Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UPDATE: ICE BUT NO CUPS FOR SATURDAY

appst89
Site Admin
School: Appalachian State

Re: UPDATE: ICE BUT NO CUPS FOR SATURDAY

Unread post by appst89 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:03 am

APPARJ wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:44 am
appst89 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:35 am
APPARJ wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:32 pm
Yosef10 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:21 pm
^One of the worst responses Gillin could have provided.
Personally I think taking MMB seriously is a pretty terrible response to anything. Cue the "not everyone can afford $50!" takes!
Posts like this certainly make it more difficult to take seriously.
No one has to take anyone seriously. What's the fun in that? My point is that IMO it isn't wise to make policy based on the attitudes of a vocal few that lack all the relevant information. I thought it would make more sense to have a soda fountain and only sell stadium cups. I spoke to someone that had all the data and realized why this decision was made even though I prefer cups + ice. The attitude of entitlement when our Yosef giving rate is so low makes it difficult for me to take demands like this seriously.
I don't see how it's entitlement to expect what every 1A high school has where concessions are concerned.

The level of Yosef giving is completely irrelevant to this discussion, unless you plan to close the stadium to all but Yosef members.

This is basic supply and demand. To try to make it something else is difficult for me to take seriously.

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:54 am

Eventually, if you do not listen to your customers, you will not have any.

97APP

Unread post by 97APP » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:50 am

I don't get the "entitlement" statement. Nobody is demanding free cups and ice. People are gladly willing to pay for it. There is clearly a demand for cups with ice. We've been down this road before and on hot days the concessions cannot maintain a sufficient supply of cold drinks throughout the game. Not every item on the menu must be a profit leader.
Today I Give My All for Appalachian State

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:06 am

APPARJ wrote:
appst89 wrote:
APPARJ wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:
Personally I think taking MMB seriously is a pretty terrible response to anything. Cue the "not everyone can afford $50!" takes!
No one has to take anyone seriously. What's the fun in that? My point is that IMO it isn't wise to make policy based on the attitudes of a vocal few that lack all the relevant information. I thought it would make more sense to have a soda fountain and only sell stadium cups. I spoke to someone that had all the data and realized why this decision was made even though I prefer cups + ice. The attitude of entitlement when our Yosef giving rate is so low makes it difficult for me to take demands like this seriously.
Are you at liberty to state the reason given for the change? I am curious why the change was going to happen.

On a side note anyone that has a ticket and may want a cup with ice has enough money in the game to have an opinion. It should not be only the moneyed few that get to have input. And if this is leaving money on the table that could be going to App State they need to listen. That is not entitlement, but giving customer feedback.

I am diabetic and I don't drink alcoholic beverages. I don't really want the sugar water and getting water in a bottle is such a waste of plastic, and we are trying to go zero waste in the stadium. A reusable plastic cup that can be taken home seems so much better than a plastic bottle that will be tossed in the trash by many.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:42 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:06 am
APPARJ wrote:
appst89 wrote:
APPARJ wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:
Are you at liberty to state the reason given for the change? I am curious why the change was going to happen.

On a side note anyone that has a ticket and may want a cup with ice has enough money in the game to have an opinion. It should not be only the moneyed few that get to have input. And if this is leaving money on the table that could be going to App State they need to listen. That is not entitlement, but giving customer feedback.

I am diabetic and I don't drink alcoholic beverages. I don't really want the sugar water and getting water in a bottle is such a waste of plastic, and we are trying to go zero waste in the stadium. A reusable plastic cup that can be taken home seems so much better than a plastic bottle that will be tossed in the trash by many.
Not enough has been said about the zero waste initiative. Every third word out of Chancellor Everts mouth is sustainability. You can't preach it and then not practice it.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:00 pm

I liked the water filling stations they had at Charlotte. Helps with the sustainability and allows people to easily hydrate.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:21 pm

proasu89 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:50 pm
What do you do with ice if you have no cups?
I will stuff the ice in my socks with the mini bottles......😛

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:26 pm

Seriously...I would allow the Band or another school organization to set up separate concessions for souvenir cups and ice. Hell even have the Yosef Club sell them and I’d donate 1 game of my time to helping. It could make some nice change. Cup and ice for what...$2.00?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:26 pm
Seriously...I would allow the Band or another school organization to set up separate concessions for souvenir cups and ice. Hell even have the Yosef Club sell them and I’d donate 1 game of my time to helping. It could make some nice change. Cup and ice for what...$2.00?
How would the band sell and still perform on the field and in the stands?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:35 pm

NewApp wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:31 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
There are people who support the band such as groups or music fraternities, or people who might not be marching, that could.

Don't think this could ever happen. But it's plausible.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:53 pm

proasu89 wrote:
I assume they will have regular paper cups. Just no souvenir cups.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:56 pm

From the "what's new at The Rock" article.
In order to utilize resources to better serve fans, Appalachian Food Services is making all Pepsi products available in recyclable bottles, with no souvenir cups or ice available in the Mountaineer Concessions locations. The grab-and-go coolers are designed to shorten lines and also clear space in the concession stands.
Recyclable bottles that will sit in a barge in international waters for months because China is in the process of stopping to take all recyclables.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:57 pm

bigCasu wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:54 am
Eventually, if you do not listen to your customers, you will not have any.
And dismissing them as a "vocal few" and "entitled" will ensure customers go away as well.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:54 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:21 pm
proasu89 wrote:
I will stuff the ice in my socks with the mini bottles......😛
That’s the kind of answer I was looking for! Swampy ankles is a small price to pay.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:00 pm

NewApp wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:31 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
I could be real snarkey and say they have plenty of time because we listen to piped in music all game anyway but I won’t. I think GregPercussion answered you.

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:27 pm

APPARJ wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:59 pm
T-Dog wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:51 pm
I'll donate $50 to Athletics right now if ARJ deletes his account and stops trolling fellow fans.
I’m sorry it upsets you that I genuinely think it’s beyond silly when an alumni/fan base that doesn’t even fully fund its own scholarship bill gets out their torch and pitchforks and demand that the athletics department give them more stuff, cost and convenience be damned.

That being said, please give to Yosef if you haven’t already, folks! :)

I would venture to guess that there's a higher percentage of Yosef contributors here than amongst alumni base. Alex, hate to say it but I bet our fanbase is very mild compared to most fanbases.

GreatAppSt

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:37 pm

APPARJ wrote:

"Let them eat cake."
Marie Antionette

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:48 pm

Ok Make it a separate concession area . Ice and cups. And move the beer garden inside once the game starts.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:20 pm

This is what we worry about instead of consistently losing fashionably.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:41 pm

GreatAppSt wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:37 pm
APPARJ wrote:

"Let them eat cake."
Marie Antionette
Yep. The folks to whom APPARJ is referring are called customers and potential donors. Some people are customers, but not donors. Some are donors, but not customers. Some are both. But what you do not want are the folks who are neither. Have to be careful about that.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”