Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UPDATE: ICE BUT NO CUPS FOR SATURDAY

AppinATL
School: Appalachian State

Re: UPDATE: ICE BUT NO CUPS FOR SATURDAY

Unread post by AppinATL » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:53 pm

The concessions people have clicker counters today and apparently have been instructed to count how many people ask about cups/ice.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:58 pm

AppinATL wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:53 pm
The concessions people have clicker counters today and apparently have been instructed to count how many people ask about cups/ice.
Go to a different window every time and ask.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:26 pm

One game sample does not make a conclusion.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:28 pm

AppinATL wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:53 pm
Couldn’t make the game so ask for me please :D

appyirish

Unread post by appyirish » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:28 pm

Well, at the game late 2Q, I am now a convert; the soft drink I purchased at the beginning is HOT...HOT...HOT!

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:41 am

APPARJ wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:44 am
appst89 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:35 am
APPARJ wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:32 pm
Yosef10 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:21 pm
^One of the worst responses Gillin could have provided.
Personally I think taking MMB seriously is a pretty terrible response to anything. Cue the "not everyone can afford $50!" takes!
Posts like this certainly make it more difficult to take seriously.
No one has to take anyone seriously. What's the fun in that? My point is that IMO it isn't wise to make policy based on the attitudes of a vocal few that lack all the relevant information. I thought it would make more sense to have a soda fountain and only sell stadium cups. I spoke to someone that had all the data and realized why this decision was made even though I prefer cups + ice. The attitude of entitlement when our Yosef giving rate is so low makes it difficult for me to take demands like this seriously.
It’s the “demand” of ice my man, not that tall of a task. Seriously, if we can’t afford to provide something as basic as ice then we should just pack it up and go home or drop back down to FCS. I’ve never went to a college or *high school* game that didn’t have ice. It’s actually pretty pathetic this even has to be a conversation. And i don’t know how you can really argue other wise.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:04 pm

Be careful. There are a couple idiots on here will accuse this thread's posters as being by perpetual whiners whose lives are miserable.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:51 pm

After a quick scan of this entire thread, the impression I'm left with is that Chancellor Everts is the source of the no cups/no ice decree. She apparently got off of her diversity soap box long enough to renew her sustainability campaign. Does she not know that souvenir cups are or can be profit-makers and that they get carried back to homes and dorm rooms to become part of individual collections? Some are even handed down from students to their younger siblings. I have an App cup collection that dates back to the mid-70s. To a local landfill or to a barge on the Mississippi River, Hudson River or in New York Harbor they will never go!

Methinks our chancellor and her leadership team also see it as a way to curtail drinking inside the stadium and avoid some of the ungodly trashing of the stadium's public restrooms with the sharp glass of shattered mini-bottles.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:06 pm

asu66 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:51 pm
After a quick scan of this entire thread, the impression I'm left with is that Chancellor Everts is the source of the no cups/no ice decree. She apparently got off of her diversity soap box long enough to renew her sustainability campaign. Does she not know that souvenir cups are or can be profit-makers and that they get carried back to homes and dorm rooms to become part of individual collections? Some are even handed down from students to their younger siblings. I have an App cup collection that dates back to the mid-70s. To a local landfill or to a barge on the Mississippi River, Hudson River or in New York Harbor they will never go!

Methinks our chancellor and her leadership team also see it as a way to curtail drinking inside the stadium and avoid some of the ungodly trashing of the stadium's public restrooms with the sharp glass of shattered mini-bottles.
Yep, but more and more mini-bottles are plastic now.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:04 pm

asu66 wrote:

Could you post some pictures of your collection? This might be more interesting that an old game program cover.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:23 pm

asu66 wrote:

When you try to be sustainable but just produce more potentially recycled trash.

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:53 pm

Did anyone notice the flyers on the wall in the Men's room? They were classic "Please recycle/dispose of your trash properly" posters but I thought it was funny that they included about 6 different bottle shapes that all correspond to liquor.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”