lasting traditions dont change much, especially helmut designs. They may tweak but they usually dont make significant changes.
KICK ASS!!!

asutrnr81

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:53 pm

scatman77 wrote:As much as I like the Old Gold and Black helmet with the real Yosef, I've grown very fond of the all black helmet and Block "A". Like my buddy asutrnr81 said, it's a cool sight watching that block "A" run over your butt! All in all, I hope we stay with the primarily all-black unis for home games: helmet, jersey, pants, socks, shoes. IMO all black is very intimidating! Always Attack!!
I told a couple of posters who have come on the board (Old MMB) when asked about who we are etc.....I often said we will not be hard to find at kickoff....we will be the ones with the Black Helmet and Block "A".....

....and it is a cool site watching an Eagle, a Catamount, a Paladin....et. al. get their butts run over.....that is why ALWAYS ATTACK is one cool logo!....
Go APPS!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”