Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

ESPN+....Replays

YesAppCan
School: Appalachian State

ESPN+....Replays

Unread post by YesAppCan » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:00 pm

Call me stupid but I can't find our replay on ESPN3, WatchESPN, or ESPN+ or whatever they are called. I had it today on ROKU on the TV but now looking on laptop and see nothing. IF they aren't going to archive replays, I'll be cancelling this.

YesAppCan

Re: ESPN+....Replays

Unread post by YesAppCan » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:02 pm

Found it... I didn't see I had today as date...

aussie86

Unread post by aussie86 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:05 pm

Found it ESPN+ but had to dig to find it on iphone but cannot get it on android. Really ticks me off to have to pay for another offering when I already have directv.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:10 pm

I'm currently watching the replay on ESPN+ and flipping here during commercials. I was in the visitor seats during the game and it really sucked unless the game play was on that side of the field. We were so low (row 9) you couldn't see the full field of play. Anyway, first time watching ESPn+ so, the home team is responsible for production so the announcers are pro-the-home team, correct?
Also, and this is for anyone in the visitor sections 130 or 131 there in the end zone. The Franklin interception where the ruling was he fumbled before crossing the end zone plane; I was literally right in front of it and in the moment it looked like he had possession as he crossed the goal line. I know it didn't change the result of the game but I was furious in the moment and then they cut off the replay on the big screen so we couldn't get a second chance to see it, which also infuriated me and fed my natural conspiracy theory tendencies. Was there anyone else in section 130 or 131 that saw the play live from the side and concurs? I just watched the replay on ESPN- (yes - not +) and the view is from Franklin's back side and you cannot determine when he lost control of the ball. Obviously the official video review has to have irrefutable evidence that the call on the field is wrong in order to overturn the call and the angle they had couldn't possibly really determine when he lost control of the ball, so the call on the field was confirmed. It also infuriated me how quickly the review happened and the tone of the announcer when he said the call had been confirmed...way too much attitude. As if the video review proved the call was correct when in fact it just proved that they couldn't see anything to overturn the call.
Again, it didn't change the game but I think Franklin was robbed of a touchdown (a beautiful pick 6) by either inept, or partial, refs and I was wondering why this message board wasn't lit up with protest, until I watched the ESPN- replay of the game to see that with the limited camera angle you couldn't determine what I saw with my "clean" eyes...I was still recovering from potential heat stroke at that point so I could have had blurred vision but I could have sworn he had the ball in his hands as he reached across the goal line. After watching the replay and the bad camera angle, I now get why there wasn't an outcry on the game thread when that horrendous call (based on my heat stroke eyes) happened. Am i crazy?!? Or was Franklin robbed of a pick 6?!?

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:51 pm

From my vantage point 15 rows up in 130, it looks like he lost control when he jumped and tried to extend it prior to crossing the line. I thought it was a really good call actually.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:00 am

I was on Row 3 in 130 and I thought it was a fumble.

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:15 am

FWIW....Confirmed means the video proved the correct call was made.

Stands means the video was inconclusive and the ruling on the field will not be changed.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:20 am

I was in 130 in the second to highest row and I swear he broke the plane. I was right on the goal line and up relatively high for such a small venue.

ZT’s goal line fumble was a good call. At first I thought Zac stepped out before he lost it, but once they showed the replay he definitely fumbled in bounds. Funny how they actually showed that replay. :roll:

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:52 am

This ESPN+ broadcast was terrible - the announcers sounded like they were calling a local high school game and the production was even worse ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

HBTApps

Unread post by HBTApps » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:02 am

I was able to find the replay on my computer, but I can't find the replay on Apple TV and that's how I watch it on my TV. Was anyone able to find the replay on Apple TV? It was easy to find on espn3

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:07 am

To me from my chair at home, it looked as though Franklin lost control of the ball as he was mid air and crossing the goal line. It was the correct call.

stafford

Unread post by stafford » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:19 am

Give it some time. All the schools doing this will have some growing pains. Wingate is in their 3rd or 4th season with ESPN3 and do their own production like ESPN+ and Wingate's broadcasts are very good.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:35 am

Gonzo wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:20 am
I was in 130 in the second to highest row and I swear he broke the plane. I was right on the goal line and up relatively high for such a small venue.

ZT’s goal line fumble was a good call. At first I thought Zac stepped out before he lost it, but once they showed the replay he definitely fumbled in bounds. Funny how they actually showed that replay. :roll:
The fact that they wouldn't show Franklin's replay on the big screen just added to my doubt, and you're right they didn't hesitate to show Zac's fumble which was pretty clear on the replay. You really can't tell from what they showed on ESPN+ because the angle was from his backside and you can't tell at what point he lost the ball. I'm letting this one go...I guess..

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:38 am

Section 130: I don't think it should have been ruled a touchback based on what I saw. But there was more than a few times the refs made some hard calls against us.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:42 am

I don't think they reviewed Franklin's fumble....

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:42 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:52 am
This ESPN+ broadcast was terrible - the announcers sounded like they were calling a local high school game and the production was even worse ---
fun fact: the PBP guy was Bobby Rosinski who is an App grad...but also UNCC's sideline reporter for I assume their road games

hAPPy4APP

Unread post by hAPPy4APP » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:35 am

I was hanging over the wall in section 130, giving the td sign when he neared the goal line. I honestly thought he had the td, but in any case, they could not have possibly have reviewed it in that amount of time, and for whatever reason they couldn't seem to replay it on screen after the call.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:50 am

I thought the refs reached deep in the rule book for several calls. If they want to protect the QB, tell him to quit scrambling and putting himself in position for hurt.
Bring Your A Game!

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:15 am

From section 130, 7 rows up. Definitely broke the plane for a TD before ball came loose. Head linesman was very tentative about the call. He was the only official who could really see the play, imo. No way they reviewed the play that quickly and why no replay on the big screen?

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:38 am

Section 130, row 1: The ref made the right call. The ball was jarred loose at about the 1 1/2. For those who thought it was a touchdown, the ball may have traveled close to his hand as he was crossing the goal, but it was clearly not in his possession.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”