Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

5 Reasons UW will beat ASU tomorrow

iskeet4pete
School: Washington

5 Reasons UW will beat ASU tomorrow

Unread post by iskeet4pete » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:28 pm

First of all, welcome to Seattle, the Emerald city.

If you're looking for something to do before the game, I would hit the Met or Daniels for steak. Anthony's or Ray's for Seafood. Alki Tavern has the best burger in town. Northlake tavern has great pizza and cold beer and you can walk to the game from there.

The Ram at U village has an incredible "Ribs 'n Rickshaw" special $15.99 all you can eat and a ride to the game in a rickshaw. Plus they have a lot of cool HD TV's so you can hang with your peeps and catch some other games.

If you like to have a few "sodas" you can can carry them around in a big red cup.

Don't forget to go to the Space Needle. Hit the Underground tour. Visit the Locks. Go to the Experience Music Project. Visit Pike Place Market and see the flying fish and the big piggy bank. Hit the Seattle Art Museum. Don't forget to go to the Seattle Center Fun Forest. Oh,and walk down to the water front. Go to Ivars. Get the large chowder.

All that said, here is why UW will come out of the game victorious tomorrow.

1. Jack “Cobra” Browning. He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He has 4 years of high school and 3 of college under his belt and will do whatever he can to win the game.

2. Offensive Line. We average a weight of 332 across the line, and they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. MacGeary, Tray Adams, Center, Ossai, Harris. These boys have an attitude and are ready to rumble!!!

3. Lake. A new defensive scheme and a new attitude. Everyone is speaking out about the difference between our game plan on defense vs Auburn and our game planning since then. you will see a much improved defense on 9/8.

4. Speed, speed, speed. this is the fastest team washington has had this century, maybe since 1991! John Ross XIV, Charlie McClutchins, Jake Kaho, Savell Azeem Ahmed, Myles Gaskin, Louis Rankin. The newbies will be inexperienced but we bring a new dimension that the program has not had in years, speed.

5. Time of possession. I think we can win the time of possession battle in this one. the more we can control the ball and keep our defense off the field, the greater chance we’ll have to win.

I think UW wins this one rather easily, say… 34-17???

biggie
Site Admin
School: Appalachian State

Re: 5 Reasons UW will beat ASU tomorrow

Unread post by biggie » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:11 pm

I'm guessing you didn't look very closely at what ASU you had pulled up in your search. Since UW plays Arizona State tomorrow. We are not them.

But you also placed this under Appalachian football section, so I'm not sure how you did this. Lots of legal weed up there?

HeffnerIV

Unread post by HeffnerIV » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:14 pm

Entertaining, nonetheless

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:18 pm

Man, Herm and the boys will have to dig down deep to pull this one out.

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:18 pm

yeah, that was a good one.

StorminASU

Unread post by StorminASU » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:19 pm

This is absolutely the best thing happening on the interwebs right now

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:20 pm

I mean UW is a 18 point favorite, that ASU being closer to our ranking (FPI).

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:21 pm

And yes we needed something to do when playing GW this weekend, been slow around here.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:21 pm

iskeet4pete wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:28 pm
The Ram at U village has an incredible "Ribs 'n Rickshaw" special $15.99 all you can eat and a ride to the game in a rickshaw.
Question. Do the rickshaws offer good shade since it's supposed to be very humid in Seattle tomorrow?

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:22 pm

iskeet4pete wrote:
Don't forget to go to the Space Needle. Hit the Underground tour. Visit the Locks. Go to the Experience Music Project. Visit Pike Place Market and see the flying fish and the big piggy bank. Hit the Seattle Art Museum. Don't forget to go to the Seattle Center Fun Forest. Oh,and walk down to the water front. Go to Ivars. Get the large chowder.
That's a lot of stuff. Can you do all that in one day or should we extend our visits to Sunday to get everything in?

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:23 pm

iskeet4pete wrote:

If you're looking for something to do before the game, I would hit the Met or Daniels for steak. Anthony's or Ray's for Seafood. Alki Tavern has the best burger in town. Northlake tavern has great pizza and cold beer and you can walk to the game from there.

The Ram at U village has an incredible "Ribs 'n Rickshaw" special $15.99 all you can eat and a ride to the game in a rickshaw. Plus they have a lot of cool HD TV's so you can hang with your peeps and catch some other games.

If you like to have a few "sodas" you can can carry them around in a big red cup.

1. Jack “Cobra” Browning. He is the best player on the field, enough said on that. He has 4 years of high school and 3 of college under his belt and will do whatever he can to win the game.

2. Offensive Line. We average a weight of 332 across the line, and they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. MacGeary, Tray Adams, Center, Ossai, Harris. These boys have an attitude and are ready to rumble!!!

3. Lake. A new defensive scheme and a new attitude. Everyone is speaking out about the difference between our game plan on defense vs Auburn and our game planning since then. you will see a much improved defense on 9/8.

4. Speed, speed, speed. this is the fastest team washington has had this century, maybe since 1991! John Ross XIV, Charlie McClutchins, Jake Kaho, Savell Azeem Ahmed, Myles Gaskin, Louis Rankin. The newbies will be inexperienced but we bring a new dimension that the program has not had in years, speed.

5. Time of possession. I think we can win the time of possession battle in this one. the more we can control the ball and keep our defense off the field, the greater chance we’ll have to win.

:roll:
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:24 pm

iskeet4pete wrote:
Do the four years of high school really matter? I mean, a lot of college players play four years of high school ball. Heck, some of them play middle school and pee-wee.

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:27 pm

Guys, I’m super confused. I thought UW was in Madison.

I don’t know what to believe anymore.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:28 pm

iskeet4pete wrote:
That maybe true, I feel the UDub defense is ripe for a down game. I mean, they only gave up 21 to Auburn, but someone has got to figure them out. Herm and the boys aren't gonna lie down and may score 30-40 points. Then it's a question of whether the offense with the Cobra can catch up. Maybe they'll need those rickshaws on special?

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:33 pm

I'm actually really fired up for this game now. Let's get it on!!!!!!

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:34 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:24 pm
iskeet4pete wrote:
Do the four years of high school really matter? I mean, a lot of college players play four years of high school ball. Heck, some of them play middle school and pee-wee.
But he's also going to do whatever he can to win the game. A lot of people don't know this, but attempting to win is one of the more important factors in determining the outcome in football.

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:37 pm

iskeet4pete wrote:

In bullet point #3 you say that the defense is much improved with a new attitude and scheme, yet in point #5 you're saying one of the keys is time of possession in order to keep that same defense off the field. That doesn't sound very confident in the new look D

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:38 pm

Was tempted to go post this on a AZ St message board, they could enjoy the laugh as well.

iskeet4pete
School: Washington

Unread post by iskeet4pete » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:39 pm

I'm confused.

brocktune90

Unread post by brocktune90 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:47 pm

I can 100% guarantee that the huskies will not score on App this weekend! I'll even go so far as to say they won't even have a first down.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”