Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Satterfield

moonshine
School: Appalachian State

Re: Satterfield

Unread post by moonshine » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:21 am

bigCasu wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:40 am
moonshine wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:36 am
Goapps15 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:03 pm
Interesting jobs to keep an eye on: UNC and GT both likely to come open. Duke if Cutcliffe retired.
Makes you wonder what Woody is thinking down in Atlanta. Woody's D is currently giving up over 36 ppg against FBS competition. I guess if SS took over Ramblin' Wreck, he would most likely keep Woody on as DC to help with the transition.
His defense takes time to understand, and then of course to recruit his player. PJ is hoping he gets to stick around long enough to give Woody a chance.
Definitely agree and I think most of our fans knew it would take some time. However, from the outside looking in, I think we also knew PJ was on the hot seat coming into this season and NW needed to produce results faster than what has transpired over the first 3 weeks. Unless something changes, Woody may end up 1 and done if PJ is shown the door at the end of this season.

Not that I ever want to see SS coaching another team but GT would be a great job for him assuming they would give him time. GT is in the weaker Coastal division, he'd already have a DC he knows and trusts, they have high academics standards which is what our coaches seem to seek in a recruit, located in a hotbed for recruiting and he would still be relatively close to family.
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

app97

Unread post by app97 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:38 am

Mtncat wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:38 pm

They can go by the wayside as pretenders to football greatness and ASU CAN be the team to beat from NC

Anyway, my point is, Satterfield should stay with his alma mater knowing he will make great money, retire well in the beautiful high country and come to the conclusion of "what else could you want in life?".
who says we aren't already the team to beat in NC? When we play at UNC next fall, I feel like they need to prove that they can beat us as much as we need to prove anything, considering they avoided us like the plague for years.

your point about Satterfield might be realistic for most of us, but he might have something to prove and/or bigger goals when the opportunity arises. He's a competitive person/football coach and has a great mind for the game that some programs will fork out millions to exploit.

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:19 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:30 pm
YesAppCan wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:43 pm
Speculation is fine BUT ANYONE that thinks they KNOW what Scott is or isn't going to do is just plain wrong. None of us do! I personally am not going to speculate one way or the other-- He's our coach. He will continue being our coach until he's not. :D
I think it’s easy to deduce Scott will entertain an offer in the future. Fact: He hired one of the best agents in college football. Why?im not speculating just stating the obvious. Speculation would be which school he will go to and how much will entice him to move. Using your logic I assume you will never speculate on a score but wait for a result? Please don’t admonish those of us that want to have a discussion about the future of a very good college coach.
There was NO admonishment. So don't preach to me either. I referencing the whole body of different "Satterfield is leaving" threads... There are positions stated as if some KNOW what he's gonna do. Why beat this dead horse. We still don't know IF, WHEN, WHERE OR HOW MUCH or maybe he just liked this super agent. I admit that little diddy seems to indicate his openness to looking elsewhere, the answer is nobody knows what he is thinking. Discuss all you want Satt's future but why not enjoy him and our success while we have him? So my logic is flawed... You know what I'm saying.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:57 pm

I KNOW what your saying....just dont know why you said it!😄

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:58 pm

diehardapp18

Unread post by diehardapp18 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:12 pm

I hope they’ll look to Litrell before Satterfield. He has a UNC connection, has quickly resurrected one of the worst programs in CFB, and he can actually win P5 games.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:22 pm

Satt loves App St. Tennessee, Wake, Penn St are proof.

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:56 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:57 pm
I said just to up my post count ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”