Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

NO ICE

AppDawg
School: Appalachian State

NO ICE

Unread post by AppDawg » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:25 pm

Just requested a cup of ice and was informed NONE, but they are KEEPING COUNT of the the requests.

AppStateMtneer

Re: NO ICE

Unread post by AppStateMtneer » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:55 pm

Shoulda used a clicker for number of Yosef members who have received their AD gifts

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:07 pm

AppStateMtneer wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:55 pm
Shoulda used a clicker for number of Yosef members who have received their AD gifts
Now that was funny! Yeah they were using a clicker at the first concession under 110...139 click complaints in 1st quarter. They did give me a paper cup with ice after I requested one...then went back after half for another cup/ice and was told by that concession head that her boss (Pam Cline) I was told, said no longer give out any more ice. Really? Wtf?!

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:11 pm

By the way, concessions lines were terrible....long, slow and ran out of change...and east side wasn’t even packed. Gonna be real swell next week I bet. Oh and heard people getting warm bottles...fix this please. Don’t reinvent the wheel...ice!

asualum78

Unread post by asualum78 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:15 pm

I got nachos and they were awful! No change and had to buy an extra drink because they only had 10s and 20s. Not pleased with the change at all!

ApexASU

Unread post by ApexASU » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:31 pm

Long lines, no ice, no cash payments. Not a good way to start the home game season. Somebody better step it up before the game next week.

appbanker

Unread post by appbanker » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:53 am

I waited in line for 20 minutes just before halftime only to be told they were out of nachos. WTF

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:20 am

Y’all are some entitled folks.
Until the Yosef club fully funds all our student athlete’s tuition and expenses, how can you expect to not wait in line, or get cold drinks, or edible food that you are paying for??
Those are luxuries only programs like Alabama, Clemson and UNCC should have

Goapps15

Unread post by Goapps15 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:21 am

Food services is rough. I was really disappointed they were taking over.

ASU02

Unread post by ASU02 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:09 am

Anyone notice the taunting going on yesterday? In front of the field house, a large cooler with ICE emblazoned on it.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:17 am

Not to pile on but it looked like a complete failure on the east side. Lines were so long, I walked to the west side to get a drink and slice of pizza and was able to make it back to the east before the guy, who would’ve been in front of me, ordered.

Also, can we steal some posts and chains from the cafeterias on campus and snake the concession lines in the concourse?
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

App74

Unread post by App74 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:56 am

"App State Athletics has listened to the fans and made a number of enhancements to the game-day environment at The Rock." My experiences from yesterday:

1. No port-a-lets in our parking lot (Music Lot). Was told we have to cross River street and use the toilets in Raley. Hopefully an oversight. If not, a safety hazard to say the least.
2. Went to the beer garden just to patronize. They were out of beer.
3. Got a bottle of water in the first quarter; it was cold. Got a bottle of water at halftime; it was warm.
4. Concession lines on the State side were as long and slow as I have ever seen them.
5. There was no line at the bathroom pre-game. I didn't go during the game; perhaps I was dehydrated from the warm water.
6. Our lot was near capacity. Several new people. That was a plus.
7. A prominent police presence directing traffic after the game served to speed our exit. That was a plus.

I have trouble believing athletics had anything to do with the "enhancements". If so, the Appalachian Football Gameday Experience peaked last year and has begun its decline. My guess is someone has been put in charge of something they know nothing about and likely care little about it.

We have a sizable group of people coming for homecoming. I sense a need to prepare them for the "enhancements".

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:00 am

Unfortunately, I was not able to make the game yesterday, so I have yet to have my Kidd Brewer fix this year. With that said, Im always happy to pay my club dues and my season ticket dues without hesitation. But I do have a small expectation, and that is we put a great team on the field (check), up keep our facilities (check), offer a good GameDay experience...... And that is where we are struggling. I can deal with the fact that we have to suffer with Pepsi products and occasional long lines (when crowded) due to limited concessions which is related to our stadium size. But lack of food options and quality, customer service, and ice is unacceptable. As I have stated before, I work in this space and having in-house food service is extremely rare for a reason. It can be done right, but there is a reason Compass, Sodexo, and Aramark or more common across the University realm. UNCC's concession is very basic when it comes to Compass and we all seemed to notice the difference.
The Appalachian State

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:12 am

ASU02 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:09 am
Anyone notice the taunting going on yesterday? In front of the field house, a large cooler with ICE emblazoned on it.
Yes, we saw it when we went down on the field after the game and were joking about it. We didn't have any cups anyway, so we didn't approach it. The security dudes in the pretty pea green shirts & App State Vice looked to be guarding the perimeter around the taunting ICE cooler and doing a commendable job.
Give Em Hell!!

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:38 am

I cannot f'ing believe we are dealing with this BS again.

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:39 am

The Rock wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:20 am
Until the Yosef club fully funds all our student athlete’s tuition and expenses, how can you expect to not wait in line, or get cold drinks, or edible food that you are paying for??
Entitled...yep I am...I’m entitled to having a cold drink on a hot day after I paid my Yosef club dues and bought 6 season tickets and travel to away games and buy tix thru athletic department/university. So screw you and your entitlement bs! I’m not in the minority.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:48 am

App74 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:56 am
1. No port-a-lets in our parking lot (Music Lot). Was told we have to cross River street and use the toilets in Raley. Hopefully an oversight. If not, a safety hazard to say the least.
They also reduced the number of port-a-lets in Raley. The only positive thing I can say about concessions is that my burger from the Cardinal was really good.

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:56 am

$4 for a naked hotdog and another $4 for a bottle of water... concessions are making a killing with that mark-up! Have a hard time believing a Pepsi branded paper cup of ice would put much of a dent in those margins.

If it is that much of a concern, charge $1 per cup. Easy solution.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:30 am

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:39 am
The Rock wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:20 am
Entitled...yep I am...I’m entitled to having a cold drink on a hot day after I paid my Yosef club dues and bought 6 season tickets and travel to away games and buy tix thru athletic department/university. So screw you and your entitlement bs! I’m not in the minority.
I believe he was using the sarcasm font. The UNCC example made it drip like a refreshing ice-filled stadium cup on a hot day.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:39 am

To make matters worse, I heard hot chocolate won't include heat this year.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”