Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

University Drive - Homecoming Parking - Update: We're All Good

NO.2
School: Appalachian State

University Drive - Homecoming Parking - Update: We're All Good

Unread post by NO.2 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:10 pm

I found a suspect note on my car after the game tonight and was wondering if anyone found the same message. It does not appear to be official in any capacity so I'd just like to get to the bottom of it. If anyone knows of anything related and can share that'd be great.

I'll be calling Yosef on Monday to figure out if this is legit or not and will report back.

Last edited by NO.2 on Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Apps03

Re: University Drive - Homecoming Parking

Unread post by Apps03 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:33 pm

Heard from a friend university police told them the same thing today. Happened last year as well. I was there for that one

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:39 pm

Check with Yosef. Those University Drive spots are very close to where the national pan-hellenic plots are going up. There may be some sort of function there in the morning that would preclude early parking on University Drive. It does seem odd that it doesn't have any University letterhead or anything of that sort on it.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

ASU03Grad

Unread post by ASU03Grad » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:57 pm

NO.2 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:10 pm
I found a suspect note on my car after the game tonight and was wondering if anyone found the same message. It does not appear to be official in any capacity so I'd just like to get to the bottom of it. If anyone knows of anything related and can share that'd be great.

I'll be calling Yosef on Monday to figure out if this is legit or not and will report back.

Had a rent-a-cop stop by our tailgate and hand these to us. He couldn't/wouldn't tell us what was going on as he was just the messenger. Also had one on the car when we got back to it after the game. They did this same thing last year with no notice or heads up. People were showing up to tailgate and their spots were taken.

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:00 pm

Apps03 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:33 pm
Heard from a friend university police told them the same thing today. Happened last year as well. I was there for that one
I've been in the same spot for 4 years anf can't recall this happening before... But I'm usually well "under the influence of tailgating" by noon on game days. :lol:

As I said, I'll call 1-800-YOSEF on Monday and get the scoop for myself and anyone else who parks in the area.

Apps03

Unread post by Apps03 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:32 am

NO.2 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:00 pm
Apps03 wrote:
I've been in the same spot for 4 years anf can't recall this happening before... But I'm usually well "under the influence of tailgating" by noon on game days. :lol:

As I said, I'll call 1-800-YOSEF on Monday and get the scoop for myself and anyone else who parks in the area.
I hear ya, same for us. We're usually on the corner. It is a greek event. Last year was the first one. Cant remember which game

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:45 am

I’d say someone is trying to finesse you out of parking spots.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:03 pm

Apps03 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:32 am
NO.2 wrote:
Apps03 wrote:

I hear ya, same for us. We're usually on the corner. It is a greek event. Last year was the first one. Cant remember which game
Last year's was also homecoming when the NPHC plot design was unveiled and the intial large gifts for funding the plots were announced. University Dr opened after that for business as usual.

#GiveYosef

ASU03Grad

Unread post by ASU03Grad » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:37 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:03 pm
Apps03 wrote:
NO.2 wrote:
Apps03 wrote:

Last year's was also homecoming when the NPHC plot design was unveiled and the intial large gifts for funding the plots were announced. University Dr opened after that for business as usual.
This says there are shuttles for those that wish to attend this event. Not sure why it has to affect Yosef club members parking in any way.

https://homecoming.appstate.edu/pagesmith/65

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:28 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:03 pm
Apps03 wrote:
NO.2 wrote:
Apps03 wrote:

After asking a couple of friends who advise their fraternities it seems that this is the dedication for those plots.

Seems a little odd that they are able to commandeer all of those spots during prime tailgating time.

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:14 am

Please let us know what Yosef Club says. I assume it will be for the plot dedication that morning for the NPHC fraternities and will probably be used as a handicapped parking early in the morning.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:09 am

NPHC Dedication Info

Here's the info on the NPHC Plots and Garden dedication. For those of you unfamiliar with NPHC, please understand that this plot / garden designation is quite a big deal. The IFC and PHC have both fully endorsed this effort to support the NPHC. The vast majority of the fundraising has come from NPHC members and alumni. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product this weekend.

#GiveYosef

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:31 am

Mark was out of his office so I left my name and number. From what I have already been told it seems that the Chancellor is in charge of this event and Yosef is trying to figure something out.

I'll update when Mark calls me with further details.
Last edited by NO.2 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:44 am

NO.2 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:31 am
Mark Woods was out of his office so I left my name and number. From what I have already been told it seems that the Chancellor is in charge of this event and Yosef is trying to figure something out.

I'll update when Mr. Woods calls me with further details.
Mark's last name is Libs ... assuming you're speaking of the director of annual giving for Yosef.

#GiveYosef

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:57 am

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:44 am
NO.2 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:31 am
Mark Woods was out of his office so I left my name and number. From what I have already been told it seems that the Chancellor is in charge of this event and Yosef is trying to figure something out.

I'll update when Mr. Woods calls me with further details.
Mark's last name is Libs ... assuming you're speaking of the director of annual giving for Yosef.
I've got bad reception in the office so I'm not surprised that I misunderstood. I'm glad that I'm the one waiting for the call instead of having to call back asking for the wrong name :lol:

EDIT:
Still waiting for the call, but still looking into this nonetheless. I found this interesting quote on the event page posted on the Homecoming website.
Please know that parking for this event is limited and available on a first come first serve basis. Please arrive early. If you have designated game day parking, we encourage you to utilize your assigned space.

mountaineertider

Unread post by mountaineertider » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:25 pm

I spoke with Virginia from Yosef Club this afternoon. The note did not come from traffic or Yosef. According to Virginia, neither group knew who passed out the fliers.

What she was able to find out was that there is a student life event going on around University Dr on Saturday morning. She said it would not affect spots 1-53 in the University Dr lot and I could park in my spot (#52 - come say hi if we are there) at normal time. 54 & up may be affected, but she said parking shouldn’t be an issue for them either. There might just be some people coming through. If you are in 54 and up, I would call Yosef to confirm. Virginia was extremely helpful.

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:37 pm

mountaineertider wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:25 pm
I spoke with Virginia from Yosef Club this afternoon. The note did not come from traffic or Yosef. According to Virginia, neither group knew who passed out the fliers.

What she was able to find out was that there is a student life event going on around University Dr on Saturday morning. She said it would not affect spots 1-53 in the University Dr lot and I could park in my spot (#52 - come say hi if we are there) at normal time. 54 & up may be affected, but she said parking shouldn’t be an issue for them either. There might just be some people coming through. If you are in 54 and up, I would call Yosef to confirm. Virginia was extremely helpful.
Sounds good. I never heard back from them so I'll probably call again tomorrow.

After reading the event page and hearing that YC was not responsible I'm beginning to think that the event organizers are just trying to scare people off of their spots.

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:59 pm

NO.2 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:37 pm
mountaineertider wrote:

After reading the event page and hearing that YC was not responsible I'm beginning to think that the event organizers are just trying to scare people off of their spots.
I was thinking the same thing as well. If these notes were credible in the least then they would have a signature or at least be "signed" by the department issuing the guidance. My guess is that the group organizing the dedication event on Saturday morning is simply trying to either score some prime parking for attendees or scare off tailgaters from possibly interfering somehow (loud noise, grilling, throwing footballs around) with their event. If Yosef and/or the Chancellors office is not willing to find an alternate, and equally acceptable, tailgating spot that allows those on University Drive to utilize their fully-allotted time then I'd tell them to kick dirt. Sunday morning seems like a nice, calm time for a dedication type event in that part of campus. I remember when Raley was often unavailable on HC morning until common-sense (and Yosef members) prevailed and the parade was moved to Friday evening, as to not interfere with parking on Saturday, among other logistical advantages.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:00 pm

NO.2 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:10 pm

Looks like you've been had.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

ASU03Grad

Unread post by ASU03Grad » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:46 am

NO.2 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:37 pm
mountaineertider wrote:

I emailed Mark and Doug Sunday afternoon....also still waiting on a response.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”